shape
carat
color
clarity

girlfriends mom lives across the country - ok to ask permission by phone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

azbuyer

Shiny_Rock
i have struggled with this for some time since i always imagined doing this in person. but there are no trips planned in the near future and i dont think i could easily sneak 3000 miles away for a few days without my girlfriends knowledge.

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
I think the phone is perfectly acceptable.

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
I had been worried about this too. My gf''s family lives 2500 miles away and I didn''t really want to ask by phone, but it just so happens that one of her friends is getting married her hometown and I''ll be able to see her family, so I will ask then. This wedding just sort of popped up out of nowhere. The same might happen for you. If you can wait until you see them in person and its really important to you, then I would wait. But if you can''t wait and want to propose right now, then yes, the phone is fine. They will completely understand why you couldn''t do it in person.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results