shape
carat
color
clarity

good diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I''m just wondering if I should keep this diamond or consider another upgrade (sometime NOT in the near future)....If I did upgrade I would go to something about the 1 carat mark and from a D to an F or E. Same clarity and try to get a better cut??

I bought this diamond before I discovered pricescope. So I though if it says IDEAL cut, and excellent polish
and symmetry it was a good diamond. But when I enter these stats from my GIA cert (depth 61.9%, table 54.8%, crown 35.2'', pavil 40.8'', and culet 0.4% None) into Holloway Cut Adviser I get a 2 = Very Good.

I guess I''m using the term "good" loosely. Because this diamond is very good according to the HCA. But I want excellent! Pricescopers have a different standard of a good diamond. ;-) Do most of you only buy a stone if it gets an excellent on the HCA?

Also, I have a question about the diameter. What diam should a .811 have? The Diameter on my GIA cert says 5.99mm (5.98 - 6.02) [0.8%]. The measurements are 5.98 - 6.01 x 3.71 mm. Does this look bigger or smaller than it should be?

Next time I shop for a diamond I''m going to ask for a sarin report to be run.

Any advice/information/help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
If you do a search by cut quality at the top of the page, you will see lots of diamonds that have measurements similar to yours......and similar diameters.........do a search of .81''s (put in all color/clarity choices so you''ll get lots of options)

35.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Is there a big visible difference between a diamond that scores a 2 and 2?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results