shape
carat
color
clarity

going rate for platinum setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

albetan

Rough_Rock
Hello

Notice that WhiteFlash offer the Tiffany Etoile Platinium setting at $1450.
(http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Heavy-Platinum-Halfbezel-by-LE_714.htm)

The pricing for a re-make seems to be rather expensive.
Anything i missed .......i assume this pricing come without any stone.
1.gif

albetan

Rough_Rock
The pricing Tiffany quoted me for a Plat Etoile with the smallest stone start from SGD$2000 plus,
Assuming she mean SGD$2999, that abt US$1800.
That means with this price, i get a real Tiffany setting plus a small stone plus the blue box.

Going with the remake doesnt seems to save much in this case.
Or there''s other consideration i''m not aware of ?

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Something you might like to note: buying any setting, least of all a platinum one, from an overseas vendor is *always* going to cost you more money than getting it locally. Just coverting it into SGD alone will be enough to shock you.
25.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2005 12:36:57 PM
Author: albetan

This is interesting... Tiffany.com lists starting price $1520 WF''s setting only price tag reads $1450.
TheTiffany rings starting price applies to a 30 point I VS2 diamond. So that version is less expensive at Tiffany allright.
9.gif

But Tiffany does not sell empty settings. At other jewelers, the cost of the separate setting stays the same for larger stones. While the brand premium as a % of the diamond''s cost (probably double, really) keeps creeping.

I think these are supposed to be relative bargains at about 1 carat. What does Tiffany charge for that ?

quakernation

Rough_Rock
I''ve been lurking here for months...finally I type...

Does anyone know the price of the tiffany etoile at say .75 carat I VS2?

The half bezel is definitely expensive in platinum, and I''m deciding if it is worth going tiffany or spending the $1450 for the setting alone.

I realize the cut is the most important C, but I don''t know if my future fiance sees it quite the same...and if I could get the blue box for a minor mark up, it may be worth it....

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Pls dont go for the Tiffany name/ box, I can buy you many original boxes off ebay
11.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I have the White Flash ring you are talking about. It''s not some cheaply crafted knock off sitting around on a shelf waiting to be ordered. Each ring is made to order, custom for the size of the recipient and the diamond. Each bezel is hand crafted for the specific stone being mounted in the ring. It''s not only platinum, it''s hefty. This ring feels rich and lush on the finger. Extremely comfortable to wear.
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Quality costs whether its from tiffany or whiteflash or anyone else.
Its true that there is usually a hefty markup on most setting especially if its a designer name setting but a quality setting from anyone isnt cheap.
From what Iv seen whiteflash has a top notch custom shop and you get good value for your money compared to the competition.
Could you get the same quality cheaper? maybe, but you could also pay a lot more for less quality .

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2005 12:36:57 PM
Author: albetan
The pricing Tiffany quoted me for a Plat Etoile with the smallest stone start from SGD$2000 plus,

Assuming she mean SGD$2999, that abt US$1800.

That means with this price, i get a real Tiffany setting plus a small stone plus the blue box.

Or there''s other consideration i''m not aware of ?

What size stone did you plan on putting in there? If you get a setting designed for a small stone, you''re not gonna be able to put a monster in there.

idealist

Rough_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results