shape
carat
color
clarity

Frustrated with Realtor

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jbazz

Rough_Rock
I have been considering a second home in Canda for a while. I am an Aquarian which means I do things in my own way, in my own time. So I had my eye on a little house on an Island off of Victoria. The property is 5 acres with 200 feet of shoreline. The home was a small but interesting stucco structure. The front door had no threshold so it appeared handicap friendly. The ad said the property had been chemical/pesticide free for almost 25 years. It sounded great, perfect for me actually.

A few weeks ago after a long episode of illness I decided it was time to buy. I call up the realtor who has the listing and tell him what I am in the market for. I also ask about the home I had been watching. He says it is off the MLS but is still very much for sale. He sends me some other listings and we have a few conversations.

Now, I am ready to go look. He gets kinda wishy washy on me and says maybe I should find someone else to see the home I had originally inquired on because it is a little distance from him. So I call and email a realtor from that specific island. He says the home is still available and he will call he owners to inquire. The last I heard from him is the owners were doing some work to the home and he would get back to me.

So, now what exactly is up with this house? Is there a specific reason they dont want to show it? Part of me thinks there must be a reason for the feet dragging (although I have to admit to draggin my feet early on due to illness/interest). I am just not sure how pushy I should get about this particular property.

So what do yall think? Is it a cultural thing where they are on "Island time" like the Carribean? Or is there a reason they are not keen on selling this property?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Huh. Interesting. It could certainly be the culture, but it could also be feet dragging because something else is going on. I would think tat if it''s for sale they''d want to show it!

jbazz

Rough_Rock
Especially the listing agent.

jbazz

Rough_Rock
Wow you guys are a tough bunch. This is the second time I have posted a topic on my own and one person was kind enough to post back. And the other one was actually diamond related.

Oh well. Have fun ladies.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Strange! I lived on an island for years and from my experience, people are on the go to sell ASAP. How little is the island? Is it easy to access or is a private boat required? That could be part of the problem.

ETA - Part of the reason you may not have gotten many responses is because none of us are familiar with the market in that part of B.C. Another is that you posted in the "Shopping" forum, which isn't very active and it's about buying clothes, etc. Possibly try "Hangout?"

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2008 7:31:42 PM
Author: jbazz
Wow you guys are a tough bunch. This is the second time I have posted a topic on my own and one person was kind enough to post back. And the other one was actually diamond related.

Oh well. Have fun ladies.
I don''t think that you are being singled out so to speak, I just think that nobody here has any idea as to why they are not wanting to show the house.

I would just call the listing agent and say that you have asked a few times to see the house, but are not getting anywhere with anyone...what gives?

Good luck!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 12:20:18 PM
Author: MC
Strange! I lived on an island for years and from my experience, people are on the go to sell ASAP. How little is the island? Is it easy to access or is a private boat required? That could be part of the problem.

ETA - Part of the reason you may not have gotten many responses is because none of us are familiar with the market in that part of B.C. Another is that you posted in the ''Shopping'' forum, which isn''t very active and it''s about buying clothes, etc. Possibly try ''Hangout?''
Ditto, I am sorry. I think if you named your thread Real Estate in Victoria Canada help needed or something similar others could helps.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like a great house. Shoreline? Wow, I would keep bugging them. I am not sure how the real estate agents work in Canada. Geez, if you call a realtor here, you can''t get rid of them for life. haha

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
O my, I think you''re talking about my dream place to live for part of the year!!!

I have no idea about the real estate agents up there but it''s been my experience that everything happens when it happens...which I found to be perfect for me. I''ve spent quite a bit of time up there, a friend''s parents lived there. It is the most peaceful place in the world to me. I''d sit by the picture window watching whales, otter & eagles on one side of the house or deer & pheasant on the other. The fern grottos where amazing to walk through on our way to the top of the highest hill that overlooked the island and all sides. Some of the best Holidays I''ve ever spent were there.

Don''t give up...if you want that place, it''s worth the trouble of getting it.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jbazz.
35.gif
I''m not Canadian, so I''m not sure how real estate agents work in Canada. Here''s my take on it.

If the property is off the market, the listing agent''s agreement may have expired. Without an agreement, the agent may not get a commission. I''m guessing the delay could have something to do with this. Without an agreement, why would the agent pursue the matter?

I suppose it could have something to do with "re-positioning" the property also. If the owners think they can get more money by re-doing the kitchen or making some other improvement, they may want to undertake the project and put off selling until the improvement is finished.

Lastly, I''m not sure how things are in Canada, but around here, the market is stagnant. The only transactions that are happening are fire sales - foreclosures, relocations, estate sales - conditions where the sale MUST happen and the prices are super low. Maybe the owners don''t feel they have to dump the property so they are waiting for better times.

To me, this could be a great opportunity for you. If you have the address of the house, why not drop a note in the mail to the owners explaining you are interested? Heck, you could even do an address look-up and get the phone number to call them. What do you have to lose? If the agents are unresponsive, cut them out. Just be sure to have your lawyer lined up to advise you.

The whole thing is strange, but you just never know.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think she left PS. She said "have fun ladies" and hasn''t posted since.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2008 6:08:30 PM
Author: MC
I think she left PS. She said ''have fun ladies'' and hasn''t posted since.

Yeah it appears that she was offended that only a few peopler responded I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results