shape
carat
color
clarity

GemOro 1.2 vs. GemOro Sparkle Spa Ultrasonic

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Monalissa143

Rough_Rock
Hello:

I did a search on ultrasonics and found a lot of great information. I''m deciding between these two to add to my Christmas list. I don''t want to start out with anything too fancy or expensive. I can always upgrade later on if I become addicted. :)

I contacted the manufacuter of GemOro and learned that both ultrasonics are 42 kHZ (read that was important). Other than the size and cleaning cycle, is there any benefit to buying the more expensive 1.2 quart?

Thanks!

Lisa

Monalissa143

Rough_Rock
In case anyone is interested, the person at GemOro who helped me find out the kHZ suggested the Sparkle Spa for personal use. She said the main difference between the two is size, with the 1.2 being appropriate as a commercial back-up unit or for a very small repair shop. I will post an update after Christmas...I hope someone gets it for me!

Lisa

aaronx88

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I dont think GemOro manufactured those two cleaners. They are OEM manufactured by a company in China called Codyson. www.codyson.com

I have the Codyson unit equivalent to Sparkle Spa and I must say it cleans very well for small jewelery items. However, I find that a bigger unit will definately come in handy for bigger item like spectacles etc.

You can get the Codyson unit cheaply on EBAY, Sparkle Spa for $20 and 1.2 for $60. If I were you, I will get the CD-78xx series on EBAY since it is slightly bigger than the sparkle spa (750ml vs 600ml) and the manufacturer claims it is a significant product advancement based on previous model (sparkle spa). If you dont mind a much bigger unit, get the CD-4800 which is equivalent to GemOro 1.2 which is a pro unit.

Hope this helps.

Aaron

Monalissa143

Rough_Rock
Hi Aaron,

I'm a little confused now, but I'll check out what you've told me. I spoke to someone in corporate at a company called SY KESSLER SALES, INC. I found this on their website and confirmed with her that they are the manufacturer of GemOro:

"Sy Kessler Sales, Inc., dba: GemOro Products/GemOro Powerful Ultrasonics/GemOro Superior Instruments is the manufacturer, importer and master distributor of many unique and innovative items such as:

GemOro Products: "New Generation" CZ Master Set, "New Generation" DIAscopePRO Signature Series Microscopes & Elite Series Microscopes, Hastings Triplet Loupes, "New" Superior B&L Style Loupes, DIAWHITE Diamond Color Grading Light, SMARTLoupe and Belgium Blue, Belgium White and Belgium Blue/White Diamond Parcel Papers, "New" Hearts & Arrows Scopes, Diamond Selection Guide, Powerful Ultrasonic Cleaning Equipment, Sparkle Spa Personal Ultrasonic Cleaner, Ultrasonic Cleaning Solution, Steam Tech 2002 Steamer, Duo-View Darkfield Loupe and Digital Refractometer/Reflectivity Meter."

http://www.sykessler.com/about_us.cfm

Thank you!
Lisa

aaronx88

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Since I'm from Australia, I wondering how much is GemOro selling their sparkle spa and 1.2 for in USD? I bought mine here locally for AUD25 sold under another name.

Honestly, I'm 99% sure GemOro do not actually manufactured these two products. OEM means original equipment manufacturer and Codyson manufactures for GemOro. If you do a search on google for "ultrasonic CD-2800", you will realise that the same design of sparkle spa being sold under many different names.

If USD$60 is of no objection, get the CD-4800 which is GemOro 1.2. Else get the 78xx series which is about USD$25 if you are going to only clean jewelry (can always upgrade). Trust me you will be addicted to see your jewelry shines like brand new!

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Shining-Image-Always-Quality

Aaron

Monalissa143

Rough_Rock
Hi again Aaron,

Ottofrei.com is selling the Sparkle Spa for $36.95 and the 1.2 for $65.95. I''ve decided to go with the CD-7820A. I think my husband will love that it can clean his CDs! I also like that the CD-7820A has more options for cleaning cycles. That was a main difference between the Sparkle Spa and the 1.2. It wasn''t worth the extra money, but thanks to you now I can have it for the same price. :)

Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results