shape
carat
color
clarity

Gemprint?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sapphic

Rough_Rock
Is it worthwhile to pay the $50 for a Gemprint from the appraiser? I assume I only have this one opportunity to do it, before the diamond is set.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
I had the gemprint done and registered. I''m not sure who all uses gemprint for verification, but it kind of gives me peace of mind that I can send it back to Rockdoc and have my diamond verified at any time. You never know what kind of shady jewelers there are out there. I''m not really sure if it''s actually worth it, because no jeweler should risk going to jail for a couple of thousand dollars. However, like I said, it gives me peace of mind just in case.

sapphic

Rough_Rock
If you have a laser inscribed diamond and an AGS cert, shouldn''t they be able to identify the diamond with those 2 items just as easily?

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
My diamond did not have any inscription, but does have a GIA Certificate. If the diamond is laser-inscribed, then I think that would be good enough (unless there was some way one could forge something like that). However, with only a certificate, it's identity is not as secure. That's why I did the gemprint.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
I honestly would talk to Rockdoc about it, he could probably justify the process better than I can because he''s an expert.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did it with our first diamond, it was a small price to pay for extra piece of mind (and it was fun to see my GemPrint)....but since then I figured why bother since these are all upgrades on the way to the big ole 3c. So I figure the final stone I will do it with again but not until then. But it was fun. If you have the $50, why not.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I really like Gemprint. It’s not something that comes up all that often but it’s sort of like fingerprinting your kids. When you decide you need it, it really comes in handy. Internally I do it on every stone I can because it's a solid way for me to recognize a stone that I've seen before, even amongst a thousand similar stones. The big issue for most people is that the registration results in a discount at many insurance companies. Depending on your valuation, this can cover the entire cost and, as has been pointed out above, it provides a certain amount of peace of mind for not a lot of money.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results