shape
carat
color
clarity

Gauging Demand for Modern Cushions

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all, I'm not sure if this should go in the Preloved Forum or here, so if I'm in the wrong place, I will request that this thread be moved to its proper location.

I've been intermittently lurking around both RT and Preloved to try to figure this out, but I figured, why not just put it out there and ask! My previous engagement unfortunately did not work out, but we're still on good terms, and he is in possession of the ring. He isn't as familiar with diamonds and the diamond market as I am, but he is thinking about selling the ring, and I offered to help as much as possible. The ring is an 8-main cushion, 2.09ct, J/VVS2, 1:1 ratio, and either very good or excellent symmetry and polish. We bought it from ERD It is set in a custom JbEG solitaire in platinum, and it could be sold as is, or sold separately as loose stone and setting. We paid 11K for the diamond, around 2.5K for the setting.

My question for everyone is, what is the demand for these types of cushions nowadays? It was hard finding this stone 2 years ago, and with the surge in vintage and antique stones, I wonder if there is a market for this. I know we could just go ahead and post the stone on DB or present this to a vendor, but I'd like to get an idea of whether it'd sell quickly and what is a fair asking price for a stone like this. Any thought would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is absolutely a good idea to go ahead and list on diamond bistro and try to sell it yourself first since there is no commission. 8 main cushions are popular as well as the antique style. I'd try that for a month and see if you get offers. If not, then you could try consigning with JBEG. Sorry to hear your plans didn't work, but it really is nice to hear you had an amicable split.

I do recommend that you use one of the PS appraisers to verify that the stone is still in the condition on the grading report, and also they can hold the ring until payment is received and then send the ring to the buyer. I am pretty sure Neil Beatty does this and maybe others as well. That protects buyer and seller.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results