shape
carat
color
clarity

getting lost in stupid stuff

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, TooPatient!! I totally commend you on getting so much done!! Keep it up! :appl: *cheering for you!* :appl:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got the plane tickets for the OOT guest.

Called the place with the ketubah and they've got no problem on timing. Have a form to have Rabbi fill out Thursday then they'll take my order on Monday. The woman even gave me her personal cell phone so I can call her this week while she's on vacation if I need to!

The earrings I got haven't bothered my ears yet and I've been wearing them for almost 9 hours! Not so sure of the bracelets... have to see with the dress.

Kosher wine set for delivery Friday. Kippot should be here soon. My band should be here any time!

Found a photographer. Just have to talk details and finalize contract.

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1376373055|3501928 said:

Called the place with the ketubah and they've got no problem on timing. Have a form to have Rabbi fill out Thursday then they'll take my order on Monday. The woman even gave me her personal cell phone so I can call her this week while she's on vacation if I need to!

The earrings I got haven't bothered my ears yet and I've been wearing them for almost 9 hours! Not so sure of the bracelets... have to see with the dress.

Kosher wine set for delivery Friday. Kippot should be here soon. My band should be here any time!

Things are really coming along for you TP! Are you guys paying for the plane tickets of all your out of town guests?! I'm not sure I'm interpreting that right...it's incredibly generous of you if you are!

How's it feel having a break from school to get all this stuff wrapped up?

audball

Ideal_Rock
Things are good here. I got my custom wedding hanky in the mail yesterday! It's so adorable. I want to post a picture, but I have to edit it first because it shows my future last name on it in the corner.

It's about 7ish inches square, white hanky, with mint green and peach crochet on the border.
In a gray/silver, it is embroidered and reads:
Mrs. HisLastName
10-30-13

Also some shoes I ordered are coming on later this week. I can't wait to see them and hope beyond all hope that my shoe search will be over!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1376411716|3502164 said:
TooPatient|1376373055|3501928 said:

Things are really coming along for you TP! Are you guys paying for the plane tickets of all your out of town guests?! I'm not sure I'm interpreting that right...it's incredibly generous of you if you are!

How's it feel having a break from school to get all this stuff wrapped up?

We're buying the tickets for one woman who has been exceptionally supportive and wonderful. She's really been there for us through all of the ups and downs.
(We only have two OOT guests anyway and did talk about just buying the tickets -- about $200 roundtrip per person)

A break from school is amazing! Got lots of other stuff still but that is a big load I can take a short break from. My quarter doesn't start until the last week of September but I need to do a bunch of reading and practice to be ready (especially since I'll be missing a week of the quarter to get married!) before classes start.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1376412561|3502168 said:
Things are good here. I got my custom wedding hanky in the mail yesterday! It's so adorable. I want to post a picture, but I have to edit it first because it shows my future last name on it in the corner.

It's about 7ish inches square, white hanky, with mint green and peach crochet on the border.
In a gray/silver, it is embroidered and reads:
Mrs. HisLastName
10-30-13

Also some shoes I ordered are coming on later this week. I can't wait to see them and hope beyond all hope that my shoe search will be over!

Oooo! It sounds beautiful!

I can't wait to see pictures. From what you describe it should be perfect with your dress!

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1376415230|3502180 said:
We're buying the tickets for one woman who has been exceptionally supportive and wonderful. She's really been there for us through all of the ups and downs.
(We only have two OOT guests anyway and did talk about just buying the tickets -- about $200 roundtrip per person)

A break from school is amazing! Got lots of other stuff still but that is a big load I can take a short break from. My quarter doesn't start until the last week of September but I need to do a bunch of reading and practice to be ready (especially since I'll be missing a week of the quarter to get married!) before classes start.
That's really generous! Glad you have awhile to go back! I'm not in school right now, but I work for a major university and our students are back in two short weeks.

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1376415298|3502181 said:
Oooo! It sounds beautiful!

I can't wait to see pictures. From what you describe it should be perfect with your dress!
I love it! The peach is the perfect shade to match the dress and the mint is so complimentary. It's a crappy cell phone shot in the poor fluro lighting of my kitchen...but you get the idea!

_8778.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
We're here if you want to talk madelise! I saw your post but don't want to comment on it since you decided to delete it. ((hugs))

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1376502118|3502917 said:
We're here if you want to talk madelise! I saw your post but don't want to comment on it since you decided to delete it. ((hugs))

I didn't see your post but wondered if you are okay. Please do come talk when you feel ready!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
TP and AUD!!! You gals are on FIRE!!! Love the hanky audball! It's perfect for your dress! TP, that's so nice of you to pay for your out of town guest! I wonder what's going to happen in oct once you are both married! You have been keeping this thread alive lol!

MADELISE!!!! Come out and play. I didn't see your post either, but you know you can always vent and let it out here!

No updates here.

audball

Ideal_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy|1376511292|3503035 said:
TP and AUD!!! You gals are on FIRE!!! Love the hanky audball! It's perfect for your dress!
Thanks LLC! :))

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty! I can see the same colors as in your dress!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm having trouble doing a registry. We've lived together for 8 years. Neither of us really had much so we went out and purchased together most of the stuff that is in our house. Some special pieces belonged to my grandmother, but other than those everything is us.

There isn't much we need and that which would be nice just seems too much to put on a registry. $80 steak knife set? $100 toaster? Our discounted to $20 set of knives is great and my $2 thrift store toaster works better than any fancy one I've ever seen!

If it weren't so rude to say "no gifts" we would have!

Hmmmmm......
What would be wonderful is some of the artwork we picked out together. It took months of back and forth to find a list of pieces that we both love and want in our home. We've just never had the time or money to order them (plus frame & hang).
Okay... Off to see if there is a way to do a registry at the place that had the art...

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1376542384|3503520 said:
So pretty! I can see the same colors as in your dress!
I know! I think it's so sweet.

audball

Ideal_Rock
We just did a registry last weekend. I found the process to be completely and utterly overwhelming and uncomfortable. We weren't going to do one at all since we're eloping, but our family is insisting that they still want to get us gifts and that others will too (work is already talking about a shower...). Family also wants to throw a shower that close friends will be invited to. So I get their point, and if we're going to get gifts, getting things we can use/need over random things would obviously be preferred, but I just felt like it was so presumptuous to have one. Like we expected gifts even when we aren't throwing a traditional event. We kept it small and price points in the low-mid range. But I totally feel you on this. Slightly different than you, we could actually use a lot of household items, but we live in a small 1 bedroom apartment and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. We don't plan to rent something larger than this and won't have more space until we purchase a home which we don't plan to do for at least 5 years. We simply don't have the space to store all the things people typically register for and we feel awkward asking for gifts that we likely wouldn't buy for ourselves. Rant over!

I think if you can register for art at that artwork store that it would be a great idea for you guys!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No way to register at the art place.

Registered at two places. One has 15 items on the registry the other has 18. (the 18 item one has the count at 41 due to wanting multiples of certain items but I'm only counting as one thing because even if someone got the entire set of ramekins or kitchen towels it would still be <$25)

BUT ----
I placed an order to buy all of the art we'd looked at! Of the list of 26 things we wanted to get, they only have 8 available still so I just bought them all. (They had a 25% off sale so the whole purchase was only about $200.)
They'll be here in the next few weeks and we can see about framing & hanging them as we have time/energy/money.

Wine was delivered so it is sitting here ready to take with us for the wedding. (kosher wine -- the rest will come from the winery!)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1376589080|3503848 said:
We just did a registry last weekend. I found the process to be completely and utterly overwhelming and uncomfortable. We weren't going to do one at all since we're eloping, but our family is insisting that they still want to get us gifts and that others will too (work is already talking about a shower...). Family also wants to throw a shower that close friends will be invited to. So I get their point, and if we're going to get gifts, getting things we can use/need over random things would obviously be preferred, but I just felt like it was so presumptuous to have one. Like we expected gifts even when we aren't throwing a traditional event. We kept it small and price points in the low-mid range. But I totally feel you on this. Slightly different than you, we could actually use a lot of household items, but we live in a small 1 bedroom apartment and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. We don't plan to rent something larger than this and won't have more space until we purchase a home which we don't plan to do for at least 5 years. We simply don't have the space to store all the things people typically register for and we feel awkward asking for gifts that we likely wouldn't buy for ourselves. Rant over!

I think if you can register for art at that artwork store that it would be a great idea for you guys!

Overwhelming and uncomfortable is a great description!
Everyone means well but that doesn't make it less uncomfortable!

I've been trying hard to find stuff that we actually want/need and would get use (or at least enjoyment) from. The lady who has been pushing me to get this done already had some great suggestions:

tablecloth with matching placemats & napkins
matching bath towel sets
kitchen towels, potholders
new bedding (or even sheets)
electric toothbrush

Another lady suggested that it doesn't need to be something we don't have. It could just be stuff we'd like to replace with new.

Easy for them to say!!
I've been taught that you don't ask for gifts and you be mindful of other people's situations. It feels WRONG to be making a list of stuff so that people can go shopping for us.

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1376842175|3505355 said:
No way to register at the art place.

Registered at two places. One has 15 items on the registry the other has 18. (the 18 item one has the count at 41 due to wanting multiples of certain items but I'm only counting as one thing because even if someone got the entire set of ramekins or kitchen towels it would still be <$25)

BUT ----
I placed an order to buy all of the art we'd looked at! Of the list of 26 things we wanted to get, they only have 8 available still so I just bought them all. (They had a 25% off sale so the whole purchase was only about $200.)
They'll be here in the next few weeks and we can see about framing & hanging them as we have time/energy/money.

Wine was delivered so it is sitting here ready to take with us for the wedding. (kosher wine -- the rest will come from the winery!)
Bummer on not being able to be register at the art place! At least you got a good bit of what you wanted for relatively inexpensive. That will be a nice addition to your home.

Your registry items sound like a good fit. That's mostly what we did -- things we could use to upgrade from our hand-me-down college days.

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1376843012|3505365 said:
Overwhelming and uncomfortable is a great description!
Everyone means well but that doesn't make it less uncomfortable!

Easy for them to say!!
I've been taught that you don't ask for gifts and you be mindful of other people's situations. It feels WRONG to be making a list of stuff so that people can go shopping for us.
I could ditto this over and over.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
60 days to go! Under two months!!!

Done:
STD's mailed
his w-band bought
venue selected/booked
wine tasting arranged
cake
invitations
figure out who is sharing room with "A"
who to drive "A" over on the day of
Place in our house for TWO guests to stay (not a couple so need two locations)
My necklace (sapphire & diamond)
my w-band (just have to place order)
new kippah for FI
kippah for "A"
DRESS
order kosher wine for blessings
plane ticket for out of town guest
gift registry
Staying Friday night too!

In process:
photographer (two promising possibilities found, must meet in person and make final choice)
DJ (FI working out music list etc)
music selection
flowers (verging on done)
dinner menu
brunch menu
KETUBAH!!! (placing order this week -- paperwork filled out, have cell phone of woman who will take care of order)
chuppah (brilliant idea -- must run by Rabbi for okay --- Got the okay!!!! only minimal to finish now!)
nails (have good recommendation for local place)
shoes
kippot (plural of kippah) for guests
book of blessings for dinner

To do:
hair
his tux
dress for "A" (waiting for September since she's growing fast!)
someone to watch animals for at least 2 nights
frame to hang ketubah
order kosher meals for Rabbi & cantor
find a glass to break
toasting glasses
special Kiddush cup
ceremony programs
translate Hebrew sections to English to print for guests (leaving this to FI)
guest book?
schedule mikvah visit for me
marriage license
practice 1st dance (would like to have practiced with our instructor for 1st and last dances)
centerpiece materials
underwear to go with dress
dress fittings
veil
rental car of OOT guests
Place for OOT guest to sleep in our house (have one figured out, need 2nd room ready)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hired a photographer!!!
Scheduled engagement photos.
Got FI's kippah and the kippah for "A" delivered today.

Spent the rest of the day hauling FI to multiple drs and filling out papers for his HR department to get the disability leave started. Not as much done as I'd like, but coming along!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Woohoo! Thats a big thing off the list TP! Hope your FI is OK :(

The only update I hate is that my ceremony script was approved by the officiant! :appl:

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1376975267|3506381 said:
Hired a photographer!!!
Scheduled engagement photos.
Got FI's kippah and the kippah for "A" delivered today.

Spent the rest of the day hauling FI to multiple drs and filling out papers for his HR department to get the disability leave started. Not as much done as I'd like, but coming along!
You have been busy! Way to go getting things checked off! I hope your FI is ok!

audball

Ideal_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy|1377007238|3506511 said:

The only update I have is that my ceremony script was approved by the officiant! :appl:
YAY! Checking things off too LLC! That's definitely a big and important one that has to feel good to have done! Have you written your personal vows yet (assuming you aren't going traditional...)?

audball

Ideal_Rock
Updates from the audball couple ---

We finished writing our ceremony script last week and LLC submitting hers and getting it approved inspired me to go ahead and send ours in to the officiant for approval. We're still waiting on an answer, but I'm assuming all will be fine!

We also decided on flowers and sent our request to the florist. Waiting for confirmation there, but again, assume all will be fine.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LoveLikeCrazy|1377007238|3506511 said:

The only update I hate is that my ceremony script was approved by the officiant! :appl:

Yay! That is great!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1377010019|3506550 said:
Updates from the audball couple ---

We finished writing our ceremony script last week and LLC submitting hers and getting it approved inspired me to go ahead and send ours in to the officiant for approval. We're still waiting on an answer, but I'm assuming all will be fine!

We also decided on flowers and sent our request to the florist. Waiting for confirmation there, but again, assume all will be fine.

Great progress!

Waiting for approval and confirmations seems like half the challenge!

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1377012915|3506586 said:
Waiting for approval and confirmations seems like half the challenge!
Indeed!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results