shape
carat
color
clarity

Good news :) Job at T&Co!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
So great that Tiffany will pay! Yay - even more good news!!

I've been combing PS trying to find JF's posts about working at Tiffany but I haven't had any luck so far!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!!! I'm so excited for you!! And that is wonderful that Tiffany's will pay for your GG courses since they are none too inexpensive!! I'd love to work at Tiffany's for a holiday season, but unfortunately the closest one to me is 3 hours away- just a tad too long to commute :lol:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats! That's so exciting! What's AJP??

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Ruby, I tried to look up about the AJP course with the GIA but it was quite confusing. On the one hand there's a page which says "Enroll for the AJP course" but there is no price,and when you go a little further, there are about six courses adding up to a few thousand, none of them called an AJP course.

Is it the case that if you complete all those courses - diamond grading, diamond essentials, pearls, coloured stone essentials, etc - the AJP is awarded at that point?

Or is the AJP a separate thing from those courses?

The AJP page says things like "How would you like to greet customers with confidence?" etc, but when you click forward and look at the aforementioned courses, there is nothing about retail skills at all in the courses. Bit confused!

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, it is confusing. 3 courses comprise AJP - Jewelry Essentials, Diamond Essentials and Colored Stone Essentials. These are all E-learning classes. When you do all 3, you get AJP.

Click this link and scroll down:
http://www.gia.edu/gia-courses-offered

Vera W

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Awww. Thanks so much rubyshoes! Congratulations on your Sales Consultant position, you are going to do an excellent job at selling and encouraging clients with their most treasured purchases. Just knowing how much you enjoy the finer quality of your own jewelry wardrobe puts you way ahead of game. :appl:

Congratulations on your AJP too. It is a very informative and interesting course study and really carries weight in the industry. :read:

You’re welcome on the call and conversation. I really enjoyed sharing with you from what I know of over 25 years in this wonderful world of jewelry. :wavey: Wishing you the greatest of success in your new adventure. :D

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! That was so fast - very impressive! I hope I'll be able to join WF on a field trip to visit you!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't believe I responded to this thread and didn't say congratulations, rubyshoes! So yay!!! It sounds pretty good to me - congratulations! :appl: :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Good news :) Job at T&Co!

Congratulations. I hope you love it there.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! =)

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Ruby, thanks so much for answering my question! :wavey:

The courses are only $165 each and I think competition for seasonal Christmas positions at the Boston store is intense, possibly due to the very high student population. Perhaps I'll do those courses to give me an edge. And, when I was a student, I worked in a high-end department store for three years. It was 200 years old with a grand staircase and a culture of white-glove service, so hopefully that would stand me in good stead should I ever decide to apply.

I wait with bated breath to hear all about your first week at Tiffany!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very Exciting!!! Congratulations!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for all your kind wishes :)) PSers are the best!

Smith, sounds like a really good plan. Even if competition is intense, I think you will really stand out due to your knowledge. And of course an AJP will be great :)) Good luck!!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, Rubyshoes! What a exciting job! I hope you love it!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I have been thinking about taking the AJP courses as well, and I'm glad to hear you are headed down such an amazing path armed with that knowledge. Looking forward to hearing about how you like working in the industry!

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's great! I can't imagine a more fun job! Everyone is in a great mood when they're looking at jewelry. I agree about it being like working at an ice cream parlor though. Lots of temptation at T&Co.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! It's always nice to run into someone working at T&Co who actually knows their stuff. I loved chatting with one of my old SAs and he was always impressed with the knowledge I had (which is very minimal compared to some of the other ladies here) but just in the fact that I knew what type of questions to ask that weren't typical ones that customers who hadn't read up on their research would know to ask. Hopefully you can sneak some cool tidbits to us sometime! ;))

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rubyshoes|1380842840|3531726 said:
Thanks guys :)) I wanted to mention a huge Thank You to Vera Wages from WF. I had phoned her to ask her about the industry and career paths and she was so sweet and kind. She gave me a lot of guidance! She is awesome. :praise:

Kenny, to be on the safe side, I am going to curtail my postings and will just stick to SMTB and Hangout... I anyway don't post in other forums like RockyTalky. I also do not intend to post anything about the company itself... I am sure there are confidentiality agreements I will have to sign, which I fully respect.

I don't want to mislead anyone, that's why I have contacted mods about the Trade designation. :)) Also I couldn't wait to share the news with PSers. :))

This is very exciting news. Congratulations. I am glad that Hangout is one of the places that you will still be posting!!!

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF
:wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1380863473|3531936 said:
SB621|1380844628|3531758 said:
Congratulations! There used to be a poster on CS who worked for Tiffany for years. I can't remember exactly who but she had some great infomration (the good, the bad and the ugly of Tiffanys) and I always enjoyed reading about it.

SB: It was two posters before you, lol! You're talking about JF. :))

That's what I thought, but when SB put it in the past tense I thought it was just my bad memory. Didn't Laurie post about a thin band with green jewels that she got at Tiffany's when she worked there? Was it a stacking band set with emeralds? Something no longer available there?

Deb
:saint:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1381322024|3534694 said:
Didn't Laurie post about a thin band with green jewels that she got at Tiffany's when she worked there? Was it a stacking band set with emeralds? Something no longer available there?

Found it. I will stop threadjacking now!

Laurie's Tiffany band..[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/does-anyone-have-green-stone-diamond-eternity-band.154071/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/does-anyone-have-green-stone-diamond-eternity-band.154071/[/URL]

AGBF
:saint:

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Very exciting, RS! Congratulations! I just got into the biz recently as a sales associate too, and only have Jewelry Essentials to complete before getting my AJP. Maybe we'll have some upcoming experiences in common :)) Best of luck!

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, I have been away from PS for a bit - was going bonkers planning a friend's baby shower. But it is done and I can heave a big sigh of relief.

Thank you for the kind wishes!

Snicklefritz, how exciting. I expect we will! :))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you know when exactly you will start? If you want, will you check in and let us know how it went the first couple of shifts you work? Its always nice to know that people are in your corner thinking of you when you start something new and feel out of place at the start...

Squee! Excited for you! :appl:

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That would be my dream job. Hell, I would be happy to just have a bag from there.

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys, I've been away from PS for so long because I am working long hours but I just thought I'd check in and say Hi :wavey: Having a wonderful time at T&Co and learning a LOT. We have tons of shoppers coming in esp on weekends and expect even more traffic because of the holidays. I barely get a chance to catch my breath lol! But I'm having fun and I absolutely adore my managers. I've already made a few friends there. And I've been a bad girl and shopped for myself ;)) I love my new (yellow gold) pieces! I would post a photo but I don't know if it would be considered a violation of PS policy since I work there...

I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Folks on my block have already started putting up Xmas lighting, and I hope to put ours up this evening after work. Ok, time to go. Gotta jump in the shower and run to work! :D

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay it's so nice to hear you're having a great experience! :appl:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Rubyshoes, I thought of you yesterday, wondering how you are doing. It's gonna get nuts from now till about January 5 around there! Glad you're enjoying it -- and good girl, shop till you drop at the employee store! You'll never regret it.

--- Laurie

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1385925685|3565666 said:
Rubyshoes, I thought of you yesterday, wondering how you are doing. It's gonna get nuts from now till about January 5 around there! Glad you're enjoying it -- and good girl, shop till you drop at the employee store! You'll never regret it.

--- Laurie

So cool to know you're not only hanging in, but loving it, RS! And LOVE Laurie's advice to you - buy, buy, buy! :bigsmile:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Done, Rubyshoes. One note: If the message had my correct email address, it starts with an "L." The one I registered with doesn't exist anymore & I can't seem to change it on my DB registration. If the system put in the wrong one (doesn't start with an "L,") let me know here. I'll message you again & put it in the body of the message. Make sense? (Clear as mud!) Anything I can help you with, will be glad to.

--- Laurie

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results