shape
carat
color
clarity

Fun $3 Jewelry Book!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I picked up a copy of With This Ring: The Ultimate Guide to Wedding Jewelry when I was at Barnes & Noble this afternoon. It was 50% off of the discount price of $5.98, so it only cost $2.99--less than the price of a venti latte, I believe.

It''s a fun book, I like the pictures of the celebrity engagement rings and wedding jewelry. It looks like they have $3 copies at Amazon.com, for any other book horders out there.

With This Ring

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Haven...that is a coffee table book worth having!! I hope to visit soon and get my own copy!! That is quite a great price! I bet anyone who actually has that Tiff solitaire/WF classic redesign would love to have that book...as their ring is on the cover!! Cool!! Where is Mary Alania? And all the others who have it?

As for your Venti Lattes for 2.99, would you order me a truckload? Here in my city they are $4.65...and that was 4 months ago when I last had one. With straws I could probably down a few in one sitting.

DKS

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
$4.65 for a cup of coffee?! Are you serious? I must admit--I don''t drink coffee, and if I do go to a Starbucks I order hot chocolate, which is still $3! But $4.65, holy moly!

I actually almost bought a copy of the book for my girlfriend who has the Tiffany solitaire, but she''s not a PS-type so she wouldn''t appreciate it. Can you even imagine--who wouldn''t appreciate a book about jewelry?!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Oh honey depending on what you add...you can get over the $5.00 mark easily. That is the venti though...hubby laughs at my BIG Gulp super size one....but I do only get one once in a while. I am not a coffee drinker either...so it is more like hot chocolate to me too.

Starbucks has another size not on the menu. Apparently all coffee shops have to have it. It is called a SHORT. He read about it one day. And the piece said that the Barristas are impressed when someone orders it ...sorta like an inside secret. So here we go up to order my short...you know prove to them I am in the Know....and yes everyone stopped and looked at me...So again...how special am I? WOO HOO!!! Then they called me to let me know it was ready.

Short is Latin for mouthwash cup*. Not kidding. It is this tiny little one gulp...OH YEAH I AM IN THE KNOW...one of the special people. How embarrassing...have to get back in line to order some fluid with a noticeable amount. But I can''t. Too embarrassed. So on we went to the next Starbucks. Got my Venti...and learned my lesson.

Something is wrong with your non jewelry friend. Maybe she is lacking minerals. (ha...minerals...ha ha.)

DKS

* ok the short isn''t that bad...but it made for a fun story.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s pretty cheap now! I bought it when it came out awhile ago...and still got it discounted on Amazon but not THAT heavily discounted!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just bought my copy for fun.
9.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
ETA: Oops...you have to type in the title to find it...the link doesn't work.

Thanks for sharing, Haven!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yippeee, my book came today and I love it. I love Madonna's ring and there are so many neat pieces!!!
31.gif
Mia Farrows ring and braclet are beautiful! Grace Kelly's ring is lovely too!

LadyJ76

Rough_Rock
Haven - You should get some sort of commission for "advertising" this book...I just ordered 3 of them! One for me and the other two will be Christmas gifts. Thanks for sharing!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Its a pretty fun book...

I paid 20+/- bucks when it came out (i think)..., and had to order it at B&N..., they were out of stock!!!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
I tried to order this from Amazon and it''s going to cost $25 for postage, and I have to wait 6 weeks!!!
emcry.gif
What a bummer... it sounded really cool.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
I just got the last one on "Sort Floor Books" for $2.36 with free shipping! Woot woot! Can''t wait to get it!!!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I ordered mine too!! yippee!

Wolftress, are you not in the states? My shipping is a few bucks...

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Cool! What a fun book to have! I searched and all the B&N's near me don't have that book in stock. Bummer. I don't think I'll be buying it online.

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/24/2007 11:57:40 PM
Author: divergrrl

divergrrl, I''m in Melbourne, Australia. I''m so bummed... I love gawking at celeb jewellery!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
I have received mine couple of days ago as well. I`m in Brisbane, Australia and the local bookshops sell it for $45. Including the postage I saved more than 50% with amazon. Even my DH who`s not into jewellery at all, couldn''t help peeking as I was going through it...
3.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2007 12:27:19 AM
Author: wolftress

Date: 10/24/2007 11:57:40 PM
Author: divergrrl

divergrrl, I'm in Melbourne, Australia. I'm so bummed... I love gawking at celeb jewellery!
I got mine but I don't think I would pay over $20's for it (just my 2 cents). It was cute but there were a few pics I would have liked to have seen close ups. I think our Celebrity thread is better here on PS but it was a fun book since I paid $6 and it is autographed by the authors.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
I paid $14 US incl. shipping to Australia.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can hardly wait. I just ordered mine for 6.98 with S&H. Thanks for the tip.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW--I can''t believe so many people ordered this book! I think retailers should readjust their marketing strategy from commercial advertising to comments on public Internet forums!

I''m so glad you like the book, it is fun. Wolftress--if you''re ever in Chicago (or if I''m in Australia) I''ll pass my copy on to you!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
O.K., I just bit. I couldn''t find it at my local B&N, so I just ordered it online. Total is $6.33 including S&H.

Waiting.......

Thanks for the tip.
1.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My book has arrived and I''ve looked at the pictures in it twice already! Great and cheap entertainment for me.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
My book got here on Monday and my best friend and I have been through it cover to cover!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results