shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA Question....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy''s post got me thinking....I do not know the answer and I suppose I could call GIA but I am just to lazy this morning.

If you have your diamond GIA certified and you still have the original certificate, your diamond gets lost or stolen, can you call GIA and have them freeze that cert?

Like if someone else down the road gets your diamond and they find out that it has a cert and requests a copy can they hold it and notify the original owner that there has been activity on their diamond???

That would be a nice thing to have.....esp if you do not have your rings insured....

Maybe someone will know....

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I doubt it...and for the most part if your ring is stolen they wouldn''t know or care that it was GIA certified ya know? Unless they were targeting you, know jewelry well, and stole the certificate too.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I was just figuring that if someone would bring the diamond to get reset or something the gemologist that worked on it would see the # inscribed on it and say something....just a thought....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results