shape
carat
color
clarity

Funny things you have Googled

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This morning our youngest son asked me a question and I didn’t have the answer so had to look it up.

Do chickens fart?

That got me to thinking that there are probably some funny things PS’ers have Googled. If you looked at my search history you would know I am a mom of boys who never cease to ask the most curious questions :lol:

What are some funny things you have searched?

By the way in case you’re curious, chickens do fart, sometimes several times a day!

FFA8F487-C762-4438-A520-FE75B16789DB.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This morning our youngest son asked me a question and I didn’t have the answer so had to look it up.

Do chickens fart?

That got me to thinking that there are probably some funny things PS’ers have Googled. If you looked at my search history you would know I am a mom of boys who never cease to ask the most curious questions :lol:

What are some funny things you have searched?

By the way in case you’re curious, chickens do fart, sometimes several times a day!

FFA8F487-C762-4438-A520-FE75B16789DB.jpeg

@YadaYadaYada Everyone farts! :lol: I’ve looked up lots of weird stuff that I can’t put on here! Hahaha
I read yesterday that some people had their search history show up on their contacts phones. I would be mortified! I actually won’t Google things that I wouldn’t want anyone to see.
I actually had something like that happen to me. I Googled a shy bladder…:lol:I had somehow sent my son, husband and daughter-in-law a link to it! I heard hysterical laughter in the next room..My whole family was laughing at me...OMG..Can you imagine if it was an acquaintance? I still don’t know how that happened!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee, it was really too funny that he came out with this out of the blue. Of course that turned into “do chickens have butts?” It’s all about parts and bodily functions with boys!

oh my, shy bladder….good thing it was just the family! I’m sure there are mortifying things I’ve looked up too, nothing super interesting, like you won’t find “places to buy a vinyl body suit” or anything like that. More like “how do I get sticker residue off a shirt” :D

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee, it was really too funny that he came out with this out of the blue. Of course that turned into “do chickens have butts?” It’s all about parts and bodily functions with boys!

oh my, shy bladder….good thing it was just the family! I’m sure there are mortifying things I’ve looked up too, nothing super interesting, like you won’t find “places to buy a vinyl body suit” or anything like that. More like “how do I get sticker residue off a shirt” :D

I have three boys..all grown now.. so I know! My oldest asked me questions I had to look up all the time! :lol: The only thing was that we didn’t have cell phones to look them up!

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Just remember.. you asked.. Thank you Tik Tok..

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@blingmeupscotty, I had no idea! That is fascinating and gross all at the same time!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Only use natural vanilla! Eeewww! I don’t think they use it anymore except for perfumes and candles. Burning Beaver butt doesn’t sound like a candle I would want to burn though!

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
@blingmeupscotty, I had no idea! That is fascinating and gross all at the same time!

Last night I was watching tik tok before bed..hubby looked it up.. we died laughing.. I'm like no way is that in our food..thank god I use real vanilla in everything LOLOLOL.. we were horrified and could not stop lol'ing.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@YadaYadaYada I just remembered one question my middle guy asked me. He wanted to know if animals had wee wees. He used the correct term though! Haha

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chickens fart out of the same orifice they lay eggs from - the cloaca. Or so I was told by my anatomy prof who who had a farm. And clock was the name given to the main Roman sewer. All good chicken trivia.

The last weird thing I googled was "Don Draper in the small airplane". I wanted this particular photo for a poster ID.
hqdefault.jpg

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@doberman, huh, I am learning a lot about chickens today and to always buy natural vanilla extract!

Absolutely! (Real vanilla) I even have some vanilla beans. Also, real maple syrup, not that high fructose corn syrup glop. But I'm a purist. Maybe that's why I prefer real stones as opposed to lab stones.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone remember the days before computers? We had Encyclopedia Britannica and World Book at home and always looked stuff up or had to go to the Library to find the answers. Good times lol. Now it's so easy. It's like magic. :)

wheniwasakidthiswasgoogle.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone remember the days before computers? We had Encyclopedia Britannica and World Book at home and always looked stuff up or had to go to the Library to find the answers. Good times lol. Now it's so easy. It's like magic. :)

wheniwasakidthiswasgoogle.jpg

When I was a kid I loved our encyclopedia!
In the back of each book, there were condensed versions of classic books, too.
I "used" them to do book reports!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just had to google how much urine i needed to collect from my dog for a urinalysis since I was barely able to get any from him (even sneaking up from behind) and I got sick of following him around with a cup.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just had to google how much urine i needed to collect from my dog for a urinalysis since I was barely able to get any from him (even sneaking up from behind) and I got sick of following him around with a cup.

Bailey’s vet would collect Bailey’s urine with a ladle! He didn’t even know she was collecting it. I was amazed at how she would then walk with it without spilling anything... You dont need that much..Obviously she didn’t cook with hers..hahaha

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bailey’s vet would collect Bailey’s urine with a ladle! He didn’t even know she was collecting it. I was amazed at how she would then walk with it without spilling anything... You dont need that much..Obviously she didn’t cook with hers..hahaha

Actually that was one of the suggestions I found when googling, but since I only have one ladle, which I need for cooking, I decided a plastic cup would have to do. =)2

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lookinagain, this is not easy but I’ve been there. I was able to catch him midstream with a cup but it took many many attempts. I hope you find a method that works!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just remember.. you asked.. Thank you Tik Tok..

DH and I were talking about vanilla, imitation vanilla, and artificial vanilla just the other day! Ewwww! Slightly relieved to find another article (that doesn't want my email so I could read more) saying it is more likely in perfume not food. My mom and grandma use fake stuff :oops2:

https://www.allrecipes.com/article/vanilla-beaver-castoreum/

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How many zeros in a billion? :lol: turns out we never got that high in school maths….

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had Encyclopedia Britannica and World Book at home and always looked stuff up or had to go to the Library to find the answers.

Oh rich kid! We every one except Britannica. Or maybe we're just provincial; we had Americana.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh rich kid! We every one except Britannica. Or maybe we're just provincial; we had Americana.

Haha hardly. But my parents always believed (and rightly so) education is everything. Everything.
My (many generations removed) family went through the Holocaust. As a jewish person I know at any time we can lose everything. I see how hate is rising against many groups but jews in particular. The one thing we can never have taken away from us is our education. Period.

From my perspective, it is sad how today not much has changed at all. :(

Education in the key to preventing the cycle of violence and hatred that marred the 20th century from repeating itself in the 21st century.
-Elie Wiesel

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
– Nelson Mandela

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The one thing we can never have taken away from us is our education. Period.

I understand. My (late) Dad would take a random-letter (!) volume off the shelf and just sit down and start reading. Knowledge was everything.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How many zeros in a billion? :lol: turns out we never got that high in school maths….

I would have to look this up too! My husband would know without looking but he is a math brain.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

There are 9 zeros in a billion.
I love math.
And I love billions.
:)

1,000,000,000 = one billion

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I understand. My (late) Dad would take a random-letter (!) volume off the shelf and just sit down and start reading. Knowledge was everything.

OMG same. My dad loves to read. He reads history books for fun. LOL.
Knowledge is power and the learning never stops.

quotes-about-life-knowledge.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha I forgot about one of my more recent funny googling experiences.
I googled how long does it take prometrium to dissolve when inserted rectally. Yup. Can’t make this stuff up.
This is my life. :lol:

Good luck finding that in the Encyclopedia Britannica. :kiss:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I bet medical questions are really common but at the same time can be so embarrassing right? Years ago I had a Bartholin’s cyst and I Googled about it and up came some rather graphic images :???:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I bet medical questions are really common but at the same time can be so embarrassing right? Years ago I had a Bartholin’s cyst and I Googled about it and up came some rather graphic images :???:

Ouch! And Ewww!
Good news.is that the search seems to make graphic pictures less prominent. I got a lot of text and a diagram or two. No yucky photos unless you really scroll through results :eek-2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient that is good news, this was a couple of years ago. Maybe in the future I won’t scroll too far for medical stuff.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results