shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Just out of curiousity, I''ve heard conflicting information. Do all GIA stones have the number laser inscribed? Some places I read online would answer this question as "YES!" Others I''ve read say "NOT ALWAYS." What is the true answer to this? Does anyone know??

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Laser inscribing by GIA is included in their Dossier Report ( which lack a plot). This is for diamonds under 1 carat.

The full report doesn''t include the laser inscription, unless it is ordered at the time of grading (at extra cost) by the person submitting the stone for grading.

GIA will inscribe diamonds after they are graded, but they charge the inscription fee, and a partial grading fee to re-identify the diamond if the GIA report number is to be inscribed on it.

Rockdoc

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the clarification!! i have a GIA stone, but it wasn''t inscribed and wanted to make sure there wasn''t a swap of stones (although the jeweler showed me the inclusions which matched the cert)...I understand the benefits of the inscription, but the stone is mounted now and I don''t want to unmount it just to inscribe it....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results