shape
carat
color
clarity

Get Insurance before sending setting/diamond off to be set?

jkc350z

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

Just curious - should I have my engagement settng and stone personally insured before shipping it off to have set?

I have a Tacori setting and a loose diamond, and my local jeweler who is a Platinum Tacori Dealer is shipping the stone off for me, but I have not yet had the setting and stone insured yet by the likes of Jewelers Mutual, Chubb, etc.

Should I have this done before considering sendin it off?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Get Insurance before sending setting/diamond off to be s

I think it is a good idea. But as far as I know, Jeweler's Mutual is the only one who will do it. You can always switch the next year if you prefer another insurer.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yes!!! Get insurance.

TitanCi

Brilliant_Rock

jkc350z|1339604114|3215426 said:
Hello All,

Just curious - should I have my engagement settng and stone personally insured before shipping it off to have set?

I have a Tacori setting and a loose diamond, and my local jeweler who is a Platinum Tacori Dealer is shipping the stone off for me, but I have not yet had the setting and stone insured yet by the likes of Jewelers Mutual, Chubb, etc.

Should I have this done before considering sendin it off?

It was recommended to me, so I went ahead and did it for the peace of mind. Will your jeweler take responsibility if anything happens since he's sending it out?

In my case, I had to send a loose stone to ERD, so I couldn't risk while in transit and during setting. But it's good to have anyway, just in case you need it...

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

I believe that some vendors can offer you coverage for setting the stone through their insurance, but you will need to specifically ask this and have it in writing before moving ahead. However since you will need to cover the ring anyway, I would just go ahead and get coverage.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results