shape
carat
color
clarity

Glasgow attack!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Unbelievable!! To think that we read the news every day about the terrorist attempts on other cities in the world and today my own city was attacked. 2 men drove a jeep into the terminal building at Glasgow airport where it exploded. Both men got out, one pulled a canister of petrol out of the back and poured it over himself and the car and caught fire. When bystanders and the police tried to pull them away from the blazing vehicle they started throwing punches and attacking people.

I live across the river from the airport and its frightening to think what could have happened if they had succeeded in getting the car into the building. I''m supposed to be dropping my uncle off at the airport tomorrow, at the very spot where the attack took place and I''m flying out from there in 4 weeks. We''ve had a rude awakening in Scotland today, we are not immune.

Sad times. Thank god no-one else was hurt.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Scary indeed. My daughter is flying to London tonight, and I am very nervous for her. She''s studying in London for the next 3 1/2 weeks. When I heard about the Glasgow attack this morning, I was just sick.
15.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, thank goodness nobody else was hurt. That must be a terrible feeling having something like that happen so close to you. I remember when the pentagon was attacked I was at school close to DC. I was just shocked and stunned. More angry than scared, but still very scared at the same time. The world keeps getting scarier by the minute and when stuff like this happens it is hard not to think about it. These are sad times indeed.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
that sux :{
Wonder if it was IRA or Muslims.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
It''s not the IRA. The IRA don''t exist anymore and never have or would ever have attacked Scotland. This is mainly due to the sectarian divide that exists in Scotland and the closeness that we have with our neighbouring Ireland.

Initial reports from eye witnesses, nothing confirmed by the police, say that they were of Asian appearance and allegedly shouted Allah when engulfed by flames. We will not know for sure whether they were part of a bigger cell or Glaswegian Asians on a lone mission, for a few days. There''s going to be a lot of tension in the city now which is not good.

I''m just watching the news and scanning the reports online cos we don''t know if anything else is going to happen, if this is just the tip of the iceberg in the UK, particularly in light of the discovered car bombs in London.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
The London car bombs is why I was wondering if the IRA was back but they seem to amateurish to be IRA and your right not in Scotland...
That''s what uncontrolled immigration and a welfare state gets ya.
A whole lot of bad people getting let in.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s just such a shame
38.gif
these are frightening times we live in. Thank goodness no one else was injured.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
You''re right, it is frightening. What''s even worse is that they discovered a suicide belt on one of the suspects and had to evacuate the hospital they had taken him to. Also, they are now linking this event to the 2 car bombs in London which could suggest a terrorist cell is working and based in Glasgow. Of all the cities in the world, its hard to believe a wee place like this is on the front pages of the newspapers for a terrorist attack. Makes you wonder what''s next.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results