shape
carat
color
clarity

Gem Shopping Network: Friend or foe?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blue Eyes

Shiny_Rock
My new obsession is pressing my cold, wet, jewelry-obsessed nose to the TV to view the Gem Shopping Network. Their jewels and positioning statement that they "fill a niche in the marketplace with their medium to high-end jewelry gives me pause. They maintain that really high-end jewelry in the retail marketplace is becoming scarce. Their claim is that folks have gotten smarter about mark-ups and are finding other outlets from where they can get fabulous jewelry.

Their hosts seem to know their stuff and they boast that they also manufacture their pieces.

What''s the scoop? I am looking for a few select pieces and would like to think their claims to not "sell junk" are true.

Does anyone know anything about the Gem Shopping Network, or better yet, had dealings with them?

in_need_of_help

Shiny_Rock
I too was hooked for a few days.

Ben is a character and I don't know what he is saying half of the time.

I looked into a few threads on gems in PS and came across this website: http://www.ajsgems.com/index.htm

The prices seem better than gem shopping net. I am not sure about the difference in cut/clarity quality.

Keep in mind that I am no expert.

I like to watch the network just for educational purposes.

Good luck.

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
That's funny, because in addition to being an animated cowardly Great Dane on a hugely popular and completely captivating cartoon, I am also a host on the Gem Shopping Network! Yes, that's me in the red pleather bodysuit with the word "WRATH" on the front!
9.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FOE! Er... FOES, all of them... hands down.

Ok, at least my foes
2.gif
After the first attempt to buy some jewelry online, most would find out how hard it is to get the right impression of a piece on screen and paper. At least an online offer would let you see the picture for as long as you wish and communicate with a seller, instead of staring helplessly to some salesperson shining the stuff between too carefully chosen words! Ugh
sick.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I save small, injured Hobbits from big bad Ring Wraiths by calling the forces of Nature to swell rivers and wash the bad guys away!
appl.gif
I'm sure you've seen my work on the big screen, playing world wide!!
16.gif

And, in my spare time, I too hawk jewelry on the Home Shopping Shows. I trade in my crown for a Paste Tiara that you too can buy for only 3 small payments of $39.95, plus shipping and handling.
9.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
*bump*

Anyone else w/info or exp. w/ Gem Shopping Network??... Some of these pieces look so gorgeous!! Hvr, the prices do seem a bit high. Not in the business, but as a black-belt shopper I can usually intuit a BS price.

It is entertaining and great for ideas & eye candy, esp. for colored stones, vintage, estate items.
41.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, what an old thread, CG I miss you!!!! Bodysuits. The Mystery Machine was never the same again...

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
yeah, i guess i''ve blown the dust off a few this week. lol!

just wondering - is it preferable to exhume a thread ''of a certain age'' or to start another fresh(and possibly redundant) one?

i always assumed it''s better to reanimate the dead but exactly what the etiquette is, i''m not completely sure.
33.gif

victoriaingram

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/30/2003 10:18:07 PM
Author:Blue Eyes
My new obsession is pressing my cold, wet, jewelry-obsessed nose to the TV to view the Gem Shopping Network. Their jewels and positioning statement that they ''fill a niche in the marketplace with their medium to high-end jewelry gives me pause. They maintain that really high-end jewelry in the retail marketplace is becoming scarce. Their claim is that folks have gotten smarter about mark-ups and are finding other outlets from where they can get fabulous jewelry.

Their hosts seem to know their stuff and they boast that they also manufacture their pieces.

What''s the scoop? I am looking for a few select pieces and would like to think their claims to not ''sell junk'' are true.

Does anyone know anything about the Gem Shopping Network, or better yet, had dealings with them?
This place is the real deal. I have been buying from them for over two years now. They recently started carrying some of the lines on closeout that I purchased in the past from Neiman Marcus. They are usually half the price of the stores, and they definately have the best quality on television. I tried a few items on another channel, but their diamonds weren''t as stated, and their rings were thin gold. My only problem Gem Shopping is that they are too addictive and I keep buying too much. By the way, my husband bought me a strand of magnficent baroque Tahitian black pearls for Christmas for $675. My appraiser appraised them for $5500. I have seen nothing out there for less than $3500. Going on, one great thing about the company is their return policy. I buy from Cartier on occasion and they only give store credits. If I don''t something at Gem Shopping I have no problem getting a return or credit. Their customer service department excellent. i am a fan for life.
36.gif

victoriaingram

Rough_Rock
I wondered what happend to Rod. I remember him on Gem Shopping. Actually, I used to change the channel when he was on. He''s too hyper for me, and I didn''t feel that he
was as honest as the other show hosts. Perhaps that''s why he''s gone?

A word of advice, don''t buy anything from a shopping channel that doesn''t offer
appraisals from graduate gemologists and full refunds. Victoria
36.gif

victoriaingram

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/8/2005 1:28:58 AM
Author: kaylagee
*bump*

Anyone else w/info or exp. w/ Gem Shopping Network??... Some of these pieces look so gorgeous!! Hvr, the prices do seem a bit high. Not in the business, but as a black-belt shopper I can usually intuit a BS price.

It is entertaining and great for ideas & eye candy, esp. for colored stones, vintage, estate items.
41.gif
As I posted on another post, these are the best guys on television, and I have
purchased from them for two years now. They have clean diamonds unlike the
other channels, and their prices are half or less than the retail stores. I buy
everything from them now. Victoria
36.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
there''s a gorge tsavorite and diamond necklace on right now..swoon. drool!
3.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2006 7:04:49 PM
Author: kaylagee
there''s a gorge tsavorite and diamond necklace on right now..swoon. drool!
3.gif
Hi, Kaylagee...I rushed over and turned on the TV, but missed it. They were still talking about it though...

I used to be addicted to GSN, but less so now. I do try to catch the antique/estate guy who is on usually every other weekend, though. They certainly have better merchandise than the other "home shopping" networks.

I think there are some bargains on that channel, and a few ripoffs, too. The trick is to figure out which is which!
5.gif

widget

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I enjoy watching all the jewelry shopping channels just because I like seeing jewelry. Some pieces are pretty bad but I considere it part of educating myself, like here at ps.

showhoster33

Rough_Rock
For "ROD" to make you feel the need to change the channel why worry what happened to him?? Maybe "ROD" wouldn''t let you shop with him anymore due in fact you like to be carressed with "STEVE''S" honesty?? With a quick first glance you appear intelligent. A very quick glance!!
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results