shape
carat
color
clarity

Getting ready for the Big Day

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mirre

Shiny_Rock
Ok so it''s not MY Big Day but it is a friend''s Big Day and I am going to be a bridesmaid on Dec 15.
I''m hoping to not have to get my nails done and damage them. At first I was looking VERY forward to getting my nails done but they are actually looking pretty healthy for once. I guess it will mostly depend on how much they have grown out by then and how well they hold up during finals haha. I have never been one to be able to grow nails... I pick at them too much... especially when I''m nervous or bored.

So here are my questions. There isn''t much growth but what little there is is pretty dull and yellowish tinted (on the white parts). Do any of you ladies know any tricks to get them:

A) to grow faster? (right now I am putting a clear nail growth polish on them and I just started so don''t know how well it will work)
and
B) How to get them to where they look clean and pretty? Right now they look stained and dingy.

Thanks!

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
My nails are naturally pretty weak and split easily. I also have vertical and horizontal ridges all over them.

I started taking a biotin supplement for hair and nails as well as putting a clear coat of strengthener on each night until they grew to where I wanted them. I like the OPI nail strengthener.

As far as the coloring goes. Take your vitamins! That really helped mine to look nice and healthy.

Now, I file them down about once every 4 days, they grow like mad. They just needed a little boost to get started.
41.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Had you had polish on previously...is that the reason for the staining? (wondering what the cause is...remedy would be different).

You can buff the ridges out as well as surface stains. The buffer is sold where emery boards are...it has no grit to it. Just a repetitive motion is all that is required. I would refrain from anything than just polish now...you don''t have a lot of time to waste. But do keep a strengthener applied so you won''t get a break or a snag.

Remember not to file back and forth...only one direction. §

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results