shape
carat
color
clarity

Going insane!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to vent that I am officially going insane! My boyfriend and I have been seriously talking about getting engaged for the last few months. I know he has been working super hard to save up money (we are both students) and design a custom made ring. He says he wants it to be special and unique. He told me he has decided on the design but has to research and compare prices of local places to get it made. So I know the ring situation is rolling (slowly but surely) but I can''t help but get anxious! I was looking at rings on ebay and thinking about what a great deal they were and how we could just a second-hand certified ring. What is wrong with me?! I have a loving guy who wants to do something really special but part of me just wants any ring..right now! I am crazy. I think my boyfriend feels pressured when I''m always looking on PS and showing him all the pictures of rings but I can''t help it - I''m addicted!

Please tell me there is someone else out there who feels the same way I do
7.gif
(Anxious but also super guilty)

32.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Snow- Right there with you honey, and this is my second time around (I''m divorced, 36 years old)!

My poor BF is a returning student, currently unemployed and now that we have stone (inherited from a dear relative) I am obsessed with the ring. I''m on ps way too often and when I get home from work I go crazy searching online for settings. He''s taking it all very well but I know it borders on fanatical!!!! I''ve even decided to start the savings process myself because damn-it, I WANT MY RING!!!!

Please know that you are not alone, I think all these beautiful stones/rings are wonderful to look at but sometimes make me really anxious that things aren''t happening fast enough for me. I''m going to concentrate on my own self-improvement plan w/exercise and weight loss, start taking a class in stained glass and hopefully limit my online time so I don''t lose my mind.

Good luck and try to keep your patience, as impossible as it seems!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Snow,

You do sound anxious! It sounds as though your boyfriend wants to take the time to get something special. It will be worth the wait. There was a girl on pricescope who went with her boyfriend to get a ring before he was deployed. For some reason his credit wasn''t approved so she couldn''t get the ring and was really, really disappointed. A few months later she got this gorgeous, gorgeous tacori ring online and she says she was sooooo happy that the credit thing hadn''t worked out, because she was thrilled with the ring she got. Your on your way, he''s saving up, don''t cave for an ebay ring. You''ll love the one you get.
35.gif

esperanza

Rough_Rock
It is very normal to feel anxious about this particular topic. I not too terribly long ago posted on this site what now? And it sounds like you are feeling pretty close to the same thing I was. And the wait is soooooo worth it, to let him surprise you in the beautiful way that he comes up with. Good luck on your wait.
21.gif
And just remember he wants to marry you and that is the most important thing.

Esperanza

ky6

Shiny_Rock
Snow, I so feel your pain. It will drive you crazy if you let it. Remember that he is taking the initiative to make this happen. He is being proactive and it sounds like he wants this to be just right for you. It is hard, but try to be patient.

Croí

Shiny_Rock
Snow !

I soooo understand where you are at. I got my proposal but no ring yet !! I am very happy and everything but there are moments when I would eat my way through concrete for a ring ! It''s just such a special and VISIBLE sign of your engagement, of your intentions.

It''s hard not to just want it right now but I do think the girls are right. When you (and I!) finally get our rings, we''ll be soooo pleased we waited and let our men do what they wanted to do in their own way and on their own time. I feel I ''took over'' a lot of things with regard to our engagement and wedding (it''s just pure joy and excitement, I can''t help myself. I just had it all in my head and went for it - he finds it amusing !) so I do want to let him do this part for himself. I''m actually really excited about it but trying to keep busy with other things.

I found that was the KEY when I was waiting for the proposal - I just had to consciously think of other things when it - yet again - took up all of my mind ! It worked, at least to a degree. I think it''s good to try to re-focus elsewhere.

It''s like Watched Pot Syndrome I think - you watch the pot ... it will NEVER boil ........ and as soon as you forget about it, it boils over !

worked for me!
hang in there - you''ll be so happy in the end .......... and another thing. I also made myself realise that once I am asked and once I have my ring, this time of excitement and anticipation and constantly thinking "is he going to do it now ?!" will be over - and you don''t get it back. So I started to enjoy the torture and found myself smiling more rather than being worked up. I''m glad I changed my perspective - it made everything loads more fun.

hope this helps !
*HUGS*
C

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
You guys are the BEST!

Thanks so much for keeping me in line and helping me feel better. I guess I just feel greedy for being so demanding about a ring. My boyfriend finds it all very humorous (rather than annoying, thank goodness).

Yes if I can relax and let him do what he wants to do with the ring then when the time comes I can truly enjoy the moment (and post pictures on PS of course!)

More than anything I am excited about our future together!

30.gif

None of my friends are engaged or even close so having this message board is so great. Thanks again everyone !
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results