shape
carat
color
clarity

Good Old Gold Website

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Good evening everyone from a very Bonnie Scotland!! ( It is 8.10pm and i am on my second glass of red wine!! He he)

Is it just me or is the GOG website unavailable???

Maybe I have checked the site too often and I am barred due to be being a potential diamond stalker!! LOL

Thoughts anyone?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
It was down yesterday, as confirmed by Jonathan, and I still can''t get into it today.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Pheeeewwwwww!!

I thought it was just me! lol

I am currently obsessed with "what if''s from their inventory!!

Thought I might have broken it!! hehehehehehehehe!

Thank you!

starshine

Shiny_Rock
I know...I''m going through withdrawals...
39.gif

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2010 3:27:42 PM
Author: starshine
I know...I''m going through withdrawals...
39.gif

It is a great feeling to know I am in good company!!

sparklyforever

Shiny_Rock
Goodness... I do the same thing to.
Just checked.. still down.

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
They had trouble with it from Thursday on. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. It worked this morning. (I am writing this Mar 13 7pm).

512BB

Rough_Rock
I was just at the store yesterday, Jonathan did not seem very happy that the site was down. They could still access the site in store though. I think their email is still working, so I would suggest if you really need information you should call or email them.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I checked it earlier this evening as well...still down.
39.gif

joxxxelyn

Shiny_Rock
This is awful. I wonder if their server is faulty or if the code became corrupted. At least the vimeo account still works!

http://vimeo.com/diamondlab

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to you all for the reassurance that I did not actually break the site or indeed was barred!! LOL

It is still down for me at 10.14am in Scotland. I do know that Vicki in GOG was having email problems last week so maybe they are having some repairs done (is that even a word you can use for computers/servers?? ).

I will keep checking like the the diamond loulou that I am.

Thanks again! :)

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Hey fellow countrywoman

I too live in Scotland, in fact not too far from Dumbarton.

What are you considering from GOG? If it were me, I''d get an Octavia, but would have to wait til Karl commissioned something in the 1.75-2ct range.

Is this an e-ring or an upgrade?

Po
x

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2010 6:25:17 AM
Author: Po10472
Hey fellow countrywoman

I too live in Scotland, in fact not too far from Dumbarton.

What are you considering from GOG? If it were me, I''d get an Octavia, but would have to wait til Karl commissioned something in the 1.75-2ct range.

Is this an e-ring or an upgrade?

Po

x

Hi Po!!!!!

It is lovely to meet a fellow diamond devotee as well as a countrywoman!! Aren''t we in the minority here as far as diamond cut nuts are concerned!!

I am currently in a process of consigning my RB 1 carat stone (from my ering - we are married almost 13 years) with a view to buying another, ideal cut H & A RB from Jonathon. I adore the octavia too. I do think that as my diamond increases in size ( I plan to upgrade as often as possible LOL) I will alter the shape of my stone. I will probably go in person to GOG one day and see which shape speaks to me best.

This is in the future. Just now I just want to get into the Upgrade world and concentrate on getting the best stone I can for my budget, grow it in the future and make a more educated choice, in person one day. Then hopefully I will calm down and take up knitting, but I doubt it!!

Are you going to take the plunge and get an Octavia???

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
I''d love to one day but not just now, in a few more years, need to save up heaps.

My intention is to go for a 1.75ct fat EC which I''d set horizontally with my 5 stone. If I were to go for an Octavia, if I could afford it, I''d go for as close to a 2ct as possible as asschers face up smaller so would want as big as possible. The only issue I think I would have, is that the Octavia is so unique and sparkly that it probably wouldn''t sit well with my 5-stone as it would blow it out the water in terms of sparkle.

Anyhoo, we can always dream can''t we.

Well good luck with your diamond search and you''re in safe hands with Jonathon. If you can, take a trip out there, if you''ve never been to NYC you''ll love it.

Oh, Mrs Mitchell is also a Scotswomen on here and she''s lovely.

Po
x

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
You are right, we can dream!!

I have spoken online with lovely Mrs Mitchell. In fact our jewellers (benchmen) are right next door to each other in the Argyle Arcade. I use James Brown and she uses Rooneys!!

It is a small world!

I look forward to watching your future Octavia creation!! Your current set looks amazing.

A trip to NY is up there on my wishlist along with my 2 carat diamond ring. A girl can but try!!

About2ask

Rough_Rock
... anyone have an ETA when GOG is suppose to be up and running? I would like to check their selection before only looking at WF and JA

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes very frustrating. It's never been down this long.
39.gif

I know it will be fixed. I spoke with my server admin Saturday before I left work and there appeared to be HD trouble. They fixed that and were backing up all the data we had previously uploaded (4 years worth of files on the diamonds we have sold over the years since we launched that site back in 2006). I will be on the horn with them tomorrow until it is up and have already implemented steps that should this ever happen again there will be a mirror site to go to as a proxy.

My sincere apologies about any inconvenience. If for some reason it is not up by tomorrow please call us for immediate assistance at 516-798-5151 ext 2 during our hours of operation (Tues - Saturday 9:30am - 6pm except Thursday's which are till 9pm).

Until then here is a direct link accessing our albums teaching and showing diamonds via Vimeo.

Thanks for your patience while we work to get things back up to speed.

Regards,

About2ask

Rough_Rock
Thanks Rhino! This will definitely help pass the time until the site is back up.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Jon - it must be extremly frustrating with your website down. I hope the tech folks get it back up soon without much data loss.

jgny

Shiny_Rock
Yay, it''s back up! There goes my next hour!!!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/15/2010 10:02:51 AM
Author: jgny

Thank you! Off I go into sparkle land!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seems fine now.

starshine

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/15/2010 10:02:51 AM
Author: jgny

Woo hoo!!!
36.gif

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm.. I still can''t open the website? Anyone else still having trouble or is it just me?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t get in either.

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t access it either.

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
I was able to load it at one point, stepped away for a few moments, came back and all the links were dead. Ahhh... I''m going through withdrawals! I look quite often since I got the thumbs up from hubby on an upgrade! What is a girl to do?? hehe

Hopefully it''s back up soon - I know how frustrating web issues are for business owners, but this is pretty extreme for down time... I''d have someone''s ears bleeding by now (on the phone with the host company) I''m sure.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It''s back up now thank God. Thanks for your patience while we fixed it.

About2ask

Rough_Rock
Did GOG run out of diamonds?! I can''t find any diamonds on their website... at least not under "Diamond Search" Is this another bug with the site?

About2ask

Rough_Rock
^ ignore that... I must have been under the proxy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results