shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA Cert in the mail?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jayt

Rough_Rock
Hello all, i am a noobie.. just had a question that would like some help on.. I am thinking of buying a diamond for an engegement ring, the jeweler told me that the GIA Certificate will me mailed to me. is that commo?
Thx

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
If the jeweler does not have the GIA report (for instance, because it is not his stone, it was on "loan" from a diamond vendor perhaps), then it is common for you to have to wait to get the original. However, often, they have a photocopy that you can take with you when you buy the diamond. This is what happened with my diamond, but we just stopped by the store a couple weeks later to pick up the original report.

So as long as you have seen a copy of the GIA report, I wouldn''t think too much about having to wait for the original. Although you might want to pick it up to minimize the chance of loss via the mail.

ScheinerDiamonds

Rough_Rock
Hi,
In most cases the original is shipped with the ring but it is not unheard of.
Just make sure they they tell you exactly when you are getting it.
Hope this helps,
Michael
www.thediamond.com

jayt

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your help- really appreciate it. The jeweler has been recommened by others, but i wanted to make sure, I want to protect my investment.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Just make sure you see a copy of the report before you purchase, that way you know EXACTLY what you are purchasing and there is no confusion later. And if possible, get a copy of the report when you buy the diamond. Finally, make sure somewhere it is written that you are to be given the original GIA report within a certain timeframe. Basically, get as much documentation as you can, just in case
2.gif

The Joker

Shiny_Rock

The Joker

Shiny_Rock
P.S. It took 5-6 months for this report to finally arrive, but it did arrive.
I would say that it normally takes 1-2 weeks for the report to catch up with the diamond.
And yes this is a common practice for diamonds on loan.

Joker....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results