shape
carat
color
clarity

G marquise very good cut strong flouresence

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Hi. Have inherited a beautiful marquise very good cut vvs2 g color stone. Strong fluorescence.
I went into a jewelry store today, and my beautiful ring looked cloudy and dull. In any other setting it looks beautiful. I’m at a loss for words?
Can 907252E9-9085-492B-B76F-265645CA6ECD.jpeg anyone explain this? Could it be that the diamonds that the jeweller had was much better stones?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Was it clean?
That would be my first thought.

Same. How often do you clean it? I find that even after a day or so my diamond is looking duller, especially if you use lotions or hand sanitizer

I clean mine in an ultrasonic or gently brush it with a toothbrush and Dawn every few days (or sometimes everyday) to keep it as sparkly as possible!

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
I had the jeweler clean it. I had been at the park with my grandson, and it did look better, but not as good as compared to his small diamonds in bands I was trying on.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could the lighting have done something to make the strong blue look cloudy? I thought that only happened with UV? Since OP says it doesn't look that way in other places, I'm just wondering about the jeweler's lighting. Anyone have an opinion that this?
also, small round stones in a band could appear more sparkly just because of the size, vs. your marquise. It could also just be the nature of the two different cuts. Again, just a guess here.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Trick lighting favored the smaller stones.
It is also directional so unless the stones are side by side they will be catching different lighting.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Round diamonds throw off a lot of sparkle. Not an expert but I think what you were seeing is the difference between the two shapes. I hope you don't let this keep you from enjoying your beautiful heirloom. I love marquise diamonds and your ring is gorgeous!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
If it makes you feel better I went to a few jewelry stores today and I swear the lighting is designed to make your diamonds look as ugly as possible :lol:

It was certainly the worst my OMC has ever looked!

You have a lovely heirloom. Just keep it clean and don’t let comparison be the thief of joy!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is amazing. Truly amazing. Clean it frequently and enjoy it to the max. Recently I went to a jewelry store to see some studs and I was wearing my VVS2, E, Triple Ex, Hearts and Arrows, no fluor diamond and it literally looked terrible in there. Even DH noticed and made a comment about it. I have no idea why this happened! So don't let that incident influence your feelings about your ring. Congrats on owning such a beautiful heirloom!

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all. I went into Tiffanys today to check out the lighting, because this made me crazy. My ring looked better , especially in certain sections than in the original jewelers….

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results