shape
carat
color
clarity

Going back to work blues

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I have 2 weeks left before returning to work and I can''t shake the sadness. I feel like I''m going to miss out on so many firsts. I''ve been desperately trying to get DD to laugh so that I''m the first to hear it. I stare at her while she''s sleeping (which she is now) just waiting for her to wake up so we can spend more time together. Last night she woke up at 2 to eat and I sat on the glider with her for an hour just giving her kisses while she slept. It feels like I''m abandoning her
7.gif

And the worst part is that I don''t have a 9 to 5 job. So I''ll only really have maybe an hour or two with her before bedtime.

Its so sad. I''m grateful to have a job in this economy but its still so sad

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2009 4:52:10 PM
Author:fiery
I have 2 weeks left before returning to work and I can''t shake the sadness. I feel like I''m going to miss out on so many firsts. I''ve been desperately trying to get DD to laugh so that I''m the first to hear it. I stare at her while she''s sleeping (which she is now) just waiting for her to wake up so we can spend more time together. Last night she woke up at 2 to eat and I sat on the glider with her for an hour just giving her kisses while she slept. It feels like I''m abandoning her
7.gif

And the worst part is that I don''t have a 9 to 5 job. So I''ll only really have maybe an hour or two with her before bedtime.

Its so sad. I''m grateful to have a job in this economy but its still so sad
Awww, I''m sorry. Who will be caring for her while you are at work. Any chance she can go to day care near where you work, so you can visit her during your lunch hour?? Just a thought...

HUGS fiery.
5.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can still remember the first day for me like it happened yesterday for my first DD, my second DD had her big sister, so it wasn't so traumatic. Who will be watching her?
7.gif

ETA: and *Hugs* with routine, it'll get much easier, it'll be tough for about a month I think.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
My MIL will be watching her which is better than daycare I suppose. But she won''t even be 3 months.

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
oh Fiery - you make me want to cry!!!

I too will be returning to work soon enough. But I still have 2 months left w/ my little guy. I''m currently looking into daycares since we have no family close who could help and I cry everytime I go into those places!!! I just don''t want anyone else getting to see him more than me
39.gif
Especially strangers.

I''ve just been trying to tell myself that LOTS and LOTS of women go back to work after baby and for the most part their children thrive. I was a ''daycare'' baby, and I think I turned out just fine
3.gif
But it''s still so hard because I worry he''ll hate me for going back to work (I know that''s not likely, but still). The reality is, is that if we could swing it, I''d stay home in a heartbeat, but it''s not reality for us unfortunately
8.gif

At least you have family to watch Sophia, I mean no one can replace mommy, but grandma is as good as they get as far as babysitters go
9.gif

Hang in there and KNOW that Sophia will be just fine and think of what an awesome roll model you''ll be for her...strong, successful career woman!!!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I went back when my guy was 8.5 weeks old. It was tough, but it was also something I didn''t have a choice in. I actually like having a bit of my own time, and I think it makes me more relaxed and patient with him when he''s cranky/fussy/wakes up several times in the night, since I didn''t spend all day caring for him. I don'' think I''ve really missed any "firsts" yet, and my sitter takes pics of him during the day and emails then to me. It''ll be nice to have family taking care of your LO, none of my family lives near me, so I found a nice SAHM that takes in a few extra kids.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Geez - mom guilt gets ya either way, I guess! I SAH and I worry that I am not setting a good example for my son because of not having a career (at least for now). I would worry about this even more if I had a daughter, or if I do have one someday. So to look on the bright side, you are setting an excellent example for Sophia being a career woman and a mommy!

I really feel for you and I know it's not easy. Any chance of starting back part time to ease in?

I really wish the US gave better maternity leave. I would feel much more comfortable leaving my little guy during the day now, at 6 months, than I would have at 3 months (although I am sure it would still be super hard.)

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I ditto Mgal....when my MIL watched them I felt totally safe and secure that they were being cared for and loved and when I came from work, I found myself to be reenergized and ready to take on the fussiness and night shifts etc...I think some space apart is actually good sometimes. But it does suck that u have a long work day
7.gif
..9-5 would have been good...u would get a few hrs after work...but I know how hard this must be! Huggggs.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results