shape
carat
color
clarity

Good Price for a Stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wadsquad

Rough_Rock
I am looking at a GIA-certified round solitaire 1.01 carat F-SI2 that is an ideal cut with a 61 depth & 56 table. The asking price is $4700. It is very eye-clean and the inclusion is more onthe bottom. Does this seem to be a great, good or okay price? Thanks!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2005 3:46:41 PM
Author:wadsquad
I am looking at a GIA-certified round solitaire 1.01 carat F-SI2 that is an ideal cut with a 61 depth & 56 table. The asking price is $4700. It is very eye-clean and the inclusion is more onthe bottom. Does this seem to be a great, good or okay price? Thanks!
Seems like an O.K. price. Similar stones are listed on Pricescope price comparision for a few hundred less.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Price seems dead center, compared to options on this board, some being plus or minus $1K. Suggest if you haven''t already, review the tutorial here to get a sense of some other things that will help you review options, including a greater sense of how well cut the diamond is. Unfortunately, whereas the GIA cert is good, it doesn''t tend to help with that.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Caution: Don''t believe it''s an "ideal" cut just because someone says it is.

You mentioned the stone is GIA graded, and they don''t grade cut parameters. Unless the stone comes with measurement information about crown/pavilion angles, don''t blindly *assume* that the claim of being ideal cut is correct. Verify that with measurement info (Sarin, OGI, etc).

wadsquad

Rough_Rock
i have a bit more info now-
dimensions are:

6.48-6.51 x 3.96

Sym= Ex
Pol= VG
Gird= Medium

can anyone help figure out the crown & pavillion for me?

thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results