shape
carat
color
clarity

Going to NYC on 1/5 - need recommendations please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
DH and I are going to be in NYC on 1/5. I have not been there since 2001 [when DD was in the Macy''s parade! LOL!].

I need recommendations in 3 areas:
1. Which jewelery stores are a "must see" and where, exactly, are they located? [as you probably know, I like major pieces with great workmanship and creativity and large stones
9.gif
- new or antique]. I kinda know the places on 5th but apparently there are some must sees on Madison? Any recommendations would be appreciated.
2. Where is the best place to park?
3. Where should we have lunch?

I am hoping to park the car and walk to wherever we are going.

Thanks for you help!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2 "must see" jewelry stores on Madison Ave are Graff at 721 Madison and Leviev at 700 Madison. Sorry, I can''t help you with parking because I always take the Amtrak train to NY. If you won''t be with a big group, the Trump Bar or the Grille in the Trump Tower are nice places to have lunch.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! It will just be DH and me. We are headed down for some other biz so we figured we''d make a day of it!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
3. If I could go anywhere in NYC for lunch, I''d go to Gramercy Tavern because it''s the best food I''ve ever had. However, I can''t think of any jewelry stores that are in that area, and it''d be quite a walk from any of the big names you''ll probably go to see. I wouldn''t try to drive into the city at all, maybe park in a guarded parking structure in a borough and take the subway in, but if you''re unfamiliar with the subway then it can get kind of...crazy. I''ve walked about 70 blocks in NYC in 3 inch heels and it wasn''t really my idea of fun. Although I looked fabulous!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
MB - Do you think Graff and Leviev will let me in? LOL! [Kidding.] I really look forward to seeing those pieces live [and on my hand, neck, ears and arm!] Thanks for the suggestion. In fact, Leviev was on my list after I checked out their site thanks to your post earlier this month. Killer goods! At Graff too, of course.

I was also planning to hit Cartier. They have always been very forthcoming by hauling everything out to be tried on [whether I wanted to see it or not! LOL!]! I'll look at Van Cleef's even though the buggers price in Euros!
29.gif
And I'll hit Chopard to see if I can look at the bracelet I'm thinking of getting for my watch before I order it.

Any other recommendations?

As far as lunch goes, Gramercy Tavern looks yummy. I'll have to check out the places at Trump Tower too.

Thanks for your recommendations!

Now . . . the biggest issue . . . where to park! LOL! No subway for me!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Graff and Leviev will definitely let you in. I almost forgot - Fred Leighton at 773 Madison is another "must see".

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
OK, then, Fred, Leviev and Graff it is!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Any other thoughts on jewelry "must sees" or lunch places?

Thanks.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
well.........

My reco is not as high-end, but I LOVED this place because there was a great selection of both antique and new, and they are GREAT about letting you try anything and everything on:

M. Khordipour
(The Diamond District)
West 47th Street - between Fifth and the Avenue of the Americas ( Sixth Avenue ) in midtown Manhattan.

Have FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*and take pics*
31.gif

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
DB i want to recommend John's Pizza at 260 w44th street. if you are going to be in times square at all, it is a casual pizza place with good food.

It is a very cool place, it used to be a church. you would never know when you walk in, and you would pass it looking for an old church from the street. but when you get inside, it has high ceilings, balcony, you can see the original structure.

the high ceilings make for a very noisy place, but the brick oven pizza is awsome.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2008 11:06:50 AM
Author: Eva17
DB i want to recommend John''s Pizza at 260 w44th street. if you are going to be in times square at all, it is a casual pizza place with good food.

It is a very cool place, it used to be a church. you would never know when you walk in, and you would pass it looking for an old church from the street. but when you get inside, it has high ceilings, balcony, you can see the original structure.

the high ceilings make for a very noisy place, but the brick oven pizza is awsome.
Oooooh, I saw that on the Travel Channel or Food Network and that place looked soooo cool! The food looked grat too; someday I can try that place out. Have fun on your trip miss Dia!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I''m baaaaack!

Holy crap, OMG, etc.! What a spectacular time! We started looking for an e-ring upgrade and were completely blown away. I "need" more than one! We saw so many spectacular pieces.

I am going to post my pics and commentary in a separate thread. The pics are too big so I need to shrink them. I''ll do that tomorrow.

Thank you all for your great suggestions!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a taste [21.16 carat D IF ex ex 16.04x15.62x11.37 45% table 72.8% depth, etc.]:

21 carat asscher.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh WOW!! What a diamond!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/7/2008 5:55:09 AM
Author: bee*
oh WOW!! What a diamond!
OMG!!! That is one HONKIN' Asscher!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
arniesmile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results