shape
carat
color
clarity

gonna hide under the bed tomorrow :{

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
part 301 in the sorry saga of storms tooth

As of last week he said still cant pull it but im gonna talk to him about it tomorrow.
He wants to flush it out and fill it with anti-biotic again :{
1:15 tomorrow. yikes!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy mother of....

I thought the saga was ended. This has got to be the worst root canal in modern history, if not the history of the world.
At this point it almost would have been better to pull the thing out with pliers from the get go. Most call that torture...but it almost sounds like all of this has been worse!

Has the abscess gone down, or is this no longer about the abscess? (Seems not to be if they're still doing stuff inside the canals.)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2006 9:29:33 PM
Author:strmrdr

As of last week he said still cant pull it but im gonna talk to him about it tomorrow.
Time to hide under the bed this time!!! Nah just kidding. But in all seriousness, you have been through the ringer with this dang tooth. If it were me I''d have it pulled and be done with it. I''d be so sick of it by now. Of course see what he has to say, but you''re the one living this horror. Time for the ice skate methinks, ( Castaway, with Tom Hanks) I''ve kidded Storm that if I lived closer I''d help him yank it out. You have been through countless rounds of antibiotics, have had it flushed, sealed etc... Nothing has worked. I''d want to hide under the bed too!! Good luck!!! Prayers outgoing!!!
12.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2006 9:29:33 PM
Author:strmrdr

Enough already!!! If you need help pulling that darned tooth, I''m more than willing to help.

Your dentist (endodontist?) is a sadist; nobody should be subjected to the torture you''ve endured!!!
38.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Storm,

My periodontist tested a tooth on which I just had a root canal and a crown...by putting tiny fibers under the tooth and keeping them wet before mailing them out in a tiny vial of liquid. He sent the cultures to Temple University in Philadelphia. (I know I said this in another posting.)

I have been on a combination of Metronidazole and Augmentin (orally) to fight the exact bacteria under my tooth. I have a printout of the bacteria found (by name) and the strength of each one. My antibiotics are not given by guess ( as the periodontist and endodontist did at first). They are specifically chosen for the bacteria in mouth.

I urge you (yet again) to have this done! I do remember that other meds you are on cause a conflict with some antibiotics, but maybe you can be hospitalized and the other meds can be changed while you are watched...IF you need antibiotics that you have not yet been given! Or maybe you can get the medication you are on in a stronger form via IV?

My thoughts are with you.

Deb
34.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb: ill ask him about it but its likely more $ than I can afford.
kaleigh: I hear ya.. thanks for the prayers your the sweetest! :}

He is worried about damaging my jaw if he pulls it.
He said this is the most subborn one he has seen in a long time.
If anything its getting worse so will see.

isaku5: torture is a good term for it if it wasnt for the pain meds im on for my elbow anyway id have pulled it myself out of sheer agony.

sucks when I get sick I dont go half way at it :{
will let ya know what I find out.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Storm, your poor thing...

I do have to say you''re a better man than I am (LOL!); I''ve been keeping track of your saga and I truly *would* have hidden under the bed by now!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/11/2006 9:36:47 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Holy mother of....I thought the saga was ended. This has got to be the worst root canal in modern history, if not the history of the world.
HI:

I was gonna say the same thing......
6.gif

Storm--at first I though the guy just wanted a boat, but now I see his eye is on a yacht
2.gif

cheers--Sharon

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2006 11:49:45 PM
Author: canuk-gal
Date: 6/11/2006 9:36:47 PM

Holy mother of....I thought the saga was ended. This has got to be the worst root canal in modern history, if not the history of the world.
HI:

I was gonna say the same thing......
6.gif

Storm--at first I though the guy just wanted a boat, but now I see his eye is on a yacht
2.gif

cheers--Sharon

lol that cracked me up...
only good thing is that he isnt charging me any extra.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/11/2006 10:41:14 PM
Author: strmrdr
Deb: ill ask him about it but its likely more $ than I can afford.

I don't think it was very expensive, but we have some (not much) dental insurance and that may (or may not) have helped to pay for the lab work.

I send prayers.

Deb
34.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending good thoughts your way today strm...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope you''re there now and not under your bed Storm. Make sure to tell us all about it when you can. Prayers, vibes of courage are all outgoing to you!!!
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
He said no to having it pulled.
Still too much going on no one would do it but it is 1/3-1/2 filled in.
He verified he was into the cavity from the roots with an xray and he wasnt getting any gunk when he flushed it so he thinks it might just be a pocket that will fill in.
If it doesnt in another 2 weeks he is going to go in from the side and flush it out the next week after that and not charge me any more for it.
So will see....
Told him id think about it and we would see at the next apt.
So the saga continues....

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb: I asked him about that and he said if it was wet they could do that but he wasnt getting anything so it wouldnt help.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
14.gif

Is he saying there''s a weird pocket in your root canals, or next to the roots in your jaw? I hope whatever needs to ''fill in'' fills in so this can be over. I didn''t quite ''get'' his explanation. Just wondering what''s supposed to fill in!

How has the pain been? Same? More? Constant?

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I''m certainly glad you went to the dentist, but like FG, I don''t understand the "filling in" part.

As long as the pain is controllable, I guess 2 more weeks is not too long to wait for an improvement.....

You are certainly being patient about the situation.
35.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
The dark spot is slightly smaller and less well defined in the latest xrays is what I ment by filling in.
If he is is flushing into it and not getting anything out im wondering if its an empty pocket now. I could feel the flush stuff hitting the bottom of the pocket.
Here is his first xray I dont have a copy of the latest.

mytooth.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
This could show how much I don''t know about dentistry....but isn''t that bone down there??? I wonder what is supposed to fill in?

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Yikes-o, what a NIGHTMARE!!!!!! Hang in there, Storm!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2006 7:59:29 PM
This could show how much I don''t know about dentistry....but isn''t that bone down there??? I wonder what is supposed to fill in?

i donno whats spose to fill it in for sure either and am too out of it to look it up lol.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
ugh shoulda stayed under the bed.
now i know why he makes it 2 weeks between appointments ugh
So i sorta forget how bad it was last time.
ugh

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Hi strmrdr
I just had mt root canal done last Friday. It was a piece of cake after they num you up! All the noises correlate to no pain. So DON"T WORRY!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks zhuzhu glad to hear yours went well.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope you''re feeling better Strm, though we do appreciate your vicoden-laced posts.
3.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2006 5:15:32 PM
I hope you''re feeling better Strm, though we do appreciate your vicoden-laced posts.
3.gif

managed to get a couple hours sleep so feeling a little better.
Glad ya enjoyed the posts tomorrow ill have to go back and see what they were LOL
hope i aint getting in too much trouble.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2006 5:32:14 PM

3.gif

Glad ya enjoyed the posts tomorrow ill have to go back and see what they were LOL
We wouldn''t let you do that.
2.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2006 7:29:50 PM
Date: 6/13/2006 5:32:14 PM

3.gif

We wouldn''t let you do that.
2.gif

:}

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is starting to settle down some mostly back to where it was before he messed with it monday except when I eat.
oatmeal for supper tonight but the gyro sandwich was awesome for lunch even if it did hurt very bad when I bit into it.
Working while flyin is fun (no I wasnt driving)
(no it wasnt uncle nicks)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Storm I just read your saga... I HAD NO IDEA!! You poor thing. My cousin is a dentist (specializes in cosmetic dentistry.. got love S CA) and anything I get done gets copied and verified through him... if I don''t fly out to CA and have him do it himself. I can''t imagine the amount of pain you are constantly enduring... I have to agree with whomever said that this has to be the worst RC in the history of dentistry. I''m so sorry you are STILL enduring this.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope the pain is continuing to subside. I couldn''t even chew on that side of my mouth when the RC was first done...for days. That gyro musta been REAL good.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results