shape
carat
color
clarity

Glenn Beck to move to fox news

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Link

I don't know how I feel about this.

On the one hand, I understand his wanting an opportunity to grow and expand and the difficulties of bringing his own audience to Headline News.

On the other hand, now I'm afraid he's losing an audience by leaving Headline. I would assume that at least some moderates tuned into his shows on Headline, and I don't think they'll follow him to fox. Also, it says in the article that his ratings had gone up by 200% and that Headline tried to keep him. This guy claims that his ratings were in the dumps.
33.gif

Like he says, I guess it's a better fit for him at Fox! But I think what most people liked about him was that he was NOT on Fox.
15.gif

Obviously, I hope he does well! He's my fav.
9.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I have the same concerns Lucky, I hope people don''t try to discredit him, etc., now that he''s going over to Fox. Oh well, I wish him the best though!
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow. That puts an abrupt end to FF's viewership. He'd rather pull out his toenails than watch Fox News...And he used to watch Glenn all of the time.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 12:36:50 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Wow. That puts an abrupt end to FF''s viewership. He''d rather pull out his toenails than watch Fox News...And he used to watch Glenn all of the time.
Yeah, that''s what I was afraid of.

It''s sad because I find his personal story fascinating and I feel like he speaks a language everyone understands.

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 12:22:12 AM
Author:luckystar112
Link

I don't know how I feel about this.

On the one hand, I understand his wanting an opportunity to grow and expand and the difficulties of bringing his own audience to Headline News.

On the other hand, now I'm afraid he's losing an audience by leaving Headline. I would assume that at least some moderates tuned into his shows on Headline, and I don't think they'll follow him to fox. Also, it says in the article that his ratings had gone up by 200% and that Headline tried to keep him. This guy claims that his ratings were in the dumps.
33.gif

Like he says, I guess it's a better fit for him at Fox! But I think what most people liked about him was that he was NOT on Fox.
15.gif

Obviously, I hope he does well! He's my fav.
9.gif

Well - Glenn Beck is a great fit for FOX. I wished Nancy Grace went to FOX as well. Kind of sad that people's perception of him could change because of the switch, because there is no good reason for that at all. It's not like people will all of a sudden realize that he is a conservative commentator!?!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
isn't he the guy who kept calling obama a fascist? yeah.....not sorry to see him go. he'll fit right in on fox!

ETA: he is! FMIL watches fox religiously and when it was 'suggested' that she watch other news sources she said does.....she watches glenn beck. i guess it's one stop shopping for her from now on
3.gif

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, but I can't stand Glen Beck. I think he's an awful interviewer. Really, I have been shocked watching interviews where he puts down the celebrity or guest and asks the most inane questions. I saw his show where he interviewed Michael Bouble and Beck was just down right rude to him and Bouble took in in stride and was very nice to Beck. So I won't miss Beck on CNN.

starsapphire

Shiny_Rock
It will probably be a much better fit for him. He probably felt like an outcast at CNN.

starsapphire

Shiny_Rock
Actually, Glenn Beck on CNN is like if Keith Olberman went to FOX.........
32.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 10:03:52 AM
Author: starsapphire
Actually, Glenn Beck on CNN is like if Keith Olberman went to FOX.........
32.gif

Please don''t say that..I''m going to have nightmares now!!
6.gif
23.gif
32.gif
Hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results