shape
carat
color
clarity

GOG diamond in Carl Blackburn from Pearlman’s

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

clammer

Shiny_Rock
This was a long time coming. Last December mom and dad decided to upgrade her ring. Mom just wanted big and really didn’t understand how much prettier and sparkly it would be if she got an ideal cut. I told her to look around at some of the big rings she saw and notice how some of them were huge but not pretty, and other ones were smaller but sparkled like crazy. She was sold and the search was on.

I called GOG and talked to Charlie. He recommended that I consider a 1.76ct F I2 Solasfera. It was within the budget, but seriously an I2. He told me that it was one of the best ones he had ever seen. He was right it is gorgeous. Although it was obvious with a loop, I had to search for the inclusion without it. He was overly patient holding the diamond while my mom remained undecided about the setting, and also dealing with me trying to accomplish this from China.

My mom fell in love with a Carl Blackburn ring from Pearlman’s. I talked to Joseph multiple times and he convinced me that she should do it, so they ordered it. One month went by, then two, then three. At this point my dad and I were both stalking Joseph on a regular basis. Unfortunately, Carl Blackburn’s company was having some problems, and it took much longer than anticipated. Joseph did everything thing he could to right the situation, even offering to cancel the order and start over again. Mom decided at that point another month wasn’t a big deal. Finally, four months later she got the ring. Wow. It’s not exactly what any of us expected. It is very dainty but very detailed. Each time you look at it you notice something new.

When I was home visiting I only got about twenty minutes with the ring and the camera so these shots are definitely not the best, but Pearlman’s put her ring on their site …pretty cool huh…. so you can see it here.

weight 1.76
7.82 x 7.84 x 4.79
depth 61.3
table 54.1
pavilion angle 40.9
crown angle 34.6
girdle thin to medium (faceted)
culet none
polish very good
symmetry very good

cb1.jpg

clammer

Shiny_Rock
profile view

IMG_3671.jpg

clammer

Shiny_Rock
side details

IMG_3681.jpg

clammer

Shiny_Rock
from the top

IMG_3685.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!! Congrats to your Mom Rebot, I remember your story and what a unique diamond it is! Thanks for the pics, it looks superb!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, the detail on the ring is just amazing. and what an awesome find for the diamond, beautiful combo it''s a beautiful ring..

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this ring!!! Congratulations to your mom on such a beautiful piece!

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Wow!! That''s such a unique and gorgeous ring! It was certainly worth the wait!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s a gorgeous diamond! The setting is really nice, I love settings with marquise stones.
5.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Simply amazing--glad your patience paid off! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, how beautiful and unique!

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Its beautiful, unique and so individual - Another to add to my list of favourites. Your mum must be tickled pink....

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I love all of the details of the ring. It's beautiful!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s beautiful! I''m a big fan of Carl Blackburn''s designs.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really neat setting. I''d love to see more photos of the stone itself though. I''ve never seen that cut in person. Congrats to you and your Mom on a purchase well done!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is one of the most beautiful settings I''ve ever seen. It''s truly gorgeous!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/7/2007 3:15:47 PM
Author: kcoursolle
Wow, that is one of the most beautiful settings I''ve ever seen. It''s truly gorgeous!
HI:

Agreed! I am back for another look!! Wish I could see more details of the millgrain etc--any more pic''s????????????????????? Please!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is stunning. I love the milgrain on YG!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
It''s really pretty! It looks oddly familiar. Did you post the setting before?
I believe that Carl Blackburn and Beverley K are the same company. I tried on some Beverley K eternity bands recently and they are just perfection. The milgrain is so well done. I am glad your mom is enjoying her ring!!!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Wow, congrats to you and your mom!
36.gif

That is an incredibly unique ring! I can''t see the I2 either from your pictures. You both must be thrilled! It''s so nice that you could work on it together!
1.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that''s an I2? Does not look like it at all!
Looks like it was worth the wait
36.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous ring and the detailing is amazing! And the diamond is stunning. I can''t believe it''s an I2.

clammer

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the compliments everyone. This ring is definitely unique and fits my mom so well. I’m glad that she didn’t just go out and get any old maul ring which was her original plan.

Stone Hunter – Unfortunately I’m back in China and mom’s in Michigan and I didn’t get any good diamond shots when I was there. About the same time I got an ES from WF and at first I like her stone better. It gives off a lot of smaller sparkles.

Gailrmv – When my mom decided to get it I posted a pic from the Pearlman’s website. Beverly K and Carl Blackburn use to be the same company, but Carl decided he wanted to do a higher end and split off from Beverly K. Just a FYI for everyone, Carl’s brother in Thailand has now taken over the business, which happened in the middle of my mom’s wait.

I can’t believe that it’s an I2 either. I would in a heartbeat have an I2 that looked like this. I will have to try to get my dad to get a close up picture through a loop so everyone can see the inclusion. Most of it is covered by one of the prongs.

IMG_3693.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
That is seriously one of the coolest rings I have ever seen! What a work of art. Thanks for showing off your mom''s new jewels
3.gif

jenna_g

Rough_Rock
That is absolutely gorgeous!
30.gif
I can''t stop opening this thread.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I almost missed this! I am glad I didn''t; it is gorgeous
36.gif
36.gif

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I almost missed this, too! I have been following your story since your mom''s stone search-WOW! What an amazing outcome-the stone and setting are both exquisite.
1.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s absolutely beautiful. The setting is so detailed and gorgeous. WOW! I can''t believe the diamond is an I2, either! I''ll take one of these any day if it looks like your mom''s!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
The stone and setting is simply gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results