shape
carat
color
clarity

Fun visit to Whiteflash!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

guslik

Shiny_Rock
Well, after searching for the perfect stone it came down to Whiteflash expert selection .
I called Denise about a stone I was interested in and ask to come and take a look at it (lucky me, I live in Houston). I meat with Brian and spent 2.5 hours in his office looking at diamonds. Well let me tell you, Brian is so passionate about diamonds he explained to me everything I wanted to know in DETAILS! He showed me I don’t know how many stones to compare color/clarity. I’ve seen 2 diamonds that had the same color grade on the certificate but looked so different.
Not all diamonds of the same color facing up the same, that is where an expert eye is important!! I got to see and HOLD 7.51ct G/VVS1 A CUT ABOVE stone. WHAT A GORGEOUS MONSTER!!
3.gif

I’ve seen a 3.052 J/SI1 A CUT ABOVE stone – facing up COMPLETELY eye clean and bright white! (Medium Blue Fluorescence really helps)- FYI - MARA
31.gif
2.gif

I have seen whiteflash platinum mountings and WOW they are so well made and heavy.
I had a lot of fun, poor hubby had to babysit our 2 daughters one of them is only 4 weeks old
9.gif
(I never though I will spend so much time at whiteflash)
30.gif

I have not completed transaction with them yet, need to gather funds , but so far it has been a great pleasure to deal with this company.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I''m so jealous!!! My ring and stone are from WF, and I too have had great experiences with Brian and Denise. They are amazing!!! If it weren''t for them I don''t think I ever would have considered an I/SI stone (but I''m sure glad I did!). One of these days I''m going to have to convince my SO to go to Houston--just so we can go to WF!

Changing subjects, what stone have you decided on?!?!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
What a great experience! At least you be confident knowing they know what they are doing and you are going to get a beautiful ring. Can''t wait to see it!
face1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/12/2005 3:30:42 PM
Author:guslik

I’ve seen a 3.052 J/SI1 A CUT ABOVE stone – facing up COMPLETELY eye clean and bright white! (Medium Blue Fluorescence really helps
2.gif
HI:

I have been oogling this stone online for some time--showed my hubby the pic on the w/e and he thought it looked pretty nice--but he stated to me "didn''t I want something larger"?? I just about died with shock (20 year anniversary this year and he has hinted at an upgrade.....) when he said this, but I think that this size just might be plenty large enough for me. I''m envious you got to see it in person!!

cheers--Sharon

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
awesome guslik! thanks for sharing your experience with us!!
2.gif

tat2db

Shiny_Rock
That sounds like SUCH fun!!!!! I remember whenI got to do that......I am jealous!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
guslik,
Oh you lucky lucky girl!!! That must have been so much fun and I''m sure you learned a lot!! Can''t wait to hear what you decide on.
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a fun trip. Too bad I wasn''t in need of a ring when I lived all those years in Houston...I coulda just popped in too!!! And now to be so far. Bummer! But it sounds like you had a blast and they really took time to explain and show things to you. Good luck with your future purchase!

guslik

Shiny_Rock
This is the stone I went to look at, it is from Expert selection , the stone was meant to be A CUT ABOVE , but did not pass Brian's strict exam
2.gif
BTW , you have to be really pro to see why it did not make to be A CUT ABOVE, anyway I, personaly could not see why.
20.gif

Report: GIA
Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Carat: 2.63
Color: I
Clarity: SI2
Depth: 61.1
Table: 56
Crown Angle: 34.8
Crown %: 15.2
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion %: 43
Girdle: Medium Faceted
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Faint
Measurements: 8.89-8.94X5.45

This stone has a tiny carbon inclusion easily seen from pavilon ,and after looking reallyyyyy hard I could see it from the table. Trying to decide now if I'm going to drive myself crazy and look for this inclusion 100 times a day
38.gif
when this stone is set.
31.gif

Denise found me another stone to consider GIA IDEAL 2.59ct, will see if they can get the other stone in and if it will be as gorgeous as expert selection 2.63ct.
I'll keep u posted :)

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
oh how exciting. Sounds lovely.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh that 3.05c J SI is one I have been eyeing for a lonnngggg time. You never know...
31.gif
That is exactly what I would want, a J with med blue fluor and SI eye-clean clarity! Best bang for the buck!

re: the 2.63c I SI...I know there was someone else considering it a few weeks ago, don't know what they decided on, but maybe you should put it on hold just in case? You never know with this crowd!!!
9.gif
re: my thoughts on the 2.63 when this gal asked me a few weeks ago what I thought....I told them to get it, I think it looks fabulous from the numbers and I have an SI2 where you can see a tiny dark inclusion off to the right of the table when you stare at it very close, but 99.9% of the time I cannot see it and even when I can, it's sooooo tiny and looks just like a little spec of dust. No one has noticed it..and I doubt anyone ever will. Hence why I think these types of stones are the smartest buys and these sizes are hard to come by in lower clarity and color lately!!

Let us know what you decide...YUM!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2005 1:50
6.gif
2 AM
Author: Mara
Ooooh that 3.05c J SI is one I have been eyeing for a lonnngggg time. You never know...
31.gif
That is exactly what I would want, a J with med blue fluor and SI eye-clean clarity! Best bang for the buck!
Mara
yep....that stone was made especially for you.
2.gif
it would look so nice on your finger.
31.gif
go for it.
36.gif
36.gif

baltneu

Shiny_Rock
yeah Mara, go for that 3.05. I love your upgrade stories.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha I wish guys!! If I could I would be all over it!!

If it''s still there in oh...another 2 years? !!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2005 7:16:42 PM
Author: Mara
haha I wish guys!! If I could I would be all over it!!

If it''s still there in oh...another 2 years? !!
go with the 2 yr layaway plan.
31.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm.... I''m totally envious! I''d love to pay a visit to Whiteflash, especially as we need to sort out a diamond and setting for my engagement ring. You''ve got me thinking... on our trip from Saudi Arabia to Seattle to Wyoming to Cabo San Lucas to San Antonio... maybe we can finish off with a side trip to Houston on the way back to Seattle, before returning to Saudi Arabia
emcry.gif
. Only trouble is the only day we have available is a Saturday and I guess they''ll be very busy
emsad.gif
. After hearing all the reports about Whiteflash on this website, I''d love to consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results