shape
carat
color
clarity

Going diamond shopping tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aiyubing

Rough_Rock
Hi guys :)

I am going to look at a couple of diamonds tomorrow at my local jeweler! Out of the bunch, only 1 has an AGS cert with angle information, how does this stone look from the numbers below?

F SI2 (eye-clean)
1.06 ct
59.7 depth
56 table
34.2 crown
40.6 pavilion
0.7 - 1.2%? faceted girdle
spread is approx 6.6mm
HCA score is 0.4 with excellent all around

I''m also going to be looking at a 1.16 H SI1 GIA, and a 1.05 F SI2 GIA for comparison. I am hoping that if this AGS stone has great cut, I can get an idea of how the other 2 compare visually without having the actual numbers. What are some visual cues to look for to see how well the stone is cut? I know in my previous thread someone mentioned observing the stone under sunlight. Any other tips?

Also - does anyone know of a good appraiser located in Austin TX? Preferably someone who can run a sarin report / idealscope image if I decide to pick one of the GIA stones.

Thanks a lot! I am verrrrry excited
30.gif

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
I haven''t seen a stone in person with an HCA that low... I''d be interested in your findings since it has been said that some people will prefer an HCA ~1.0 over a lower number.

I''m mainly bumping this for you... since I''m too much of a newbie to help.

Have fun looking!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results