shape
carat
color
clarity

From a round brilliant solitaire to a RB with pear sides

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
A few years ago I had my diamond set in a 18k white gold vatche swan solitaire. I loved that setting but when I would glance down at my hand I would get underwhelmed and my infatuation for the ring would deflate. I love how solitaires look on other others but when I studied my own solitaire on my hand I didn't get that certain feeling of satisfaction and admiration. However, I sat tight and tried on many types of rings and decided that I longed for a more ornate setting with side stones.
After reaching out to a couple PS vendors and not getting much feedback in terms of sourcing side stones I contacted David Klass and he found many matching sets of pears to choose from. The center stone is a 3.0 RB GIA-N color so we decided the pears should be in the J-K range. I wanted the setting to be in rose gold with a white gold basket, with engraving and milgrain as well.
Now when I look down at new my ring I'm enchanted by it. I love it from every angle and the color of the 14k rose gold is striking with my lower color diamond, I'm very pleased with the size and shape of the prongs. David/Amy are both very easy to work with and took every suggestion and request I had seriously and masterfully put my ideas into a beautiful ring to enjoy for a lifetime. I had some loose diamonds from another ring that DK made into a RG engraved band, the other band pictured is an IDjewelry baguette round eternity.

_28301.jpg

_28304.jpg

_28305.jpg

_28306.jpg

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
I really liked your solitaire and band stack, but I love your new setting and new stack. the metal color matches so much better with diamond and phenomenal finger coverage! To me the diamond pops more too, not sure maybe accented better. can we get a side view of detail of setting please.

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
DK's engraving is sharp, crisp yet so detailed and delicate.

_28309.jpg

_28310.jpg

_28311.jpg

_28308.jpg

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
I think DK nailed the prongs, I wanted slightly chubby yet pointed prongs.

_28307.jpg

_28312.jpg

_28314.jpg

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
guess i was to quick to post. wow that is stunning work. beautiful!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing ring and set!! Congrats with your reset. The set looks beautiful on your hand. I love the RG with your stone. And the engraving is top notch. I love DK's engraving.
Enjoy wearing your rings and enjoy looking at the elegant details.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings are all gorgeous!!!! And it is one of those rare times where you centre RB actually looks bigger now than it did in the solitaire setting, congrats I think it looks wonderful. :clap: :clap: :clap:

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
I love this ring! I'm a fan of this combo (3-stone RB with pear sides), but yours is exquisite with the detailed band and mixed metal, plus the milgrain around the pears. Stunning work and it looks fabulous on your hand.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, the size and proportion of your pears is perfect!!! The whole ring and whole set is beautiful! :love: He really angled the pears just right! What size are the pears??? I love the size.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
What a stunning reset. I love the proportions, they are gorgeous! And I agree with arkie - it definitely makes your centre stone look bigger. Like you, I really really wanted to love the solitaire, but on me I just couldn't.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a change! Your diamond looks fantastic in this setting and I love it paired with those bands.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning! The proportions of the pears are perfect- do you have their size/dimensions?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this ring on you. It's gorgeous. :love: A wonderful upgrade and the proportions are perfect. Amazing! :love: Please post more pics. :appl:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Classic and beautiful!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rendition of a timeless classic. I love the way appropriately sized side stone balance out a large center stone on the finger.

I love a beautiful solitaire too but somehow they never look quite right on my finger hence my three stone ring!

njblinger

Rough_Rock
Wow your new setting is just amazing. Really makes the center stone pop and the design work is exquisite! I would also like to know the size of the side pears.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous reset. Love the proportion of side stones to the center and engraving.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your new setting is absolutely exquisite! it has so many pretty details and the pears are perfectly proportioned.

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Love love your new setting! Still my favorite 3 stone combo setting. Enjoy it. It looks so beautiful on your hand. :appl:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really, really love this. Thanks for sharing! :wavey:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OMG I love that! I've always dreamed of having pear side stones like that. The proportions are perfection too! :appl:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Your previous setting was lovely, but the new look is just stunning! The proportions & details are perfect! I love it with the bands too! :love: :love: :love:

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for all the kind comments, your words of affirmation mean so much. I love the ring but it feels great to get PS'ers stamp of approval as well.
I haven't had a good chunk of time to take more pictures but I thought I'd share the CADs DK sent me. I don't think he would mind, this isn't an exclusive design but definitely a twist on a classic.
The ring itself is size 4.25 (all these years I thought I was size 4.5 but my rings always spun and I can't stand that) 14kt rose and white gold. I was hesitant about the size of the pears, I was hoping for bigger but David knows of what he speaks and gave me reassurance.
The pears are .68 cts and are around J/K in color.

_28352.jpg

_28353.jpg

_28354.jpg

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Victoria10|1427336540|3852498 said:
I really liked your solitaire and band stack, but I love your new setting and new stack. the metal color matches so much better with diamond and phenomenal finger coverage! To me the diamond pops more too, not sure maybe accented better. can we get a side view of detail of setting please.

Thank you Victoria10, I agree the metal color really compliments the low color of the center stone. I'm definitely a RG convert.

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom|1427338217|3852513 said:
What an amazing ring and set!! Congrats with your reset. The set looks beautiful on your hand. I love the RG with your stone. And the engraving is top notch. I love DK's engraving.
Enjoy wearing your rings and enjoy looking at the elegant details.

Thank you Anicom! I enjoy the ring from every angle and the bad part is I don't want to take it off when I get home and cook or clean.

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
arkieb1|1427338504|3852518 said:
Your rings are all gorgeous!!!! And it is one of those rare times where you centre RB actually looks bigger now than it did in the solitaire setting, congrats I think it looks wonderful. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you arkieb1! Isn't it interesting how a different setting sets of the center stone, I hadn't set out to get a larger impact on the center stone but in the end it kind of does look bigger.

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
SparklySoprano|1427341030|3852532 said:
I love this ring! I'm a fan of this combo (3-stone RB with pear sides), but yours is exquisite with the detailed band and mixed metal, plus the milgrain around the pears. Stunning work and it looks fabulous on your hand.

Thank you SparklySoprano! I don't think I've ever seen a RB with pear sides outside of PS in real life but I've always admired it too.

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1427341467|3852535 said:
Oh wow, the size and proportion of your pears is perfect!!! The whole ring and whole set is beautiful! :love: He really angled the pears just right! What size are the pears??? I love the size.

Thank you Diamondseeker2006! I was very concerned with the .68ct size of the pears, I mean .34 per pear seemed tiny but worked out I think the angle sets them off just right.

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
misskittycat|1427358474|3852565 said:
What a stunning reset. I love the proportions, they are gorgeous! And I agree with arkie - it definitely makes your centre stone look bigger. Like you, I really really wanted to love the solitaire, but on me I just couldn't.

Thank you misskittycat! I love the look of solitaires especially in real life when I'm out and about and see a simple solitaire. But when it came to my own hand I couldn't love it either.

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
lknvrb4|1427363819|3852576 said:
Wow, what a change! Your diamond looks fantastic in this setting and I love it paired with those bands.

Thank you lknvrb4! I'm enjoying the bands too, I don't think I could go much larger in terms of mm size of the bands or it might throw the balance of the look off.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results