shape
carat
color
clarity

Getting Divorced - How do I wear my ring???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondtifff

Shiny_Rock
Hey Everyone- I have been MIA for awhile- but I have some good news- Its actually bad news but Its been a long time coming and I feel relieved I finnaly did it- But I am filing for divorce from my husband- He has been - well...you know- I dont want to get into it but last Thursday something happened that was my breaking point - and I just couldnt take it anymore- But- one thing that is really bugging me is about my beautiful ring- He didn''t buy this for me - I bought it under my business - but wore it as I guess you could say my engagement ring with a diamond band- well I wont wear the band but I still want to wear the ring alond on my left ring finger- Reason is - if I wear it on my right hand it gets banged up more because Im right handed and i just can see it better on my left! Its like I have trained my left hand to be more aware and so I just use my right more- It really dosent look like an engagement ring- so my question is- What are the "rules" of wearing a ring like mine- a 3 stone (its my avatar) on yoru left ring finger?????? Any suggestions or stories, help would be appreciated-

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can:
1. Wear it on your right hand, but that's out because you aren't comfortable with that.
2. Wear it alone on your left hand
3. Reset it?

Basically, what I am saying is wear it as you like. There aren't any hard and fast rules anymore these days.
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/12/2007 4:15:25 PM
Author: Chrono
You can:
1. Wear it on your right hand, but that''s out because you aren''t comfortable with that.
2. Wear it alone on your left hand
3. Reset it?

Basically, what I am saying is wear it as you like. There aren''t any hard and fast rules anymore these days.
2.gif
Sorry to hear about this
15.gif
. Regarding the ring, as Chrono says, there are no rules anymore, so do what you are comfortable with.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry to hear about your divorce. I say wear it as you please. There are no rules you have to follow.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
...... and if anyone says anything to you about a husband or fiance just wave your left hand and say, "oh I''m not married, I''m successful." ;D

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wear it as you like! But if you''re not comfortable wearing it on your left ring finger could you get it resized so you could wear it on your left MIDDLE finger?

It evokes the Sex and the City when Richard gave Samantha that gorgeous canary ring so that he could have something shiny to look at when she flipped him off!
2.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2007 4:37:51 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
...... and if anyone says anything to you about a husband or fiance just wave your left hand and say, ''oh I''m not married, I''m successful.'' ;D
I like that.
2.gif

I agree -- wear it as you please. I wouldn''t think this would be your first concern when you are at the beginning stages of a divorce, but if there comes a time when you are worried that people are assuming you''re "taken" and you don''t want them to, then you can come up with a different solution (maybe resize it to fit your middle finger on your left hand?).

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry things went wrong.
As far as wearing your rings, there are no rules. Life is too short to worry about that stuff. I love Cehrabehra's answer. (Quick threadjack: I've never been married and I wear a solitaire on each hand. I also have 2 eternity bands that I wear on whichever hand they fit at the time.)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
...... and if anyone says anything to you about a husband or fiance just wave your left hand and say, ''oh I''m not married, I''m successful.'' ;D

I like Sarah''s idea. What about the middle finger left side?
I am sorry but glad you are taking care of you!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Perfect! What Sara said!

If you are going out and will not be doing much with your hands I''d switch it to the right side. Are your ring fingers similar sizes? I guess that would make a difference. Divorce is no good reason not to wear your bling! Wear it how you like it! Sounds like you''ve been through a rough time. I''m always sorry to hear about a marriage ending, but, I wish you the best during this time. I know it can either be rough or a relief.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Ok, bear with me with this radical idea, but what about remounting it into an elongated pendant? Kind of like , but vertical, if you can imagine.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2007 4:39:58 PM
Author: neatfreak
Wear it as you like! But if you''re not comfortable wearing it on your left ring finger could you get it resized so you could wear it on your left MIDDLE finger?

It evokes the Sex and the City when Richard gave Samantha that gorgeous canary ring so that he could have something shiny to look at when she flipped him off!
2.gif

This was my thought also... makes the most sense to me. Nothing to explain to others and it wont be subjected to the wear and tear on your right hand.

And I wish you the best on your pending divorce

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi! i agree that this ring does not look like strictly an engagement ring. were i to see you i would not find it odd that you were wearing it on your left ring finger whether married or divorced. it is lovely and i would continue to wear it where i was most comfortable.

your friends all probably know how you acquired it and won''t expect it to disappear. i''d not worry about the ring.

i am sorry about your problems and wish you the best in the future.

1.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I am really sorry for the event. You seem like a butt kicker...I mean if you bought that BEAUTY with your business...you''re not exactly sitting home eating bon bons. So you keep going girlfriend! Keep plowing ahead! There may be some muck to get through...

So I say where that thing anywhere you want...it will go great with your wading boots!

DKS

It is a beauty
30.gif
no matter the circumstances.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear, but glad that you''ve done what''s best for you. I say wear that ring anywhere you damn well want to, darlin''.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi diamondtifff, I think I remember when you found your stone. IMHO I think you can continue wearing it on your left hand. It''s not a traditional e-ring, you found it, bought it, ect. Continue wearing it as a gift to yourself. Sorry to hear about your divorce. I hope you''re doing well.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am sorry about your divorce. I agree with the others.

I wore rings on my left ring finger for years before I got engaged (what can I say...I just like the way it looks). No one ever asked me about my marital status except for men who were interested in my maritial status! So the only caveat I can see is that it may deter hot men from asking a newly single, independent confident woman like yourself out!
13.gif
9.gif
Hee hee.

Although I would have to say now that I am married, I am disappointed to find out that rings really don''t deter some men at all.
38.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear about your divorce. There don''t seem to be any hard rules these days. I''d wear it how you want, but probably not on your left hand. On your right hand on any finger would be fine. If you are really worried about it, you could make it a pendant.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
sorry you have to go through a divorce, but i guess its great to have a new beginning. (always looking for the positive
1.gif
)

there are no rules today...i''d get it made slightly larger and wear it on the middle finger of my left hand....i also don''t like wearing rings on the right because i bang them all the time too.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am sorry, but if it is for the best I wish you all the luck!

You can kind of do whatever you want. It may look like an engagement ring but so be it, or you can reset somehow, but if you love it, wear it as is!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
stay strong DT.

Wear that bling any d@#n well you please!
36.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear about your divorce, but I''m glad it''s the right thing for you.

I would resize it and wear it on your left middle finger. But if that''s not comfortable for you, by all means keep wearing it on the left ring finger. I love diamond rings on middle fingers...I wear my 5 stone diamond ring on my right middle finger.

When you want to date again, I just wouldn''t want you to miss out on any upstanding hottie not asking you out because he saw your ring and thought it was an e-ring!

diamondtifff

Shiny_Rock
YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for the kind words..........It is rough and It seems petty to be worring about this but I have been going through alot of stuff for 2 years and I am 95 percent over my husband....its been one of those slowly accepting struggles that now once its done its almost freeing- But I LOVE some of those responses!!!!!!!!!!! Especially the middle finger one!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was seriously thinking about having it resized for my left midle finger- I am wearing it on the right now- I think maybe im thinking about this to take my mind off of the seperation, attorneys, and all the stuff I have to deal with. I can get through it I know......I have my own business and can support myself- its just a hard change all the sudden- I did get a new puppy who is precious!!!!!!!!!!! He is a 2 pound shih-tzu and is just adorable- But I know in the grand scheme of things the ring thing is something I should not stress about- I could never put it in a pendant- I freaking love this ring and I guess I always enoyed it on my left hand- But I think my favorite is...."im not married, im sucessfull"?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will take yalls advice and "do as I please"!!! You are right- there are no rules....I mean- I bought the thing so I will wear it as I please. Thank you all sooooooooooooo much
face1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2007 10:11:30 PM
Author: diamondtifff
YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for the kind words..........It is rough and It seems petty to be worring about this but I have been going through alot of stuff for 2 years and I am 95 percent over my husband....its been one of those slowly accepting struggles that now once its done its almost freeing- But I LOVE some of those responses!!!!!!!!!!! Especially the middle finger one!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was seriously thinking about having it resized for my left midle finger- I am wearing it on the right now- I think maybe im thinking about this to take my mind off of the seperation, attorneys, and all the stuff I have to deal with. I can get through it I know......I have my own business and can support myself- its just a hard change all the sudden- I did get a new puppy who is precious!!!!!!!!!!! He is a 2 pound shih-tzu and is just adorable- But I know in the grand scheme of things the ring thing is something I should not stress about- I could never put it in a pendant- I freaking love this ring and I guess I always enoyed it on my left hand- But I think my favorite is....''im not married, im sucessfull''?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will take yalls advice and ''do as I please''!!! You are right- there are no rules....I mean- I bought the thing so I will wear it as I please. Thank you all sooooooooooooo much
face1.gif

Good for you.
I wish you nothing but the best. Sounds like
things are moving in the right direction for you.
Take Care

diamondtifff

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again for the kind words and support- Its really amazing when you go through bad stuff you find out who your real friends are and who cares about you and that is a blessing in itself. But....I have to show yall my new puppy - I took this pic next to my shoe to show how tiny he is!!!!!!!!!!!

smallerpic.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
What is that adorable pup''s name? Too cute for words!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
he's just too cute for words

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondtifff. Sorry to hear about your divorce but it sounds like you are doing what is right for you. I think you should wear your ring any way you''d enjoy looking at it whether it''s on your left ring finger or you left middle finger. I new puppy is adorable!

diamondtifff

Shiny_Rock
His name is OLIVER!!!! He is a ham.....Here are a few more pics..........

126_2649small.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oliver is precious
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
What kind of dog is Oliver? sooooo cute!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results