shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA Report Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mike999999

Rough_Rock
Here is GIA report. Can someone point out major concerns with this rock? Also an estimated price based on GIA report.
All the help is appreciated. Thanks, Mike
null

Attachments

• Doc1.pdf
    85.3 KB · Views: 39

Mike999999

Rough_Rock
Here is GIA report. Can someone point out major concerns with this rock? Also an estimated price based on GIA report.
All the help is appreciated. Thanks, Mike

Attached report....

null

Doc1.jpg

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Dear Mike...

This is a stone that you probably can see visible inclusions. How well it returns light can only be ascertained by seeing it, particularly since its a fancy cut shape.

GIA only reports on table size and total depth, which is by far not enough for anyone to make any thing other than a guess.

Regardless of how much you pay for the stone, it''s your money - so have someone who is independent ( doesn''t buy or sell jewelry ) who is an expert examine it. Yes, it will cost you to have this done right, but the person can enlighten you so you can make a prudent and informed purchasing decision.

Rockdoc

Mike999999

Rough_Rock
Thanks Rockdoc!!! I will take your advice! Do you think that the inclusions will be significant to the naked eye? The asking price is $3800, so I am not sure if it is good deal.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, there is nothing "wrong". There seem to be a bunch of inclusions amassed towards one of the corners (top left, on the bottom up clarity plot). I guess that requires inspection to determine if there might be any issues during setting. Otherwise ? Why not.

There is no telling from the cert if this is brilliant, or if the inclusions show much at all. on the face up plot there are only feathers mentioned... which are usually colorless and not too conspicuous. However, no idea what the stone looks like in person, of course.

A 1.5 carat about 65% deep would be as big as this stone, if you can find one that is.

On a quick search, 1k more buys I/SI1...(link) 1.57 cts but with the same size (approx. 6.6mm square) as the one you posted.
The medium fluorescence would be a plus for I color. I bet there is some better find out there - hard to tell without at least seeing a copy of the report for inclusions
8.gif

Mike999999

Rough_Rock

Ana,

Thank you very much for your opinion. I am very concern that the inclusions can be visible to the naked eye every easily, since this stone is I1 clarity. I can't afford to buy anything better, so I have a big dilemma if this stone is worth the $3800.

What does it means if the rock is a brilliant?

Thanks again for your time!!!!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It can always be smaller and cleaner for the money. I1 would not be completely, no excuse, eye clean most of the time, but this doesn''t mean that you will definitely find those inclusions impossible to live with. Always worth a look.

Now, it''s quite a good question "what does brilliance mean".
2.gif

Let''s put it this way
34.gif
Uncut diamonds are extremely transparent - no sparkle, no anything - just like water. The glitter of diamonds, brightness, however you want to call what diamonds look like in jewelry - comes from the way they are cut. Much like the glass of loups and spectacles has weird optical properties just because the shape of the lens. "Brilliance" summs up in one word the look, or the optical effects each diamond has.

Most of Pricescope''s talk is about diamond cut and cut quality, actually. You''d find enough detail to write a book!

And yours is not the only I1 diamond around here - there''s been a couple of rounds.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't show you what that particular diamond looks like, but some examples of I1 clarity properly photographed are out there:

Here's one. Impressive as that looks under magnification, I would not call this "bad" - the flaw is much smaller on a 5mm diamond than on this poster. And... there will be a prong on top where it stands.

JUB95II1-1.jpg

And there is another down this link

And probably even more on the respective site under their 4C tutorial on "Clarity".

Hope this helps.

Mike999999

Rough_Rock
Ana,

Thanks for all the help!!!!!!!! This helps alot!!!!! Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey joey

Rough_Rock
MY PERSONAL OPINION, WHY DO YOU WANT TO GET A DIAMOND THAT YOU CAN SEE INCLUSIONS WITH THE NAKED EYE?. GET A STONE AT LEAST 1.30CTS WITH A BETTER CLARITY, GET WHAT IS BEST FOR YOUR MONEY''S WORTH. SIZE IS NOT THAT IMPORTANT GOOD LUCK

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
No offense, Hey Joey, but inclusions are not as bothersome to some people, and sometimes size IS a big issue. Siize is important to me, and I woud not necessarily turn down an I1 stone on that fact alone. In the end, Mike99999 may end up with an SI1/SI2 that is more suitable, but it is a compromise if size is most important to him. In the meantime, please turn off your caps lock since it feels like you are yelling.
5.gif
Just my 2 cents.

TMS

Rough_Rock
I would def look for something a little smaller with better clarity. I'm pretty sure that most ladies would rather have a smaller (>1ct) stone that is a shocker rather than a BIG ugly diamond that is dead looking. What ring size is your lady? My fiance wears a 6 and I got her radiant that is just over a CT and it looks big on her hand and is so white and icy looking

EdSkinner

Shiny_Rock
The prices you are being asked for the stone is well within what you can expect from an internet purchase.

HollyGo-Lightly

Rough_Rock
Actually, my friend has a 1.02 ct D, VVS1 and she wants a bigger stone. She has been looking at I1''s and J''s to maximize on their budget. She also has a pretty well cut round, and she is going for a princess now, to maximize of her size (as fancies are less expensive)... Frankly, size IS important to some, and quality and cut are not always priorities...

To me a I like a nice balance, and most people here would probably agree... I is a color that is totally OK in rounds, but in a princess, you mightl see the slight yellowness... or at least I can...

Just conisder getting a better clarity and SI2 and maybe a smaller stone...? I think princess stones are too difficult to find in a good cut, so i would personally suggest a round stone, with possibly a bezel or a pave border to make it look bigger...?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results