shape
carat
color
clarity

Gailey''s Pandora''s Box

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 7:17:56 AM
Author: bookworm240
Love the morganite...I have been looking for a simillar shade! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Bookworm, not an easy shade to find. The people that have similar shades are:
Roger Dery He has that killer morganite asscher. I don''t know if he has more rough or not. His stones are available through an accreddited re-seller, such as Wink Jones

Moriarty has a particularly nice trillion

Paraiba may have some contenders that fit. I particularly like the square princess (8.74 cts)

Good luck in your search.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 8:06:11 AM
Author: Chrono
Gailey,
Thank you for taking the time to take individual pictures. I’m not sure if I can pick a favourite but I think it would be the phrenite. It has that lovely watery translucent look that I am very partial to. The “inclusions” on the morganite to the right look more like something was on your camera lense at that time. As for the amethyst, I have no idea how to capture the red and blue flash myself so it always ends up looking like a blah plain looking purple stone.
You''re welcome Chrono. Yes the prehnite is up there and I wouldn''t mind more of that material. I first noticed Canukgal''s gorgeous ring, but didn''t think much of it after that, I never saw any stones available. Then I saw a stunning piece that my jeweller had created. It was too elaborate for me, but he said he had a whole parcel of them, so I picked this baby out.

I might try again with the amethyst when the sun is going down and the light is a more rosy colour. If not, then I am back to the indoor thing again and I think I will struggle again. I wish I could find the manual for the damn camera, then I could try manual settings.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 8:58:48 AM
Author: D&T
They are all so gorgeous - I love the citrine asscher it''s fantastic!
D&T, thank you. Yes, my citrine asscher is certainly my "jewel in the crown" of my collection. In many ways it''s my favourite, mostly because it was my first Peter Torraca stone. He is hugely talented and just a super guy, definitely more PT gems in my future! You''ll find more shots in the stickied Vendor Pics thread at the top of Coloured Stones.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Couple more before I go to work. Here''s one of the two Malaya Garnets from Multicolour:

Malaya Garnet Oval.JPG

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
And here''s the heart. This stone actually made it''s way into a bezel. The project hasn''t been finished because the heart immediately went dark on one side in the bezel, so it''s back on the drawing board. I think you need exceptionally cut stones for bezels. The colour is lovely, but the cut is not.

Malaya Garnet Heart.JPG

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I
30.gif
your prehnite and morganites Gailey!
36.gif
Thank you for sharing!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous prehnite! I love mine and wear it all the time....too those morganite pears are very desirable!!!!

cheers--Sharon

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THANK YOU for sharing your lovely lovely lovely collection with us. I too love the asscher. But I can''t wait to see better photos of the Amyth. I bet it''s a stunner too.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gailey,
Thank you for sharing pictures of your lovely collection. You make me feel so unorganized. My gem box is a nightmare!!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 9:59:48 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Gorgeous prehnite! I love mine and wear it all the time....too those morganite pears are very desirable!!!!

cheers--Sharon
Thanks Sharon. When I get my prehnite set we could both wear them to the Farmers Market and play hunt the prehnite!!

Thought you might like my Morganites! The supplier is back in town in November I believe - just in time for Christmas! Another reknowned lapidarist is coming in September. Not sure if I am alllowed to publish details though. If you are interested I will ask Andrey to relay a message to you.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 5:11:52 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
THANK YOU for sharing your lovely lovely lovely collection with us. I too love the asscher. But I can''t wait to see better photos of the Amyth. I bet it''s a stunner too.
Thanks Stonehunter - won''t be until the weekend, this week is manic!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 9:27:50 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Gailey,
Thank you for sharing pictures of your lovely collection. You make me feel so unorganized. My gem box is a nightmare!!
Come on now TL - I''ve shown you mine, you gotta show me yours!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Gailey!! You have fabulous stones!! They are absolutely gorgeous!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Mochi, sorry honey - I missed your reply. Thank you so much, praise from you is praise indeed! I will try and take better shots of my amethyst and peridot this weekend. Watch this space.

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 9:36:30 AM
Author: Gailey
And here''s the heart. This stone actually made it''s way into a bezel. The project hasn''t been finished because the heart immediately went dark on one side in the bezel, so it''s back on the drawing board. I think you need exceptionally cut stones for bezels. The colour is lovely, but the cut is not.

I''m sorry to hear about the setting troubles, but I really, really love the heart. And I don''t normally care for heart-cuts. But that one is just a perfect color.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fabulous Collection!!
30.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2009 10:52:52 AM
Author: QueenB29

Date: 7/20/2009 9:36:30 AM

I''m sorry to hear about the setting troubles, but I really, really love the heart. And I don''t normally care for heart-cuts. But that one is just a perfect color.
Thank you Beth, it really is a pretty little stone. I am going to see what it looks like in a prong setting next and if that doesn''t work, then I will just take it out from time to time and look at it. There''s a whole thread here somewhere with heart cut stones, maybe it will convert you - it did me!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2009 11:00:55 AM
Author: cushioncutnut
What a fabulous Collection!!
30.gif
Gosh thanks CCN. I''m not sure fabulous is the right word for it, but nevertheless it was nice of you to call it so. Now Mochi has a truly fabulous collection!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, how did I miss this thread!
6.gif

Gailey, you have such gorgeous gemstones collection! I am green with envy! Esp. love the prehnite and morganite!
30.gif
18.gif
30.gif

Love the idea of that gem box. Now I am going to look for one too!
3.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2009 12:25:06 PM
Author: megeve
Wow, how did I miss this thread!
6.gif

Gailey, you have such gorgeous gemstones collection! I am green with envy! Esp. love the prehnite and morganite!
30.gif
18.gif
30.gif

Love the idea of that gem box. Now I am going to look for one too!
3.gif
Thanks Megeve - I think the box makes the stones look very prestigious, I must admit. But just buy a small box OK? The temptation to fill the empty slots is compelling!

BTW, what''s the latest on your delivery? What did you decide?

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2009 11:38:01 PM

BTW, what's the latest on your delivery? What did you decide?
Good morning, Gailey
35.gif

I am too busy to post right now but will do it tomorrow! Watch my thread!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Gailey, wow, what an amazing collection you have. I love calling it Pandora''s Box.

Is it about the heart you wanted some thoughts on? I was so distracted by all your lovely pieces ... you have so many beauties!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Morning Gypsy, how are you feeling this morning?

It wasn''t the heart, although all ideas are welcome. When I get in from work tonight - or maybe tomorrow if I''m beat, I''m going to take more pictures of my peridot, that one''s missing because I didn''t like the way they turned out. I''m thinking of maybe doing something "Papal" with it and the two cushion amethyst that you see earlier in the thread. But I''ll photograph them together and see what you (and everyone else thinks).

Try and have a good day!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m better this morning Gailey. Much better. And no pain killers needed yet! YAY, that''s actually a serious imporvement over the last few months, so many my MD''s treatment is really working. Thank you for asking.

Would love to see the pics you have planned. Can''t wait! Projects are always so much fun!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 8:06:11 AM
Author: Chrono
Gailey,

Thank you for taking the time to take individual pictures. I’m not sure if I can pick a favourite but I think it would be the phrenite. It has that lovely watery translucent look that I am very partial to.

Ditto! I think this is my favorite, as well. What a lovely collection you have. Thanks for sharing with us
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gailey, I love that Prehnite. I''m always too late for the Gemtrader''s goodies.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Harriet and Icekid

You know H, I could show you a whole bunch of beautiful Prehnite - but you''d have to come to Calgary!

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for showing us your great collection. Do you have a photo of the emerald cut spinel, 3rd row?

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2009 9:32:28 PM
Author: klewis
Thanks for showing us your great collection. Do you have a photo of the emerald cut spinel, 3rd row?
I''m sorry klewis, I can''t post any photos of the spinels or talk about them further because they are synthetic and as such not allowed. But if you were checking out Peter Toracca''s photoblog on Flickr, you will find it.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2009 11:07:26 PM
Date: 7/25/2009 9:32:28 PM

Author: klewis

I''m sorry klewis, I can''t post any photos of the spinels or talk about them further because they are synthetic and as such not allowed. But if you were checking out Peter Toracca''s photoblog on Flickr, you will find it.
OK, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results