shape
carat
color
clarity

Gift suggestions for newborn

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smo

Shiny_Rock

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine just had her second baby and I really want to get her a useful gift. Whilst I love tiny newborn clothes, I don''t think this is very practical for her given she already has a son and will have plenty of newborn clothing. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I asked this same question in the newborn mommies thread a while ago and they suggested the Homedics Soundspa Lullaby. So, I bought one from Bed Bath & Beyond and gave it to my friends, and they LOVE it. It has a picture projection feature, and they say that it is one of the best things they have for the baby.

It was super affordable, too, especially when you use a 20% off coupon for BB&B.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2010 6:52:53 PM
Author: Haven
I asked this same question in the newborn mommies thread a while ago and they suggested the Homedics Soundspa Lullaby. So, I bought one from Bed Bath & Beyond and gave it to my friends, and they LOVE it. It has a picture projection feature, and they say that it is one of the best things they have for the baby.

It was super affordable, too, especially when you use a 20% off coupon for BB&B.
Ditto this!

And diapers! I know it''s not a very "sexy" gift but you go through so many diapers that it''s nice when you get a free box
3.gif
. If you do throw in some diapers, I would do size 1 or 2 (Pampers Swaddlers since most mom really love these).

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Burts Bees Baby stuff is lovely!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2010 6:59:20 PM
Author: fiery

Ditto this!

And diapers! I know it''s not a very ''sexy'' gift but you go through so many diapers that it''s nice when you get a free box
3.gif
. If you do throw in some diapers, I would do size 1 or 2 (Pampers Swaddlers since most mom really love these).

Agreed. And gift cards to Babies R Us, Target, or to a restaurant nearby that delivers!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I''m also a fan of the lullabye machine and gift cards. You could also throw in some batteries. Another favorite - muslin blankets by Aden and Anais.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2010 7:22:13 PM
Author: neatfreak
Date: 1/11/2010 6:59:20 PM

Author: fiery

Ditto this!

And diapers! I know it''s not a very ''sexy'' gift but you go through so many diapers that it''s nice when you get a free box
3.gif

Agreed. And gift cards to Babies R Us, Target, or to a restaurant nearby that delivers!

Gonna have baby #2 in 3 weeks, and these are the things I want - diapers or gift cards.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I''m giving my friends these burp cloths from etsy (I LOVED them, and still use them)

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=38323873

I also am making them a white noise CD (I bought for myself...but why not share it) and RAFFI CDs. :)

These are things I love and find VERY useful.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
The only thing that I''d add is something along the lines of a Moby Wrap, if she doesn''t already have one. I found it really helpful to be able to carry one baby hands-free, and imagine that it would be doubly useful if she''s trying to take care of both a baby and another child.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
diapers, soap, lotion, pacis, diaper cream, something with the new baby''s name on it (blanket maybe), something for the mom. She might have a registry.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results