shape
carat
color
clarity

Good News...but not THAT good!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, Girls!

I missed the last few days because I lost my computer to a virus! Meanwhile a lot has happened that I just have to share!

My older sister got ENGAGED on Friday night! I am so happy for her! I was hoping that it would come soon or she was going to implode -- she could have used the LIWs! Her ring seems pretty, but I haven''t seen a great picture yet. When I get one, I will post it so you all have a little more eyecandy (because you can never have enough!).

Other than the virus, there was another snag this weekend...My mom called Saturday morning. She asked if I had talked to my sis, chattted for two seconds, and then asked to speak to my BF. Well, I had an idea what this was going to be about! Now Mom''s getting one daughter married off and she''s hoping for a domino effect! I casually told my BF that she wanted to talk to him (highly unusual, he was not fooled) and he started cracking up. Amidst his laughter, he refused to speak with her. Worse, when I finally thrust the phone at him, HE HUNG UP ON MY MOTHER! Now, he thought this was hilarious. I couldn''t do anything other than stare at him. Needless to say, when I called my mom back, I found that she did not share the joke even though she normally thinks he can do no wrong. He realized that perhaps he went too far and he did speak with her. He wouldn''t tell me later what she said, but he did confirm that it was along the lines of "Marry My Daughter!" nagging. I''m not sure that I am happy with either of them.

Then, more good news. BF and I were watching TV and having a few drinks Satuday night. He seemed like he was in a pretty good mood, so I thought I could safely bring up the dangerous topic, despite the fact that he had declined to take me ring "looking" earlier in the day...I basically told him that I knew that he was not ready yet, but that if/when he was, I was hoping that he would work with Leon in New York (we live on the Jersey Shore, only a 2 hour trip away). I stated that it would be easy for him, because he could take my pictures and sketches to Leon, but otherwise trust him to design something beautiful that I would love! (Not much response here...) The I told him that it would be very reasonable for such a quality custom setting, only $1,000-3,000, and he agreed (surprised) that that was a good price. Then he said, "Well, I''m not ready yet, but you should email his contact information to me so that I have it..." That''s a good sign, right?! Then he followed with a comment that I should not be expecting a "big rock" because he would not be able to afford it. Aside from the fact that he probably does not even know what he could afford because to the best of my knowledge he has never researched it.....He was talking about buying a ring! This is pretty good news for me, since a month ago all I could get was that he was scared to be "sure" about us gettting married! The next day, he made comments about the two of us taking trips this year to Florida (my family and a job-related class) and South Carolina (our alma mater and the place he told me long, long ago was where he would propose when the time came). It has all made me a little bit more hopeful, which I needed, since life has seemed pretty dark lately.

Finally, on Sunday, my BF managed to save all of my files before reformatting the hard drive. I was so relieved! He thought it was just because of my school and work files, but I also couldn''t stand the thought of losing my "ring" folder...
9.gif
I spent a lot of valuable time finding all those pictures, after all! Otherwise, what would he take to Leon?
2.gif

Sorry this is so long!!!!! I don''t have any friends in New Jersey and just reading this forum has been such a help to me!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Fata, I feel your pain....my mom habitually does the "marry my daughter" nag as she and BF guzzle down the cabernet. Nice. Makes me a little annoyed with them both, as you said.

Congrats for your sister!! Yes, please post--we like all the bling we can handle here.....

Well....I'd be cautiously happy about this progress....he's definitely come along from the last conversation and is actually discussing the eventuality of the purchase, so that's good!! And the SC trip does indeed seem full of potential to me too.

EEk!!! Exciting...

(p.s. and thank god yoru bf could retrieve your files....I recommend printing those pics out when you can--I've e-mailed them all to my bf and he printed them all, which is great b/c in my move I deleted my whole folder!!)

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah, you only have to lose everything on your computer once to learn the importance of backing up.

Just remember, nice and easy - slow and steady with these boys. Rome wasn''t built in a day.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
feta - congrats to your sister!!! was her engagement expected?

and as for you, its always a good step when you can get guys to actually TALK about buying a ring. You''ll get there!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats to your sister! Of course we want to some eyecandy! and Yay to you!
36.gif
Sounds like ou guys are taking steps in the right direction!!! How exciting!! Like erin said...baby steps...but steps forward nonetheless!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results