shape
carat
color
clarity

GAS GRILLS?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
We have a weber genesis. Although due to beinge exposed to way more sociology than a person needs ,we named our Grill Max. (yes we also proununce it Vay-ber! LOL)

As for grilling chicken, I like to marinate it in a bit of olive oil, wine, grated ginger, green onion and sesame seeds. As the seeds roast on the grill, it gives the bird a nutty taste.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Hey Mara,

We tried the foil packets for corn on the cob on the grill yesterday, and they were great! It kept the corn much jucier than if we put them directly on the grills, and cooking them in the husks is pain compared to this.

Thanks for the new tip...
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lop, very cool!
2.gif
Yes I am all about holding in the juices...hehee.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi gals, long time no see, hope you're all doing well.

I'm also in the market for a gas grill so I was happy to stumble upon this thread. Like Mara, I use the foil method quite a bit. For scouts, we actually cook a full meal in a packet that way and it turns out perfect everytime.
1.gif
I was at Lowe's checking out a few grills. I think I will settle for the mid ranged one (actually a bit "high" to be mid ranged to me but oh well.....)...it is $399, stainless steel with the extra burner and I think it is a Char Broil. I'll double check the brochure. I like the drawer below the burners and the concealed doors for the tank which also houses the drip pan. Mostly I was attracted to the stainless steel grates which look like they will not corrode easily. Darn is it heavy though.....

F&I I will also check out Costco here to see what they have. Thanks for all the great cooking tips everyone.
1.gif

Mara, I don't think I ever got a chance to officially welcome you back as a new Mrs., as I have been sooo busy with the construction, I've only had time to pop in and out. I've peeped into your wedding thread and enjoyed the pictures. Congratulations again.
1.gif
BTW, we have tri tip here, lots of it. I mostly see it at Costco. There is also a cut from there called flap steak (NOT flank) and it is just as good. I use it to add to my homemade chili and my husband loves the chunks of meat.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Hi Kam! Long time no see.

As noted by another poster, the June 2004 issue of Consumer Guide rated that Charbroil (and the similar Thermos - Target) as the best buy for entry level stainless grills. I've got mixed reviews about Consumer Guides reviews. But, they do rate the current gas grills on the market. The reason we did not go with that one is that I could not understand how the design could cook evenly. If you look at how far the heat source is from the burner on that vs. many others, you will see what I mean.

Stainless steel was an issue for me as well. It's just too cool looking! Costco has about three SS to choose from. In retrospect, I think I should have seriously considered the Weber Silver Genis (the better one of A or B). I have not heard a single bad word about performance. The features it offered for the price was not a good value. Also, Lowes has a Coleman for about $280.00 that was also a close second. It wasn't stainless - but it did get Consumer Guide's Best Buy recommendation over all.

It's a tad too early to absolutely tell; but, we are pleased. Not estatic - but pleased.

Funny, like my follow NSCU Wolfpacker mentioned, our little tailgate one we use in our second home, is a pretty good performer! So, I'm definitely of the mind that what you spend doesn't gaurantee performance.

Regarding the corn - first, I just can't picture California having great fresh corn like we have here in the Southeast.
wink2.gif
9.gif
The corn is so good here sans anything. Second, how long to you cook the corn in the foil on the grill?

No tri-tip here. I will have to check out Costco though. I, too, prefer the leaner meats of top round & sirloin. Though my best bet would be the grocery store w/ union meat cutters. I'll have to check it out. You have peaked my curiosity.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 6/29/2004 4:09:17 PM Mara wrote:

Corn is about 15 minutes maybe..depending on your heat and what else you are cooking.

I found this diagram for beef lovers who want more info:

http://www.muscletech.com/FEATURES/KNOW_ABOUT_BEEF/Beef_Cuts.shtml

I know that Tri-Tip (looks like its in the Round section) is very lean...which is why I love it.
----------------

My guess is we may be talking about the same thing. Tri being a tad more specific. Yeah, I'm not a prime rib fan. All that fat gives me the willies. But, put a big ole slab anytime in front of my hubby.

Though I did buy a whole lion not peeled the other day - WOW! We've had two meals & that meat is to die for. We bought it at Tom Leonard's. It's a chain new to our area. Any one else have one in their town?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
BTW, the Costco Stainless Steel version has a Rotesserie. Haven't used it yet - but want to try it out - I'm just trying for it not to be *my* grill!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results