shape
carat
color
clarity

Gemex BrillianceScope - Hype?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chris0229

Rough_Rock
Here''s the stone I purchased.

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-2323699.htm

I was looking on Good old Gold, and they have the BrillianceScope images uploaded on their website. Is this something I need to pay attention to (Whiteflash didn''t provide the BrillianceScope image), or will my stone have very high or at lease high brilliance, fire, and scintillation just because of it''s proportions and the extra cut to get it to hearts and arrows.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
No its not all hype and no its not required in my opinion.
If you want it ran, RockDoc can do so for you.
imho enjoy your diamond and dont worry about it.

tarssarb

Rough_Rock
If you already bought a stone, who cares?

Gemex is a tool which isn''t as good as using an expert to pick the stone or sending it to an independant apprasier (rockdoc) etc.
Gemex shows differences of character in my opinion that seem to correlate with actualy perception of the stone under direct bright light.
It says nothing about indirect, dim, etc appearance. It is only another layer of information.

Some say gemex is useless, but acknowledge that the viewer is interesting which shows the diamond under continuously changing angles of illumination rather than the 5 pictures you get in the report. Like anything, it can be used to hype things as well as discriminate stones.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It is only another layer of information.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agree.

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

kevinyonker

Rough_Rock
I''m a diamond novice and I purchased a diamond online. I personally found the Gemex report reassuring. It even had an Isee2 score. If I were viewing and comparing diamonds in person, I don''t think I would be interested in a Gemex report. My eyes would be the judge. From what I''ve read, the Cut Above H & A''s are absolutely incredible! Have you received the diamond? Please, let us know your reaction when you eyeball that exquisitely cut diamond.

dhog

Shiny_Rock
The best scope image for you to use is the
image that comes from your own 2 eyes.

I believe the stone you chose will blow you
away when you see it,as I don''t think it would
be in the aca lineup if it was a dud.

We are the proud owners of 3 ACA stones
and looking to buy 2 more and I am not
afraid to admit that I would trust Brians
eyes over any test eq.

Brian is looking out for you and all consumers.

good luck on your purchase

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results