shape
carat
color
clarity

Getting my left hand back in shape for photos...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Ok I know that is a weird title for my post but I didn''t know what else to put haha
So as some of you know we adopted a new kitty about a month ago. We made the decision not to have him declawed. As a result, my hands both look like edward scissorhands got ahold of me lol i have red scratches and scars basically all over from trying to train saffron not to bite or scratch. For our wedding photos we are having hand shots done of our rings afterwards....does anyone have any remedies they know of for getting rid of scratches and almost scars (really it is on the underside of my wrist so im not tooooo worried about the scar)....thanks in advance....

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Step 1: Get a spray bottle! Then you don''t have to handle kitty when he''s being feisty.
1.gif

Step 2: FI SWEARS by Mederma for scars, a dog bit his nose almost 3 years ago and you can''t even tell where he got stitches.

Step 3: Don''t stress, Photoshop works wonders.
5.gif

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Neosporin always works for me. Maybe try wearing some gloves too, and long sleeves!
41.gif

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Mederma is fantastic - I highly reccomend it but it takes awhile to work (at least it did for my scar). For kitty inflicted wounds, I tend to use aloe and neosporin and they heal within a few days time. Also, if you have a highly visible scar I''d touch it up with a bit of make-up before your photos and wash it off immediately after so you don''t get make-up all over your dress.

Do you trim your fiesty kitty''s claws? That will help cut down on cuts and scrapes significantly. Additionally, teaching him (or her) to adjust to regular claw trimmings will make both your lives much easier!

It might be best if you paused on any significant training in the 2-3 weeks leading up to the wedding.

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 1:31:38 PM
Author: sunnyd
Step 1: Get a spray bottle! Then you don''t have to handle kitty when he''s being feisty.
1.gif

Step 2: FI SWEARS by Mederma for scars, a dog bit his nose almost 3 years ago and you can''t even tell where he got stitches.

5.gif

sunnyd: a DOG big his nose?!? and Mederma worked??? i''m about ready to give up mederma over a scar i recently got because i don''t see any difference. but i guess i just have to be patient.

for those who used mederma, is it normal for the area to be reddish??

smurfy: uhm, i don''t have any advice except for what works with the others - mederma? ;-)

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I''d try Soft Paws to prevent any new scratches. Plus it''ll help you train your kitty not to scratch and keep damage under control. Cats take a while to get used to them, so you have to check them each day until you convince the cat they WILL stay on, and you''ll put new ones on over the ones Saffron takes off. But that should at least keep you from getting any more scratches.

(Btw, I love the names of your kitties!)

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 5:52:51 PM
Author: cleokizzy

Date: 10/14/2009 1:31:38 PM
Author: sunnyd
1.gif

5.gif

sunnyd: a DOG big his nose?!? and Mederma worked??? i''m about ready to give up mederma over a scar i recently got because i don''t see any difference. but i guess i just have to be patient.

for those who used mederma, is it normal for the area to be reddish??

smurfy: uhm, i don''t have any advice except for what works with the others - mederma? ;-)
Yep, a bulldog while he was at a customer''s house.
38.gif
Sliced the tip wide open. And he put Mederma on it religiously and you wouldn''t know he was bit unless he told you.
1.gif

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
THANK YOU for not getting your kitty declawed!

You can always ask the photographer to photoshop scars out if they show up. They can do that, right?

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
We opted to not have our kitty declawed either. After she got "control" of retracting her claws, we didn''t really have any problems with her scratching people...
My grandmothers husband even told me "oh yes. your cat has been declawed.. she has no nails." in a "you-don''t-know-what-your-talking-about" fashion... we went back and for on it for quite some time..
i had to literally pick Krystal up and push her claw out to prove I was right! lol.

But I remember the first few weeks and how terrible my hands looked. I trim her nails now and I''m so glad I do and that I started early with her. I highly recommend that you trim your kitties claws as well!

I used lotion to help the scratches heal.. granted, it burned like a b!tch in some cases and the scratch would get kinda red and would raise for a lil, but they healed super quick when they weren''t too deep. beauty is pain I guess lol.

Good luck! And congrats on your sweet bundle of fur!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I find that making sure I put some sort of antibacterial cream or ointment on it helps with fast healing. Then it sounds like Mederma is a good idea too. But yes, photoshop works wonders. Just make sure to mention it to your photographer that you would like it edited out.

Off Topic but.. I thought you were getting tattoo rings? Is this still the plan>

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Well We are just getting the photos on a cd to save money. I have a degree in graphic design and will be photoshopping everything myself...I just don''t want to spend all that time on stupid kitty scratchies
7.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 9:50:21 AM
Author: Clairitek
I find that making sure I put some sort of antibacterial cream or ointment on it helps with fast healing. Then it sounds like Mederma is a good idea too. But yes, photoshop works wonders. Just make sure to mention it to your photographer that you would like it edited out.

Off Topic but.. I thought you were getting tattoo rings? Is this still the plan>

We are going to do this still but a little further down the road when we can afford it :) We are using actual rings for the wedding and then are maybe going to display them in a case with the unity candle or something but after actually getting my ring, i have a feeling i will still wear it over the tattoo from time to time :) its really sparkly! lol

tlh

Ideal_Rock
neosporin when they are new... mederma when they are old.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results