shape
carat
color
clarity

Golconda diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asuter

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know if it possible to identify the Golconda origin of a diamond?
I need to certify a diamond and the owner believes that it comes from the Golconda mines.
Otherwise which laboratories could make it (GIA, Gübelin, SSEF, HRD?)
Thank you
AS

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Many people state it's impossible to determine country (or mine) of origin for a diamond.

I'm of the opinion that there are sometimes characteristics which can give a moderate to strong indication of origin, and for a lab with sophisiticated equipment, a positive ID might be possible from time to time.

I think most labs shy away from it because it is very difficult and usually non-conclusive. Further, I think they don't want to start something they can't do on a regular basis.

If anyone can do it, it would probably be the Gubelin lab. I don't think GIA or HRD would attempt it. Possibly SSEF.

If it's an important stone, you might be able to get them to make an attempt if you tell them you realize the results might be inconclusive and you're still willing to pay for the analysis, which probably won't be cheap.

asuter

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your answer Richard Sherwood
AS

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
asuter,

I would be very interested indeed in knowing more about this if you pursue analysis.

Deborah

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results