shape
carat
color
clarity

Good old gold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joshua1745

Rough_Rock
I saw a H&A round brilliant diamond on good old gold that I really liked. I also saw similar on niceice, and whiteflash. However I had a couple of questions about goodoldgold. The GemEx pictures they show I assume are done from their own machine (b/c I wasnt able to find the live report on the GemEX site). The results I saw looked great but then when I looked at other stone shapes on their site such as princess that are not associated with as good scintillation, light return, .. they were also getting incredible grades for light performance (such as the very hi). Much better than can be expected. My question is are goodoldgolds gemex reports accurate?

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Each different cut is rated on it''s own scale.
Rounds get measured on the scale for rounds.
And Princesses are rated on a scale for princesses.
So while the results may look the same, you have to remember that the frame of reference is for that particular cut. (Compare to other stones of that cut.)

Hope that helps.

I have a H&As Round from GOG, and I have two different B-Scopes for it, from two different sources.
GOGs B-Scope and the other are nearly identical. - So are they reliable, yes. Is the B-scope really a valid "true to life" test? Probably not. It is helpful with all the other information provided to help determine a high performing stone.

Make sense?

Scintillating...

laney

Brilliant_Rock
You''ll find a lot of "highs" on the stones listed on their site - because they hand pick the stones that they carry in stock.

If a stone doesn''t perform well, they don''t keep it to sell most times - they are looking for the highest quality product.

So if you are asking why there are no "average" stones.. with say "medium" results on their site - it is most likely due to the fact that they don''t normally carry ''average'' stones. They try to offer the highest scoring, highest quality products. Kind of thier niche.

I don''t think it''s that their equipment is not working properly.. is that what you are suggesting? I personally know that they use just more than the gemex or brilliance scope to test stones. They also have other instruments - such as the I2See that measure results..

joshua1745

Rough_Rock
how did you get 2 different b-scopes? Also, the reason I bought this question up, is that when I looked on nice ice.com their gemex reports had much lower ratings for the princess cuts (suggesting their analysis was maybee not only a comparison to other princess cuts.) I looked thru the posts and saw that you purchased a stone very similar to what I am considering from GOG (G-VS2 1.2 ct. H&A brilliant) Did your appraiser appraise it similar to what GOG said it was?

Anythoughts on whiteflash or nice-ice? Prices are similar.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Hi!

I second Laney on this - "If a stone doesn''t perform well, they don''t keep it to sell most times - they are looking for the highest quality product.

So if you are asking why there are no "average" stones.. with say "medium" results on their site - it is most likely due to the fact that they don''t normally carry ''average'' stones. They try to offer the highest scoring, highest quality products. Kind of thier niche."

With regards to your question abt the accuracy of their GEMEX reports, I remember Jon once telling me that when he gets the "approved" GEMEX report back, he''ll post the information on the page detailing the specs of the stone I was after. I *THINK* the results needs to be verified by Gemex?

I will trust Jon with my life when it comes to diamonds
9.gif
- I know that''s a big call, but he has never let me down with the stones he finds for me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results