shape
carat
color
clarity

Glowing review of GOG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bluesxtreme

Rough_Rock
What can I say, I feel like GOG is my own personal jeweler even though I''m 1000 miles away!

Thanks to Christen and Marie who both helped me tremendously in deciding which diamond and setting to purchase. I have nothing but high expectations for them (i''m waiting for the diamond). Both were very patient with me and the enormous amount of questions I had. They were very flexible and did their best to make my experience a pleasant one.

Also, I was given a lower price quote from the website and they also honored that...though I was honest and told them about the difference!

Overall a solid A+ in service and quality. Anyone buying from here should feel extremely comfortable.

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Hi bluesxtreme,

I totally agree. I just recently purchased diamond studs form them and their friendly and warm service is absolutely exceptional! GOG is definately my #1 choice for diamond purchases.

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
Please sgare what you got...........

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
ABSOLUTELY RESOUNDINGLY AGREE GOG ROCKS! Our asscher is still with Mark Morrell being set but I can''t say enough Jonathan and his fabulous team at GOG!

bluesxtreme

Rough_Rock
I purchased a custom Dvatche setting and a 1.298 H VVS2 diamond.

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!! Can''t wait to see it!!!!!!!

I also have a GOG ring...........Jon, Marie and crew were/are great!!
36.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey guys,

Just wanted to express my heartfelt thanks from all of us here. blues ... Marie thinks you''re a hoot! Send us a pic if you can. We love to put faces to those we communicate with if you can.
emsmile.gif

Warm regards,
Jonathan and the GOG staff

kevinyonker

Rough_Rock
Just like their diamonds, their service and reputation are the creme de la creme.

Kevin

bluesxtreme

Rough_Rock
" blues ... Marie thinks you''re a hoot! "

Darn, I was hoping that was a mispelling and had one less O! I will send pics sometime... gotta get on that testimonial page somehow!
35.gif

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
It has been a loooong time since I posted here on PS, but I just want to chime in and say that Good Old Gold are about as good as they come. I bought my wife''s engagement ring from them and never regretted it.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the post Bluesxtreme. We are looking into diamonds at the moment and would like to buy from GOG.

Marie seems nice and responsive (although I had to send her my initial e-mail twice - but according to the website she only works until 2, so I can imagine she is busy). So far it looks like I will have to get my setting somewhere else, as I have something specific in mind and it is cheaper to buy the "designer" setting than to have GOG make it for me. Understandable. However, if I don''t buy the setting from them, they charge $100 per carat to set the diamond that I would buy from them. Not sure if this is common practice, but I guess I will find out as I keep shopping around.

Jonathan, I have a question for you...do you deal with customers (from pricescope, for example, who aren''t local) directly? I notice you are not listed on your website as a contact? I have read many of your posts over the last couple of years and appreciate the info you give, and the style in which you give it. :)

BTW, congrats on your new website!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Blues ~
emrose.gif

I agree with you ... GOG is so awesome
emthup.gif
!

Jonathan, and all of his wonderful team (Christen, Marie, Chas, Tim, Vicky) raise the high bar with customer service and undeniable fantastic quality!
face23.gif
emlove.gif
face23.gif

Man, I am so jealous of people who live close enough to actually get to go and visit them in person! My hubby thinks it''s probably a good thing that they are clear across the country though (West coasters here) ... I''d be visiting so often, and bringing in my famous homemade brownies
18.gif
(thats what my family says anyways), that he would become a Good Old Gold widow!
emotion-5.gif

Are you going to show us some pic''s of what you got? I bet is sure is pretty!

Have a wonderful weekend, and take care ...
35.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Travelinggal ~
emrose.gif

I think Marie
emthup.gif
is just awesome. I have personally over worked the poor thing
3.gif
! I have asked her so many questions, so many different settings ... how wide is this one, what does this look like from the side, how much ... oh my the list goes on! She is a real trooper
face23.gif
! It may take her a lil' bit to get me all the information that I want ... but she has never forgotten me, and she always emails me with the info I need. She is still checking on different settings for me ... She has helped so much!

I am not Jonathan, however I can tell you that Jonathan did help me sooo much, and I do not live on the East coast. Jonathan (AKA = The other wonderful man in my life) answered all of my questions, even the silly ones with enthusiasim, honesty, kindness. A true gentleman to do business with. By the way, my hubby say's that Jonathan is the only other man that can hold my hands ... and Jonathan did just that thru the diamond searching and discussion process ... my hands were so sweaty ... all in all, I trust Jonathan and his entire team @ GOG to come thru for anyone
emthup.gif
, that is their style to take care of people
face23.gif
, I definately appreciate their concern to make sure an experience with them is excellent. They are part of the most memorable memories and moments in our lives ... I definately trust them and recommend them.

If you click on the link under "Rhino's" post, you can email him. Just address it in his name, it will get to him.

Have a great day Travelinggal ... and best wishes and luck on your search for a pretty sparklie!
Take care,
35.gif

ETA: I personally think $100 per carat is a resonable setting fee, especially since you are not buying both the diamond and setting thru them. I personally wouldn't have a problem with it.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mrs. Darlin Joy for taking the time to let me know about your experience! It sounds like they are a great company to work with and I look forward to seeing how this diamond search goes. I knew Jonathan had worked with people here directly in the past, but I wondered if now he was so busy with his other projects (website, writing tutorials, etc) that he didn''t deal with too many customers directly.

I''ll keep you posted on the search, and thanks for your best wishes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results