shape
carat
color
clarity

*~*~*Gold Coin Cufflinks For Men*~*~*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gold Coin Cufflinks

In the past I have posted about wanting to buy my husband some gold coin cufflinks. I have finally taken the plunge, buying the pair pictured below from Goldwatches.com. They are a compromise between what he would usually wear (silver or yellow non-precious metal) and what I might buy him if he enjoyed gold or other precious metals the way I do (high karat gold or whatever he liked). I wanted to get him something simple since he doesn't like "frilly" things. (He would never wear a ring, for instance. He even folds his handkerchief into a pocket square rather than fluting it so that it doesn't look haphazard and ruffled, but looks precise instead.)

At any rate, I bought him these. I was hoping that other people would post coin cufflinks that they own or that they have admired in this thread. As I mentioned, I have been looking at coin cufflinks for years and I have seen a lot of them. I would really enjoy seeing what other people own or have found now that I finally made my own choice. I think we could use a thread like this, too!

AGBF
34.gif

GoldCufflinksFromGoldwatches.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Cool Deb! What are the dimensions?

Are they a surprise?

ETA: I always look on SP for their cufflink selection--but at present there is nothing with coins.

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
7/20/2009 10:06:01 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Cool Deb! What are the dimensions?

Are they a surprise?

ETA: I always look on SP for their cufflink selection--but at present there is nothing with coins.

The diameter is 13/16" . Since I do not have a ruler at hand, I am trying to envision that. 8/16" would be a half inch wide, and 12/16" would be three quarters of and inch wide, so 13/16" is just the tiniest bit wider than 3/4".

And yes, they are a surprise. He wanted a GPS for the oldest of our cars (a 1994 Jeep) that doesn't have one! (He is getting that, too.) (Did I mention that it is his birthday?)

Thank you for your interest :).

AGBF
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb, great idea!

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Nice cufflinks! My husband has a pair of Dilmum Seals as cufflinks in high carat gold. I''ll try and post pictures if I can.

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
In the UK the legal drinking age is 18, so these were quite a witty 18th birthday gift? The Dilmun civilisation was centred in Bahrain in the 7th century.....

beer drinkers dilmun seal cufflink.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
7/23/2009 12:36:21 PM
Author: just_looking!

In the UK the legal drinking age is 18, so these were quite a witty 18th birthday gift? The Dilmun civilisation was centred in Bahrain in the 7th century.....

These are very good looking, indeed! Are they supposed to repesent two figures drinking? Please tell me anything more that you can. I love high karat gold!

AGBF
34.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Deb, I saw a pair of coin gold cufflinks at Gale jewellery on El Paseo in Palm Desert. I think they were 70% off original price--but I didn''t really see the original price (possibly 5K?). Thought of you immediately...

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results