shape
carat
color
clarity

Gem wishes for the New Year

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
What are you wishes for the New Year, in terms of colored stones or jewelry in general?

My wish is to get some dangle diamond earrings, and to set some colored stones in rings. Here are some ideas:

hof_silk-pave-diamond-shape-leverback-earrings-1.png

1stdibs_shreve_145_1384873852_1.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Since I am an earring hound, I hope to get certain moonstone/yellow gold and perhaps the chrysoberyl earrings that were in the same shop where I just bought my yellow sapphire earrings. If memory serves they had some violet spinel's already set as well...

cheers--Sharon

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love earrings. So easy to where.

Will you do your annual Best Purchase thread?

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Preg, I hope you'll set your spinel soon. I always liked your stone.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1418927634|3803695 said:
I love earrings. So easy to where.

Will you do your annual Best Purchase thread?

You betcha! :bigsmile:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you get your stone(s) set. I said 2014 would be the year of getting stones set but I obviously did not keep my word so I will try again in 2015.
1. Set my sphenes in an 8 prong stud setting
2. Replace a weird looking stone in a pendant with my sphene
3. Reset my spessartites in an 8 prong stud setting
4. Think hard about a design for my tsavorite.
5. Keep looking for a replacement stone for my antique ring.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm still on the lookout for my dream demantoid...

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1418952789|3803931 said:
I hope you get your stone(s) set. I said 2014 would be the year of getting stones set but I obviously did not keep my word so I will try again in 2015.
1. Set my sphenes in an 8 prong stud setting
2. Replace a weird looking stone in a pendant with my sphene
3. Reset my spessartites in an 8 prong stud setting
4. Think hard about a design for my tsavorite.
5. Keep looking for a replacement stone for my antique ring.

You set your lovely FCDs though this year. That was quite the amazing project.

I have to stop buying stones if I want to set things. That is a problem.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am hoping - sometime this year - to settle on a design for my old cut diamonds. I have two designs I can NOT decide between, and it kills me to know they are setting in the cold, dark confines of the safe and only enjoyed when I take them out to admire them. :((

Other than that, my only hope is to acquire a nice chrysoberyl to add to my collection, and set the dark gray spinels I acquired from Freke into studs. My daughter saw them and really liked them, so I might give them to her, though I love them immensely. Darn kids! LOL

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1418955163|3803969 said:
I have to stop buying stones if I want to set things. That is a problem

Tell me about it! :errrr:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My gem wishes for the New Year also include finding just the right pair of dangly diamond earrings, but my master plan is for 2015 to be the Year of the Cabochon - I have so many beautiful cabs that are waiting for homes and I am determined to prioritize this - quite a few will go to Jill Anish.

I also have a very pretty piece of facet-grade Emerald (Chivor) rough from John Garsow that is demanding to be set in Krikawa's rustic Ancient Roman Style setting (http://www.krikawa.com/jewelry/body-of-work/details.aspx?style=1052).

And I have two sapphires (heat only) and a Burma jade (Grade A) that I'm sending to AGL in January - later in the year I may try to set these as well, depending on how they test out.

Oops, forgot to mention the deep golden South Sea Pearl necklace, just a single round in a gold snake chain - started looking around this fall but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for yet.. will contact TahitianPearls.biz in January and see if he can put something like this together for me. (I've already got the earrings, and every time I wear them I wish I already had this pearl necklace!)

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
My gem wishes for the year are to:

1. Complete my Precision Gem blue green tourm ring project
2. Set my BB moonstones
3. Set some of my favourite learner stones into stacker rings
4. Purchase a green blue indicolite tourm and/or pink/red tourm
5. Stop bidding on Jeff Davies stones!!! And focus on acquiring one or two high quality stones instead - I've realised there isn't any point acquiring a billion stones if I can't afford to set them!

_25334.jpg

_25335.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
marymm|1418957340|3803984 said:
My gem wishes for the New Year also include finding just the right pair of dangly diamond earrings, but my master plan is for 2015 to be the Year of the Cabochon - I have so many beautiful cabs that are waiting for homes and I am determined to prioritize this - quite a few will go to Jill Anish.

I also have a very pretty piece of facet-grade Emerald (Chivor) rough from John Garsow that is demanding to be set in Krikawa's rustic Ancient Roman Style setting (http://www.krikawa.com/jewelry/body-of-work/details.aspx?style=1052).

And I have two sapphires (heat only) and a Burma jade (Grade A) that I'm sending to AGL in January - later in the year I may try to set these as well, depending on how they test out.

Oops, forgot to mention the deep golden South Sea Pearl necklace, just a single round in a gold snake chain - started looking around this fall but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for yet.. will contact TahitianPearls.biz in January and see if he can put something like this together for me. (I've already got the earrings, and every time I wear them I wish I already had this pearl necklace!)

Mary can you pleases share some pics of your cabs?? Would love to see them!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's mine!

CS wishes:
1. Buy a nice neon chrysoberyl...preferably in a cushion shape, 7-8mm. Highlighter yellow with a touch of green. Nope, not picky at all... :naughty:
2. That's it for loose stones! (Unless I see an unbeatable deal for cuprians, teal tourmalines or vanadium chrysoberyl..)

Jewelry wishes:
1. Set my loose stones (chrysoprase - pendant, amethyst and baby spinels - pendant, pink tourmaline - 3-stone ring with diamond baguettes)
2015group.jpg
2. Complete my projects that are already in progress: emerald dangly earrings, Afghan tourm ring in rose gold, OEC plat. solitaire with French cut sides, and a 32" rose gold DBTY necklace.

That's it. PLEASE HOLD ME TO THIS LIST! :-o My budget can't take any more, honestly :cheeky: :cheeky: I'm supposed to go on a much postponed honeymoon vacation to New Zealand in the spring so all my spare pennies are going towards that!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1418972288|3804082 said:
marymm|1418957340|3803984 said:

Mary can you pleases share some pics of your cabs?? Would love to see them!

hi ricezo - it's funny, I became a PSer in order to post in CS and back then I did post some pics of my CS pieces - over time, though, I have pretty much stopped posting pics of my CS stones/jewelry on PS - just a personal preference - thanks for your interest!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. Diamond necklace. Everyday type, slightly fancier than a solitaire.
2. Settings for everything in my gembox.
3. Reset two stones.

I am so tired of having a gembox that's overflowing! Ok, not really, but I don't like having loose stones floating around.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
FrekeChild|1419009078|3804248 said:
1. Diamond necklace. Everyday type, slightly fancier than a solitaire.
2. Settings for everything in my gembox.
3. Reset two stones.

I am so tired of having a gembox that's overflowing! Ok, not really, but I don't like having loose stones floating around.

You need help???

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
I have a pretty little 9 mm pink tourmaline I would like to set in the New Year. If anyone has any ideas as to how, I am all ears...

pink_tourmaline.jpg
pink_tourmaline.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are what I have planned so far:

1. Complete my EC diamond re-set project
2. A 17mm+ Danburite by Jeff White, still un-decided whether to have it as a round or a step cut
3. Set my Jeff Davies precision cut 6mm pink Spinel

And if budget allows:

4. A 10mm+ trillion blue Zircon by Jeff White and have it set

I shall also look for a couple of large pearls for my pendant project while out in HK visiting my folks and attend a jewellery and gemstone show.

DK :))

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168 said:
Here are what I have planned so far:

1. Complete my EC diamond re-set project
2. A 17mm+ Danburite by Jeff White, still un-decided whether to have it as a round or a step cut
3. Set my Jeff Davies precision cut 6mm pink Spinel

And if budget allows:

4. A 10mm+ trillion blue Zircon by Jeff White and have it set

I shall also look for a couple of large pearls for my pendant project while out in HK visiting my folks and attend a jewellery and gemstone show.

DK, are you planning to go to the March show? I haven't been to that one (it's a different organizer from the June, September and November shows) but I will probably be out of town that week. Would be great to have a report of the March one! [emoji16]

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
LoversKites|1418931216|3803729 said:
Preg, I hope you'll set your spinel soon. I always liked your stone.

Thanks LoversKites. Unfortunately, I already have 2 stones, and a set of pearls in my sights. I have to stop buying to set, but how is that going to happen?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No new gemstones for me in 2015, only setting projects:

_25368.jpg

_25369.jpg

_25370.jpg

_25371.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42,

The show I went to in 2013 was the HK International Jewellery Manufacturer's Show that was held at the end of November, and I plan to attend the next one in 2015.

I have not been to any other shows in HK as I normally go there in November when it is cooler in low to mid 20s degC. I shall be in my Hawaiian shirts and shorts when everyone else is wrapped up in woollen clothes and jumpers. I had even seen peeps in their fur coats!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like to add a pair of small diamond huggies, and some CS studs to go with an existing pair of diamond jackets, and may be a new pair of diamond jackets for more informal occasions.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Both of the tourmalines from Gene are amazing.

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
I think I want to:

1. decide on a setting for my star rose quartz;
2. find a very large white south sea pearl for pendant, and mount my current pendant pearl in a ring;
3. get a ring with tapered baguette sides and an aquamarine/zircon/tourmaline center in emerald/round/cushion shape;
4. get a pair of small studs...haven't decided on the stones.

I am also thinking about just combining 1 and 3...

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Barry has a pair of nice rose star Quartz for earrings

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you pregcurious! The pair is lovely but I am afraid it's too big for my earlobes...

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd love to get just one or two things next year (more would be awesome too!). I keep a sort of wish list in my head:

The diamond/ruby necklace at my favorite local jeweler.
A basic pair of diamond studs.
A bracelet. Probably not the diamond one or the diamond & sapphire one but there were a couple of cute simple ones that I'd love for everyday wear.
A few cute stacker rings. Nothing fancy. Just something fun until I get to a good weight so I feel good about getting some nice eternity bands.

Also:
Lose enough weight and/or re-size my sapphire & diamond ring.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom,

were did you buy the Rhodolite!!!???? I love the light color...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results