shape
carat
color
clarity

Funeral Attire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jo

Shiny_Rock
My mother-in-law passed away (thank you all in advance for your condolences)I need to find something to wear for the funeral. Do you think I need to wear a skirt? I''m attaching a couple of St John outfits. I''m liking the idea of a knit suit because I''ll be packing it and traveling.

My husband I will also be hosting a dinner at Tavern on the Green and I was hoping to wear the same thing.

So...skirt or pantsuit?

NM-0VH1_mn.jpg

Here''s the skirt option.

NM-19MZ_mn.jpg

Very sorry about the loss of your MIL. I would go with the skirt option. It is a timeless style and, I think, most appropriate for the funeral and the dinner.

Second the skirt.

But I must tell you the last ones I have attended...blue jeans and work clothes stained and flip flops and sweat suits were worn. Cami tops with out bras and sundresses...yes, I took notes.

I am a traditionalist...job interviews, doctor appt, airline flights, and memorial or funeral I dress. I don''t think it matters how close the deceased is to you...it is just respectful to pay more attention to attire. Don''t be surprised to see any of the aforementioned. But you will be most appropriate in your skirt.

My condolences...I hope you husband experiences love and support from everyone around him. It is a terrible thing to loose a parent.

Thanks so much for your thoughts.

And thanks again for you input on the clothing. Okay, I will move forward with the skirt concept.

My condolences to you and your family.

I''d wear the skirt... Love St John always classic.

I am so sorry Jo! My thoughts are with you and your family. I think both choices would be lovely.

Date: 1/12/2008 9:51:11 AM
Author: BizouMom
Very sorry about the loss of your MIL. I would go with the skirt option. It is a timeless style and, I think, most appropriate for the funeral and the dinner.
I like the skirt option too... and agree it''s timeless and appropriate. I''m so sorry for your loss.

Date: 1/12/2008 2:58:49 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
Second the skirt.

But I must tell you the last ones I have attended...blue jeans and work clothes stained and flip flops and sweat suits were worn. Cami tops with out bras and sundresses...yes, I took notes.

I am a traditionalist...job interviews, doctor appt, airline flights, and memorial or funeral I dress. I don't think it matters how close the deceased is to you...it is just respectful to pay more attention to attire. Don't be surprised to see any of the aforementioned. But you will be most appropriate in your skirt.

My condolences...I hope you husband experiences love and support from everyone around him. It is a terrible thing to loose a parent.

Firstly my condolences to you both
7.gif

I like both options but I prefer the skirt you may find you feel overdressed, the last few funerals I have attended very few people wore black, but like DKS I have a traditionalist view and I think it is a mark of respect to the person.

First of all, my condolences to you and your husband.

2nd. I just attended a funeral last week. I was shocked at how casually people dressed...not quite flip flops but certainly a good amount of jeans. The people closest to the deceased however were more dressed up--but they were all wearing pants...even the women. I wore a black pantsuit with a teal shirt under it and I felt overdressed.

I think either outfit will be just fine...go with whatever you''re most comfortable wearing and which one you''ll get the most use out of down the road.

So sorry for your Loss Jo
emrose.gif
. I also think the skirt is the most appropriate attire for such an occasion.

My condolences & I agree re: skirt option. I typically wear something like black pinstriped dress pants and a black fitted sweater with black closed toe heels. I can''t imagine seeing people in flip flops and shorts etc...the last few I have been to, there was none of that going on. And this is California, the land of the super casual. Shocking!

I am sorry for your loss.

I like the skirt. It''s classy but still appropriate for a funeral and you can get some additional wear out of the skirt. The suit is more somber and intense than it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP