shape
carat
color
clarity

Girls weekend...any suggestions!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!!!
35.gif
35.gif

I figured I would post here even though it is sort of wedding related!. My girls and I want to take a weekend trip (instead of having a bachelorette party).

Do you guys have any suggestions?. It will most likely be in October and definitely on the East Coast. We want something relaxing, a spa, a cute-nice little town, maybe with some hiking, or a nice place to ride bikes, have picnics, etc.

It also has to be close enough to a major airport since most of us are travelling from Florida, New York and some from overseas...

I know some of you have gone to some great places...any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!!!!
9.gif

M~

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
St. Michaels Maryland may be worthwhile. It''s pretty sleepy, but there are great places to eat and at least one spa. It''s about 1.5-2 hour drive from BWI. There are gobs of places in Maine that would fit your bill, but it is pretty chilly in Maine in October!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Newport RI would be a great location. It''s quaint but upscale with a hoppin nightlife and there''s an airport nearby (TF Green in Providence).

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
hmm..definitely not somwehere cold, but that sounds lovely too!!!.

One of the girls organizing it is actually from Newport so I think she would stay away from that, but I''ll bring it up anyway
9.gif

Keep the suggestions coming!. How about Georgia? or North Carolina? Virginia? hmmm...

ohh...this is so exciting!
10.gif

M~

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Mandarine, I''m not sure how far you want to travel, but my first thought was to suggest coming to New England. There''s the Cape (Cape Cod), Nantucket, or Martha''s Vineyard (an island off of the Cape) -- all in Massachusetts. Wait, don''t you or your FI have family in MA? Maybe you''re familiar with these places already. They''re all pretty touristy (but still fun) in the summer but things quiet down in the fall. Hmm, I just remembered you need it to be near a major airport. I''m not sure these qualify. I think they''re a couple hours'' ride from Logan Airport in Boston. There''s always Boston, too. It''s not quite a small town but so many of its neighborhoods are really great and kind have that small town feel.

What about Maine? You could fly into the Portland Airport and then drive along the coast. There are so many places to suggest, and although I''ve never been, Bar Harbor is supposed to be great.

I''ve heard that Charlotte (NC or SC??) is a really nice town, although I''ve never been there. I''d love to go someday!

I''ll keep thinking.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
St. Michael''s would definitely be beautiful, and the weather mild in October. There is a nice spa at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort which isn''t too far from St. Michael''s. I haven''t personally been to that spa, but I have heard nothing but rave reviews from those that have.

peachster

Rough_Rock
I love Eastham or Chatham in Cape Cod, Massachusetts. West Hartford, CT is nice, as is Greenwich, CT. Last, Middlebury, VT or Stowe, VT are lovely too.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Asheville is AMAZING! Really cute, the weather is beautiful in October, and everybody is really friendly.

You also might want to think about Charleston, SC. It''s a beautiful southern city with gorgeous homes, great hotels and spas, and great shopping. :)

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!!!!!!!!

All excellent suggestions, as always!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Right now we''re leaning towards Asheville or Charleston. I''m still doing some research and more suggestions are welcome!. I''d love to go somewhere with beautiful Fall foliage!!!...we don''t really get that in FL and I love the fall colors!!!.

Thanks again!
36.gif

M~

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oops, I meant to suggest Charleston when I typed Charlotte. I''ve never been to Charlotte -- who knows, it could be lovely.
9.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2007 9:25:30 PM
Author: zoebartlett
Oops, I meant to suggest Charleston when I typed Charlotte. I''ve never been to Charlotte -- who knows, it could be lovely.
9.gif

hahaha Zoe, you''re too funny!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
check out the greenbrier resort in white sulphur springs wv.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2007 3:21:19 PM
Author: crown1
check out the greenbrier resort in white sulphur springs wv.
I second this.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Charleston is soooo charming, and has delish cuisine (a must for me when I travel). Went for a biz conference, and we all stayed at the Wentworth Mansion. It''s easily in my top-5 list of hotels I''ve stayed at.
I also found Savannah to be just as great.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results