shape
carat
color
clarity

Gems as art

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone ever bought one of the more "artistic" carved gems? What did you do with them?

Aquarium-web.jpg

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
That pic looks a lot like the Gem Intrusion work by Andrew Gulij, GemFix.

He cut my big peridot.

I saw several of these last year at the Tucson show, they are quite beautiful and the pics do not do them justice, PLUS some are quite large. Andrew won some prestigious awards for this technique.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not purchased any but I would definitely custom set it to best show of the artful cutting style and wear it with pride.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I have seen such stones at gemstone round tables held by my local Minneapolis designer, T Lee. Link People who purchase the stone generally have T design an amazing piece of jewelry. I once asked Richard Homer if he had visions of how his more unusual carvings would be set. He said, no, he leaves that to talented designers such as T.

BTW, if anyone in the Minneapolis area is reading this, Roger Dery Link is having a round table at T Lee''s in February. The 19th and 20th, I believe. I already have my space reserved.
9.gif
If you call for a reservation, please tell them that Fly Girl from Pricescope sent you.
35.gif

Lovebaubles

Rough_Rock
Trade
I''ve never purchased one, but I love carved gems, especially Aquas.

DistinctionJewelry

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I''ve yet to purchase one (out of my budget!), but I''ve seen a few that are downright spectacular. I might be tempted to take the art concept even further and set it as a sculpture of some sort, and light it up well at home. Something like that might deserve to simply be looked at. I do own some pretty cool designer-cut cabochons of various non-transparent stones that can be very artistic at a lower price....for now! :D

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results