shape
carat
color
clarity

Gold lovers: need advice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think, I know I''ve been had! I bid on and successfully won a ring that was described as 22k on ebay. When I got it through the post today, I was pretty disappointed. I''ve won 22k rings in the past that were good quality rings with a nice weight and all the relevant hallmarks. This one just seems off somehow. I''ll try and describe it.... I think it''s from QVC......

It is a plain band, with ''916'', ''QVC'', and 2 hallmarks that look like a sideways anchor and a cross stamped on the inside. When I say stamped, it''s not stamped ''into'' the gold like my other rings, they just sit on top. The ring doesn''t seem solid, as it is very light, and the band depth is thin, although it has been ''rolled under'' on the inside to create the illusion that the depth is wider. My question is, is this ring 22ct gold-filled or plated? Does QVC carry solid 22ct jewellery?

I want my money back
1.gif

Thank you!! for any and all help!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, here's my stream of consciousness.

BAD: I looked up '22k ring' on QVC.com and the only things that came up were 22kt gold plated over sterling silver. None had the anchor or cross stamping on them, but they did have '925' and 'Mexico' stamped on them.

GOOD: 22kt/24kt (pure) equals 0.916. So the 916 stamping could actually mean 22 kt gold.

WHO KNOWS: It's possible the ring could actually be 22kt but just not a quality piece. I have ordered wg from QVC in the past only to return it because although it was real gold, it was quite flimsy, not solid gold...more like gold tubing that was hollow inside. So it could be real, just not NICE.
2.gif

End stream of consciousness.
1.gif

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
LOL, thanks for your thoughts! I kinda think the ring is gold tubing, I mean it''s rolled in on itself! It''s definitely not a quality piece, plus there''s a visible join. I''ve sent an email to QVC for some specifics on their 22k jewelry too. Now I''m trying to figure out how to word my email to the seller. Blah! I''ve learned my lesson!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results