shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA Cert - "cloud"/"Feather" under Clarity

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TechSales

Rough_Rock

OK, I''m about to pull the trigger and buy the ring - thanks to you all for your help and I''ll apologize now if I’m repeating ?''s or just asking dumb ones - I''m soooooooooooooooo nervous!

Anyway, I''m still in the air on picking a stone from WF or from the place I''m buying the setting. I had originally decided to go with where I''m getting the setting (adiamor) to save time, hastle, cost, etc but I found out last night it will be a 10-14 days before I they can set the stone and ship it to me anyway so...

Can someone help me decide on these stones? Also, in the certs for for two under Clarity it has a line for Characteristics and one has "feather" and the other has "cloud" I know what a feather is but what si cloud and which is worse - pic''s of certs attached...

thanks so much!!!

GIA Cert - .34 Affinity.jpeg

TechSales

Rough_Rock
Still haven''t figured out how to post multiple pic''s - sorry! And yes, I''m in the technology field!!! LOL
emsmilep.gif

GIA Cert - .34 Affinity2.jpeg

TechSales

Rough_Rock
OK, this one is a little smaller but not much and is AGS cert''d...

AGS-3.1.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
in a vs stone it is not going to matter. especially in that size. you won''t see either inclusion. you''re safe.
2.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
the second one--stay away from clouds in my opinion esp in a smaller stone

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are small, the clarity grade high enough.... which means that the size of the inclusion will be small relative to the already small stone (well, it is not a huge object - 5cts diamonds are also small objects!) .

So... whichever would work for me.

If the clarity grade would have been lower, than some choice between feather & cloud would become interesting. But then, I''d just ask to see them. Perhaps Mr. Cloud could be dense and black or a large patch of haze in an SI2 graded stone where the cloud is the main inclusion. And MS. Feather may also look unpleasant - although chances to have it tinted are less. VS2 doesn''t allow such interesting discussion
2.gif
Well, just IMO of course.

TechSales

Rough_Rock

Thanks, everyone! The two GIA cert'd stone’s are both 3.4 and the same price - if you had two choose between having the feather or the cloud, which would you chose? Should I just shut my eyes and pick one?

One last request - can anyone suggest a good cardiologist because I think this is going to give me heart attack!
emsmilep.gif

Seriously, thanks to all who have helped me so much! Belle, valeria, shay37,mrsalvo, windowshopper, DKS, JohnQuixote, Ebree and all the rest. This sight was invaluable to me...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/18/2005 10:04:06 AM
Author: TechSales

Should I just shut my eyes and pick one?

makes sense to me... you can't see the things, so this is as good as any guess. The return policy is better than any theory of inclusions

One last request - can anyone suggest a good cardiologist because I think this is going to give me heart attack!

32.gif
N'ah... it is good practice for diamonds to come
2.gif

TechSales

Rough_Rock
ok, one more thign and then I swear I''m done bother you guys - until I get the ring and post pic''s of course!
emwink.gif

The stone with the feather is thin faceted, the stone with the cloud is medium to slightly think faceted - thoughts on if one is better then the other? Agin, both are .34, H, VS2 and the price is the same so otherwise they are identical...

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you''re not bothering! that''s what we''re here for.
1.gif

a girdle that is mostly thin may, by design, be more prone to chipping than a girdle that is thicker..however...you will get more spread (face up size) with a thinner girdle. when comparing diamonds for size, don''t just look at the carat weight. cutters can hide weight in a stone (commonly the girdle). since you are paying by weight, you could end up with a stone that is smaller dimension wise than normal.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Checking the mm diameter of the two GIA stones, they are almost identical. If you can see a difference, you''re going to need more than VS2 clarity.
2.gif
jk

shay

TechSales

Rough_Rock
Ok, so I did it - pheeeeeeeeeeeeew! thats over. Should get it in about 10 days. I got the thin faceted w/ the feather...

Now all I need to do is figure out how to pop the question...

thanks everyone...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results