shape
carat
color
clarity

Give me your opinions...husbands 30th...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Mark turns 30 year, and I wanted to host incredible birthday party for him--something he will remember forever. He''s a wonderful guy, and he deserves this and more, but this what I can afford.

I''ve spent the last year planning it, and he doesn''t know anything about it. He does know that we''re taking a trip from Aug 11-18 to Las Vegas...but he has no idea this is for his birthday. Very top secret. So, I''m looking for honest feedback, Vegas savvy people please feel free to add other ideas/suggestions...basically, I want to bounce this off all of you since PS has a lot of creative, well traveled people!

1. I am flying all of Mark''s friends and their wives/girlfriends to Vegas from August 12-17. There will be 14 people total, including DH and myself.
2. I am putting everyone up at The Flamingo Hotel (I got all the rooms for free due to my insane amount of player comps from our last trip--I''m a bit of a higher roller). I did, however, upgrade the rooms to the GO room for a small fee per room per night.
3. I am hosting his birthday dinner at Dinner In The Sky--I''ve previously posted about this.
4. I am sending all the guys are going to do the Richard Petty Driving Experience, where they will get to tour the shops and drive around the track and I''m having novelity photos and plaques made for each guy. I am treating the women to a massage or facial (their choice) during this time, and we''re going shopping.
5. I''m giving my DH a cheque for X amount towards/for the purchase of a classic car. Intially I wanted this to be a surpise and just have the car...but it''s to much for me to make a decision--I just don''t know enough.
6. I have arranged for "welcome baskets" to be in each room of our guests...they will have a few gift certificates, a couple "Las Vegas" things, etc...
7. We have a few group outtings planned to Siegfried and Roy''s Secret Garden, the rides at Statosphere, Mandalay Bay''s Ice Bar, a burlesque show and a night in Old Vegas too.
8. I have paid for a day at the Golden Nuggets pool for everyone, where you swim with sharks that are housed behind plexi glass. They have couple of water slides and other cheeky stuff.

So...that''s it. I haven''t booked any shows, planned any "nights out" or anything like that because I don''t want to overbook anyones time...I want people to feel free to break off, gamble, shop, sight see at their own leisure. I have them arriving a day late and leaving early because I know that I''m going to want some alone time with Mark.

TIA!!!
35.gif

If there is anything you can think of that I might be forgetting, please let me know.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Just one thing... if you ever divorce Mark, you should marry me!!!!

9.gif

I swear I''m not too bad on the eyes!!!
12.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Haha...done and done.
31.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Italia, this trip sounds amazing! My guess is that Mark is going to be floored and touched and overwhelmed that you orchestrated this entire thing. WOW! I am so impressed with your plans. I bet the car alone would be enough, but to bring all his friends out to Vegas--that is going to be so much fun.

My DH is turning 40 in April and all I''m planning is to throw a surprise party for him at a Chicago hotel.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Wow... Joey turns 30 in January, and I was planning on taking him to Vegas too - but only for four days, and I''m definitely not paying for any of his friends to come with!!

I think your idea is AMAZING and I"m sort of jealous ;-) He''s going to LOVE IT! I can''t imagine a better gift, seriously. It''s one I''ll never be able to afford, so it seems like sort of a dream come true to me. :)

What I''m doing differently - he doesn''t have ANY IDEA that I''m planning this... I''m going to request time off with his boss, but I''m going to ask his boss to give him a couple days off that WON''T be on the schedule. I don''t know if this will work, but I''m going to do my darndest. I plan on waking him up at the buttcrack of dawn on his birthday and when he asks me what the hell I''m doing I''m just going to say "You don''t want to miss our flight to Vegas, do you??!"

...We''ll see how well this works.

Along with the advice people are giving you... I''ve never been to Vegas but Joey has and loves it... he was much younger when he went with his friends and they stayed at the Motel 6! For a birthday getaway with a new spouse, any ideas on where we should stay?!? Hard Rock, Bellagio, Nugget...? I have no clue!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, this really sounds wonderful, all the thought and planning you have put into this birthday!! I am sure he will be thrilled!!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 10:05:25 PM
Author: Haven
Italia, this trip sounds amazing! My guess is that Mark is going to be floored and touched and overwhelmed that you orchestrated this entire thing. WOW! I am so impressed with your plans. I bet the car alone would be enough, but to bring all his friends out to Vegas--that is going to be so much fun.

My DH is turning 40 in April and all I''m planning is to throw a surprise party for him at a Chicago hotel.
It''s fun planning right?! This started small, and it grew and grew and grew. Just wait and see...you''ll be like "how did this happen?!" right before his party!

I hope Mark will enjoy this...it''s all for him. He means the world to me...and he doesn''t ask for much. I want the car to be like cherry on top...but it''s got to be like this build up. My goal, for him, is to look back on this and realize how much he means to so many people.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 10:01:47 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
Haha...done and done.
31.gif

2.gif
Bet!

On a serious note, Italia, your plans sound absolutely amazing! I can''t imagine how blown away your hubby is going to be, but I hope everything goes exactly as planned!!! He is incredibley lucky to have you... and I hope he tells you that every day!

36.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 10:10:51 PM

It''s fun planning right?! This started small, and it grew and grew and grew. Just wait and see...you''ll be like ''how did this happen?!'' right before his party!

I hope Mark will enjoy this...it''s all for him. He means the world to me...and he doesn''t ask for much. I want the car to be like cherry on top...but it''s got to be like this build up. My goal, for him, is to look back on this and realize how much he means to so many people.

That is so sweet, Italia.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 10:09:14 PM
Author: KatyWI
Wow... Joey turns 30 in January, and I was planning on taking him to Vegas too - but only for four days, and I''m definitely not paying for any of his friends to come with!!

I think your idea is AMAZING and I''m sort of jealous ;-) He''s going to LOVE IT! I can''t imagine a better gift, seriously. It''s one I''ll never be able to afford, so it seems like sort of a dream come true to me. :)

What I''m doing differently - he doesn''t have ANY IDEA that I''m planning this... I''m going to request time off with his boss, but I''m going to ask his boss to give him a couple days off that WON''T be on the schedule. I don''t know if this will work, but I''m going to do my darndest. I plan on waking him up at the buttcrack of dawn on his birthday and when he asks me what the hell I''m doing I''m just going to say ''You don''t want to miss our flight to Vegas, do you??!''

...We''ll see how well this works.

Along with the advice people are giving you... I''ve never been to Vegas but Joey has and loves it... he was much younger when he went with his friends and they stayed at the Motel 6! For a birthday getaway with a new spouse, any ideas on where we should stay?!? Hard Rock, Bellagio, Nugget...? I have no clue!
OMG, how amazing! I would have loved to pull the wool over his eyes...but with his job, there is no way I can request his time off--his schedule is so busy, and frankly...I don''t really even understand it!

I think the hotel depends on how much you want to spend, how much time in the room you''ll have, and where you want to stay.

The Gold Nugget is very cool since it''s remodel...the pool is crazy awesome. But it''s off the strip in Old Vegas, so there is much less to do unless you take cabs ($$$) or the The Duece back and forth--which takes a lot of time.

Bellagio...one of the nicest hotels in Vegas. Pricey.

I prefer more casual, centrally located hotels...

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
You just may be the best wife that anyone ever had!
1.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 10:09:40 PM
Author: hlmr
Gosh, this really sounds wonderful, all the thought and planning you have put into this birthday!! I am sure he will be thrilled!!
Here''s to hoping!!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 10:16:57 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
You just may be the best wife that anyone ever had!
1.gif
Haha, doubtful. But wouldn''t that be nice...ahhhh

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 10:12:02 PM
Author: trillionaire

Date: 7/6/2009 10:01:47 PM
Haha...done and done.
31.gif

2.gif
Bet!

On a serious note, Italia, your plans sound absolutely amazing! I can''t imagine how blown away your hubby is going to be, but I hope everything goes exactly as planned!!! He is incredibley lucky to have you... and I hope he tells you that every day!

36.gif
He''s very good to me...and our relationship is very "give and take".

I hope it goes off without a hitch...and I will share lots & lots of photos!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 10:13:00 PM

Date: 7/6/2009 10:10:51 PM

It''s fun planning right?! This started small, and it grew and grew and grew. Just wait and see...you''ll be like ''how did this happen?!'' right before his party!

That is so sweet, Italia.
Thank you!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow-nothing to add to your plans-sounds to me like you''ve thought of everything! What a great birthday surprise!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! What an incredible itinerary. Mark is one lucky dude!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock

Date: 7/6/2009 10:27:24 PM
Author: packrat
Wow-nothing to add to your plans-sounds to me like you''ve thought of everything! What a great birthday surprise!
Thank you!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Italia, what a wonderful wife you are. Your husband is going to have a fabulous time. Can we all come too? Ha ha.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 10:53:18 PM
Author: misskitty
Wow! What an incredible itinerary. Mark is one lucky dude!
He is lucky, huh! We should have a lot of fun. I hope his friends have a good time too, and that I haven''t scheduled to much of their time...I want them to feel like they''ve had a "vacation" too, since everyone has taken time off work, planned and is spending some (limited) amounts of their own money.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 11:15:05 PM
Author: Linda W
Italia, what a wonderful wife you are. Your husband is going to have a fabulous time. Can we all come too? Ha ha.
I''d invite everyone! I sent out maybe 20 invites...but with the time away from home, personal expense to them, and what not I ended up with a respectable 7 accepts plus each of their guest!

I feel like I''m planning a wedding! Hahah

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds amazing!!!

I can''t wait to hear about his reaction.. he is going to be floored!!!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 1:39:24 AM
Author: Dannielle
That sounds amazing!!!

I have this reoccuring nightmare where he freaks out about how much money I''ve spent. I doubt this will be his real reaction...but I guess I will have to wait to see on this one....

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Italia! You're totally giving him the "Price is Right, Showcase Showdown!"

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
That. Sounds. AWESOME.

Can I come???
31.gif

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds absolutely amazing! I can''t think of much that would make it more perfect. What a generous wife you are.

Just a suggestion with the car cheque - could you include a few brochures of classic cars along with it, so he has something to immediately look through? Just to make it more "real" and more like a gift, rather than just a cheque.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
you say THAT''S IT...WOW you are AMAZING...what a surprise! He will DEFINITELY remember this bday! Seriously this has to be one of the best bday surprises I''ve ever heard of!

My hat is off to you for planning a kick ass bday surprise!
36.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Wow. That is incredible.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 2:10:02 AM

Date: 7/7/2009 1:39:24 AM
Author: Dannielle
That sounds amazing!!!

I have this reoccuring nightmare where he freaks out about how much money I''ve spent. I doubt this will be his real reaction...but I guess I will have to wait to see on this one....
generous, loving gesture but i would be concerned about this and whether he was up for all the company and activities. that is just me and mine, you know your guy. i hope it is a great time for all!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/6/2009 9:55:59 PM
Author: trillionaire
Just one thing... if you ever divorce Mark, you should marry me!!!!

9.gif

I swear I''m not too bad on the eyes!!!
12.gif
trill...get out of my way!!
bumpsie.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results