carat
color
clarity

G, H, I color sensitivity ...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good point Sara.

... and some prefer lower color because it allows them to get a larger stone for the same budget, not because they actually prefer the lower color.
The only way to know what they would truly prefer is to see what they'd select if all color grades were the same price.

Sometimes I wonder if nature provided us the reverse and most diamonds were colorless and the yellowish/brown/grey ones were rare if we'd pay more for and desire the later.
Rarity, marketing and price mess with how our brains determine desirability.

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/12/2010 1:54:50 AM
Author: kenny

So true.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good point Sara.

... and some prefer lower color because it allows them to get a larger stone for the same budget, not because they actually prefer the lower color.

The only way to know what they would truly prefer is to see what they''d select if all color grades were the same price.

Sometimes I wonder if nature provided us the reverse and most diamonds were colorless and the yellowish/brown/grey ones were rare if we''d pay more for and desire the later.

I agree kenny - for me when picking a diamond after cut is clarity only because I have a line... then the biggest I can find no matter the color... I would have gone lower than a J :)

wishingstar

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/12/2010 2:57:56 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

Good point Sara.

The only way to know what they would truly prefer is to see what they''d select if all color grades were the same price.

Sometimes I wonder if nature provided us the reverse and most diamonds were colorless and the yellowish/brown/grey ones were rare if we''d pay more for and desire the later.

I agree kenny - for me when picking a diamond after cut is clarity only because I have a line... then the biggest I can find no matter the color... I would have gone lower than a J :)
you stone is beautiful and very white.
30.gif
I think I would love the AVC in a very warm color as well since it is vintage looking. I will soon find out if I enjoy the same warmth in a RB. what is your clarity cut off?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you :) but I don't think it's that white... it's a very low J and you can see every bit of its color in that cut I think. In rounds you can hide so much because of their amazing brilliance. That is, if you want to hide it. Occasionally I will see my stone through a D-snob's eyes and I have this flicker of it isn't good enough - but I know that that is just (like kenny was saying above) a marketing ploy and the lower colored stones are as if not more beautiful than the clear ones. You have to really embrace the color - not just tolerate it. When I look at my stone I see antique lace - ivory perfection. People should be able to prefer D or M without society making the claim that one is "better" than the other. It's an opinion and not a blanket truth.

ETA - when I say a D-snob I don't mean someone who prefers D over the warmer stones... I mean someone who still embraces the mentality that they are inherently superior lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results